Fans in on last game of the season

12 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It is a truly dumb idea.

Not all adults will be vaccinated by then.  They will be by start of the next season.   

Why would you risk this for one poxy match, which in almost all cases will be a dead rubber given City will have won the league, and Utd and WBA and prob Fulham or barcodes already relegated.

99% of most vulnerable people will have been vaccinated.

Be 1/4 capacity at most with social distancing measures in place.

Chances of virus spreading in open air is small.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

99% of most vulnerable people will have been vaccinated.

Be 1/4 capacity at most with social distancing measures in place.

Chances of virus spreading in open air is small.

Why take the risk for one match when start of next season we have full adult vaccination?  It makes no sense at all for one probably meaningless game.  It would only take a handful of infected people to pass on infections, and long COVID is a shocker to get by all accounts.

Plus lots of mixing in queues for pies/ bars/ toilets etc which are indoors.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

It is a truly dumb idea.

Not all adults will be vaccinated by then.  They will be by start of the next season.   

Why would you risk this for one poxy match, which in almost all cases will be a dead rubber given City will have won the league, and Utd and WBA and prob Fulham or barcodes already relegated.

i think its massively over exaggerated regards been in an outdoor football stadium ,i think the risks there are very low to zero but its the getting to grounds via public transport or crowding into pubs where any risk would be , i used to get loads of viruses when i used to go to nightclubs and use public transport when i was younger at least 3 times a year , since i aint done this now in well over 10 years i dont get viruses yet i attend 40 games home/away for last few seasons . maybe thats just pure luck or maybe its that an indoor setting is where the risks are.  though id be happy to wait until next season as long as i dont have to stick a stick up my nose and back of my throat and muffle my mouth with a mask id give up going to football under those conditions .

Edited by morganowl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, morganowl said:

i think its massively over exaggerated regards been in an outdoor football stadium ,i think the risks there are very low to zero but its the getting to grounds via public transport or crowding into pubs where any risk would be , i used to get loads of viruses when i used to go to nightclubs and use public transport when i was younger at least 3 times a year , since i aint done this now in well over 10 years i dont get viruses yet i attend 40 games home/away for last few seasons . maybe thats just pure luck or maybe its that an indoor setting is where the risks are.  though id be happy to wait until next season as long as i dont have to stick a stick up my nose and back of my throat and muffle my mouth with a mask id give up going to football under those conditions .

Cheltenham festival going ahead in March 2020 now recognised as a disaster;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/20/virus-dispersion-hub-packed-racecourse-cheltenham-festival

Current variants transmit more easily than the original variant in march 20.

Until we have vaccinated all adults in UK, mass attendance events should not happen.