Rhodes Dropped

jrh

2 minutes ago, jrh said:

That's a classic Jordan Rhodes 'chance' in the team. Two starts - one in which he scored and one where he was dragged off at 60 mins after we didn't play with any attacking tactics yet he still looked the most likely to score. 

Really is ridiculous. Our best performances have all come when he has been involved yet here we are again. 

Paterson got 10 games of being rubbish before he started to show anything and still in my opinion doesn't offer as much as Rhodes. 

Completely agree 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrh said:

That's a classic Jordan Rhodes 'chance' in the team. Two starts - one in which he scored and one where he was dragged off at 60 mins after we didn't play with any attacking tactics yet he still looked the most likely to score. 

Really is ridiculous. Our best performances have all come when he has been involved yet here we are again. 

Paterson got 10 games of being rubbish before he started to show anything and still in my opinion doesn't offer as much as Rhodes. 

I agree.  In fairness to the lad he shouldn’t have been subbed in the last game.  If he’s fit he should have started today.  

• Like 1

He needs a run of games to build form and confidence, was he at any other team in our league that would happen.

Bannan has just 4 assist and 2 penalties in 28 appearances and not score a goal in open play for 42 games he's playing today, Reach has scored 2 goals in 12 games but he starts, Windass not scored for 11 games but he plays. Rhodes not scored for 1 game he gets dropped.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Maybe theres a reason.

Maybe he's got a slight knock, maybe the game plan is for Windass to tire the defence and bring Rhodes on to finish them off.

Maybe he's not looked as sharp in training

Maybe Rhodes is tired? Anyway, you’re right, there will be a reason and it will be a legitimate one. 

• Haha 1

There's an awful lot of jumping up in outrage without a blind bit of knowledge as to if there is a why. Maybe he's had food poisoning and missed the last few days of training. Maybe he's tired. Maybe he's picked up a knock. Maybe we're seeing a formation change to one striker. Maybe he's been unfairly dropped after being substituted after an hour after the last game after we didn't really attack.

I understand why everyone has jumped on that final option, because we can only comment on what we've seen... and as far as I know no Owlstalk members are privy to training or the Rhodes household so it's natural that some conclusion jumping is made... but I'm surprised that there is such confidence behind the conclusion jumping.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There is/was always going to be changes in these games

We have to

We can't play the same 11 players twice a week

BUt DeY GeT PaID fotty GrANDS A WeEK

I used to work down the Pit, Come home, mow the lawn, give the mrs a seeing to, work a second shift at post office and still be fresh enough to have twenty pints down't pub, these footballers don't know they were born!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He needs a run of games to build form and confidence, was he at any other team in our league that would happen.

Bannan has just 4 assist and 2 penalties in 28 appearances and not score a goal in open play for 42 games he's playing today, Reach has scored 2 goals in 12 games but he starts, Windass not scored for 11 games but he plays. Rhodes not scored for 1 game he gets dropped.

Not really comparable is it. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

There's an awful lot of jumping up in outrage without a blind bit of knowledge as to if there is a why. Maybe he's had food poisoning and missed the last few days of training. Maybe he's tired. Maybe he's picked up a knock. Maybe we're seeing a formation change to one striker. Maybe he's been unfairly dropped after being substituted after an hour after the last game after we didn't really attack.

I understand why everyone has jumped on that final option, because we can only comment on what we've seen... and as far as I know no Owlstalk members are privy to training or the Rhodes household so it's natural that some conclusion jumping is made... but I'm surprised that there is such confidence behind the conclusion jumping.

I hope he hasn’t been food poisoned don’t want another loyd owusu