Nuhiu type forward

58 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Nuhiu wasn't good enough before so I can't understand why people are wanting him back.

We need a striker, obviously, preferring one that can actually score tbh.

Think where we have fallen down sometimes with our transfer business is letting players go before we've got a replacement in and in the Nuhiu case it's come back to bite us. Yes I can see why people say we need better but he would have given us better options up top this season because as yet we still haven't come across this better option that according to many on here was going to be so easy. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Think where we have fallen down sometimes with our transfer business is letting players go before we've got a replacement in and in the Nuhiu case it's come back to bite us. Yes I can see why people say we need better but he would have given us better options up top this season because as yet we still haven't come across this better option that according to many on here was going to be so easy. 

100% 

You just know the guy they had earmarked to replace him was Zohore but we got merked with the wage requests from WBA

49 minutes ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Do you have to buy the scarf to live in Glasgow? Lol

Well he was singing the praises of Celtic and Sturgeon. Saddo. Blue white and red myself. 

2 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

100% 

You just know the guy they had earmarked to replace him was Zohore but we got merked with the wage requests from WBA

Precisely mate if they know your desperate they crank up the price. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Not if we go 4-3-3 with Harris, Windass or green either side of a central cart horse. 

But neither of them score goals That’s a big problem with bringing in an out and out target man. What we really need is a player similar to Joao, who is capable of leading the line and can bring others into play, but can also create goals for himself. Through not playing through the midfield, we limit ourselves with the routes to goal. 

1 hour ago, English Man said:

Nah I live in Edinburgh. I mean in all honesty if a team can't even pay a player their full wages its very doubtful they will stay. 

That explains your admiration for Sturgeon, hope you eat humble pie now people are seeing the benefits of Brexit already give her a piece she might choke on it the bitter old bat. Beautiful country by the way I have scottish ancestry of which I am very proud of. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

But neither of them score goals That’s a big problem with bringing in an out and out target man. What we really need is a player similar to Joao, who is capable of leading the line and can bring others into play, but can also create goals for himself. Through not playing through the midfield, we limit ourselves with the routes to goal. 

Our recruitment has been a shambles, so it dosent really matter what we think or come up with, we generally don't have the players for it to work. 

Our midfield as you say, don't score goals and as we all know are too defensive. 

Though I do believe both Green and Windass would score goals playing off a target man. You mention joao, but for us half the time he just wasn't strong or consistant enough during his time here, though he has improved his use of strength and being more of a threat since he left. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Our recruitment has been a shambles, so it dosent really matter what we think or come up with, we generally don't have the players for it to work. 

Our midfield as you say, don't score goals and as we all know are too defensive. 

Though I do believe both Green and Windass would score goals playing off a target man. You mention joao, but for us half the time he just wasn't strong or consistant enough during his time here, though he has improved his use of strength and being more of a threat since he left. 

The thing with Joao, we never used him properly. He can head a ball, we know that, but his game is more about balls into feet, where he can turn his man and get his shot off. Look at his goals, so many of his goals are scored this way, or balls down the side of the centre back. Something changed when we brought in Fletcher We became obsessed with the aerial route, to the detriment of not only Joao, but practically every striker we’ve signed since. We limit ourselves in the ways we can score a goal

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The thing with Joao, we never used him properly. He can head a ball, we know that, but his game is more about balls into feet, where he can turn his man and get his shot off. Look at his goals, so many of his goals are scored this way, or balls down the side of the centre back. Something changed when we brought in Fletcher We became obsessed with the aerial route, to the detriment of not only Joao, but practically every striker we’ve signed since. We limit ourselves in the ways we can score a goal

Probably becouse every manager Dc has brought in since Carlos has been a defensive or  counter man. 

Then Dc says he wants attacking football, then and his recruitment team sign wingers lol

On 31/01/2021 at 09:22, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Jordan Rhodes

But when Windass has started with Rhodes first two games we looked balanced and were unbeaten.

Windass definitely needs to play close to a 2nd No9. 

Edited by OwlerIT

5 hours ago, gizowl said:

Your right Nuhiu needed replacing before being let go, but Wednesday had all the time whilst his contract was running out and pre-season to do this.

It's very much like the manager situation.

Where Wednesday continuously fall down is there forever backwards thinking and some fans follow this.

Nuhiu (I get his attributes totally) was a decent servant for us but I don't understand a return, think forward Wednesday not hard really.

Didn't score before and I think it's zero goals in 12 for his new club, we need a goalscorer more than anything IMO and that's not Nuhiu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

That explains your admiration for Sturgeon, hope you eat humble pie now people are seeing the benefits of Brexit already give her a piece she might choke on it the bitter old bat. Beautiful country by the way I have scottish ancestry of which I am very proud of. 

Benefits of Brexit!? 😂😂😂😂😂 I never said I admire her in the slightest..... putting words in my mouth. I just detest Boris and the Conservatives

Anyway, not getting into all that... this is a football forum.