Nuhiu type forward

Just now, gizowl said:

Agree sad state of affairs Lees Bannan and Reach have 5 months left on their Contracts Bannan and Lees best days behind them, any interest in them will probably be on hold until contracts expired. The best thing we can do is try our best to keep Shaw and I think we will have to go with what we've got till the end of the season including keeping Thompson managing the team. Hopefully Chansiri will sell up or find investment to bring to a end the miserable predicament we are in. 

If you was shaw being truthful and Celtic came in wot would you do? Think only chance we have is games like yesterday where we ride our luck and win 1-0 ? But how many points will we pick up like that? .... not enough and if op score first well a point is most well prob get if that? Sad sad times

18 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

They're all ripping it up in the Cypriot Leagues. . . . . . . . . . . . Oh, hang on a minute. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ye and we've got a leading goal scorer on 4 goals that cost us 500k, excellent transfer strategy. 

1 minute ago, Mick70 said:

If you was shaw being truthful and Celtic came in wot would you do? Think only chance we have is games like yesterday where we ride our luck and win 1-0 ? But how many points will we pick up like that? .... not enough and if op score first well a point is most well prob get if that? Sad sad times

Is he going to get first team football anytime soon at Celtic, apparently they have signed up loads of promising young players that as yet haven't made the breakthrough His best way to develop is by getting regular game time and if he continues to flourish he'll get better offers than Celtic,don't forget its small pond stuff in Scotland and he'd have to put up with Sturgeon. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I haven’t seen much of loft but he has had a decent background at Spurs and Leicester and seems more mobile and keen to run with the ball than Nuhiu. Would be one to keep an eye on. If he only signed last summer then he’d be expensive now but perhaps gettable in the summer as he reaches his final year 

Indeed. I caught the Sky highlights show the other day and Scunthorpe's game with Port Vale was on and he scored and set one up and my first thought was, "this fella reminds me a lot of Nuhiu." One to keep an eye on.

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Is he going to get first team football anytime soon at Celtic, apparently they have signed up loads of promising young players that as yet haven't made the breakthrough His best way to develop is by getting regular game time and if he continues to flourish he'll get better offers than Celtic,don't forget its small pond stuff in Scotland and he'd have to put up with Sturgeon. 

Yep right on all counts! Except how much he’ll get up there to here. ? Money talks especially in this day and age? Let’s hope him being an owl gives us a big edge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mick70 said:

Yep right on all counts! Except how much he’ll get up there to here. ? Money talks especially in this day and age? Let’s hope him being an owl gives us a big edge 

Agree and hopefully someone will point out how Hirst and the other young player that ended up at Hearts I think have struggled to live up to expectations because they took the quick financial fix. 

43 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Ye and we've got a leading goal scorer on 4 goals that cost us 500k, excellent transfer strategy. 

Getting rid of the deadwood was a great transfer strategy. The fact we didn't bring in a striker isn't, I agree. But that's no excuse to bring back deadwood. There are better players out there than the ones released, for some reason our recent managers (whether hands tied by DC or not), don't seem to be in for them. We also seem to have a real issue with looking at the lower leagues, which I don't understand at all. We need to move on from Nuhiu, why his name is still being mentioned baffles me. His ability was shown when no other top league teams (British or European) made a move for him even for free. It's like some on here just like him out of sympathy due to a total lack of ability.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, brando said:

Birmingham,another struggler,just in the process of spending 5 mill on 2 new strikers...how the feck can we compete..?

We can’t compete now - that’s because Chansiri has wasted money in the past and the pot is now nearly empty, seemingly.

In the past we would have been able to compete, but not now

• Like 1

We either need a back to goal forward who can hold it, or a strong crafty target man. That is if we want to keep playing this way.

Alternatively, Windass and Marriot might work as a pairing, but only if we can get a high energy midfielder in. Needs to be someone who breaks forward from midfield and links the play.

Currently we play deep midfield and play the long ball, meaning theres usually a huge gap between the midfield and forwards. Even forwards won the ball, theres no players even close enough to benefit or to go for second ball. 

Sadly, neither is likely to happen and we will persist in playing the way we are. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gizowl said:

Prefer Sturgeon to Bumbling Boris. Celtic will actually pay his full wages. 

4 hours ago, English Man said:

Prefer Sturgeon to Bumbling Boris. Celtic will actually pay his full wages. 

Buy a green and white scarf and go and live in Glasgow then.