Chansiri - Hang your head in shame

One thing that’s puzzling me, how the phuk can DC keep haemorrhaging money at the current rate, and be in league 1 to boot.

He’s  never going to get his money back, and I’m sure he hasn’t got an endless supply of funds.

Something will have to give, sooner more likely than later.....

Business people just don’t let this happen....

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

We're not talking about Derby County mate - if you're a Derby fan you should go onto your own forums

Is that no then?

The prospect of anyone buying this club in its current circumstances, during the current pandemic, for a price that would satisfy the current owner given the amount he both paid and invested is a big, fat, no chance!

You argued the point when I made it last time based on other clubs at our level still being bought and sold.  Not one deal for any comparable club has gone through since we last had the conversation.

The word delusion springs to mind.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Is that no then?

The prospect of anyone buying this club in its current circumstances, during the current pandemic, for a price that would satisfy the current owner given the amount he both paid and invested is a big, fat, no chance!

You argued the point when I made it last time based on other clubs at our level still being bought and sold.  Not one deal for any comparable club has gone through since we last had the conversation.

The word delusion springs to mind.

Come back when Derby dont' have an owner

You know.... as in the point I've made 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, bronxowl said:

One thing that’s puzzling me, how the phuk can DC keep haemorrhaging money at the current rate, and be in league 1 to boot.

He’s  never going to get his money back, and I’m sure he hasn’t got an endless supply of funds.

Something will have to give, sooner more likely than later.....

Business people just don’t let this happen....

Are they really business people? (I use the plural term as Chansiri and Paxo both seem to have a financial interest) Nothing about how our club is run suggests it's how any professional business is operated. 

To be fair given our circumstances, it absolutely will be a tricky time to find a suitable buyer, how could you think otherwise? 

A dated club at the bottom of the second division

League positioning plays a huge part 

And you just can’t ignore the impacts of COVID 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

To be fair given our circumstances, it absolutely will be a tricky time to find a suitable buyer, how could you think otherwise? 

A dated club at the bottom of the second division

League positioning plays a huge part 

And you just can’t ignore the impacts of COVID 

I'll bet you here and now that we have a new owner after Chansiri

£10

Are we on?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

£10

Are we on?

Of course the cycle will continue, I’m just talking about the current moment 

I do think something will come up eventually, but not in the immediate future 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Precisely why anyone saying otherwise should just take their fearmongering nonsense, roll it up, and shove it right up their bottom

But we don’t want just any old buyer, right? We want someone capable of improving us, and the further we fall down the football pyramid, the less likely it’ll be we can attract someone who can make that difference 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

But we don’t want just any old buyer, right? We want someone capable of improving us, and the further we fall down the football pyramid, the less likely it’ll be we can attract someone who can make that difference 

Even more reason Chansiri should go immediately

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

£10

Are we on?

Or the club goes bankrupt...

I have tried to defend Chansiri but we have no idea where we stand, the clubs accounts are almost 6 months overdue to companies house which we can only assume is very bad news.  Even without a points deduction we would still be in the relegation zone with league one football most likely for next season considering we dont really have a manager and we dont really have any strikers.

I feel like Chansiri gambled and because we missed out the first two years the gamble failed and we are now paying for it.  I dont know if he has just had enough with the club or we are still haemorrhaging money given no fans at the moment.  Monk brought in a lot of pretty average players.

on the positive side going into league one will sort out the goalkeeping problems as we cant afford to keep westwood and Dawson/Wildsmith are reasonable league one keepers.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I 100% dispute this statement

Monk got what he was given

Monk was a disaster, he caused our points deduction to be this year not last because of his woeful form after christmas.  And although I agree nobody could do any better with this lot of players.  Other managers and teams with lower budgets than us are more competitive this season, we have had three managers, and all have struggled to get this lot actually playing half decent football.  

I understand Monk had a limited budget this season and there was a lot to do but he brought in no strikers.   Do you really think the likes of Luton had a bigger budget in the summer than we did?  You cant win games if you dont have any strikers.  We have failed to address this in the Jan transfer window which falls on Chansiri but the problem was created by Monk, we should have kept Nuhui (And im not a massive fan of his).

Yer know what really pees me off, we have (well he has) a ground that is admired, even though it’s old now and a great history in the football league. 
Then we had the ‘disaster’ that was none of our own doing in 1989 so forget that a jinx is hangover us like many believe.

The reason being, we won the 1991 League Cup Final V Manchester United at Wembley cheers John Sheridan & Co, so that puts that to bed.
What really pees me off is the absolutely terrible decisions made by DC through his “ADVISOR’s”. 

Our owner and chairman must be a man of honour coming from Thailand and ironically for all of us since he has been the owner, as diehard Wednesdayite’s we have never had a HAPPY ENDING!

13 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

I don’t advocate administration but I do believe that any interested party would have a hard time negotiating with Chansiri and would find it considerably beneficial financially to negotiate with the administrators,

When you have a business, that is losing money and you haven't much left,  where you just want the pain to stop and to get out with something. At that point fantastic price targets get more realistic and you are prepared to take what you can get.

I've no idea if DC is at that point yet but the club is a money pit. He's already put a lot in (nothing like the £350M he says) and unless he has a lot more money that point is going to be reached at some stage. The club is going to lose more when we get relegated and TV money drops dramatically. It's going to be a race between DC reaching the point where the finacial loss becomes unsustainable and the depth of his pride and stubbornness. Will he cut and run before we make it to L2? I hope so, I really do.

57 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Monk was a disaster, he caused our points deduction to be this year not last because of his woeful form after christmas.  And although I agree nobody could do any better with this lot of players.  Other managers and teams with lower budgets than us are more competitive this season, we have had three managers, and all have struggled to get this lot actually playing half decent football.  

I understand Monk had a limited budget this season and there was a lot to do but he brought in no strikers.   Do you really think the likes of Luton had a bigger budget in the summer than we did?  You cant win games if you dont have any strikers.  We have failed to address this in the Jan transfer window which falls on Chansiri but the problem was created by Monk, we should have kept Nuhui (And im not a massive fan of his).

Do you think monk had any say whatsoever in who we signed?

2 hours ago, The Claw said:

its not pathetic, who would buy a club spiralling out of control, any ideas?

It is pathetic. Why do i need an idea about specifically who would buy? There are plenty of people with plenty of money waiting for right opportunities. The argument of who will buy us is void, buyers dont often walk around spouting the fact the want to buy either, when the price is right and DC is skint, a buyer will appear, thats what happens.