Roy Keane

I’d be happy if he got the job. Not ecstatic, but reasonably confident he would do a good job. I know Martin O'Neill has had his day now, but he saw fit to give him the first team coaches job with Ireland and Forest. You don’t do that with all his experience, unless you trust the guy. He knows more about Keane than any of us on here, that’s for sure. As does Ian Wright in that interesting video. 

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not sure he’d be like he is in the media as a manager. I mean he was assistant at Forest and Ireland recently and they have lots of players that are not dissimilar standard to ours.

I can’t imagine he can walk in and critique them like he does Pogba or when he says Maguire and De Gea wouldn’t be allowed on the team bus back to Manchester if he was still captain lol.

Most of the time he’s asked to comment on title challenging teams or Man Utd, so he holds them to the level that’s required as he knows what it takes to achieve it.

I think he’s exactly like that which can work but it’s one dimensional. He had spells at Forest and Ipswich and it didn’t work

On 23/01/2021 at 18:51, abdiwonderland said:

I personally think he would be a great choice. DC arks on about just wanting someone who will be honest with him, Keane will be as honest with him as it gets.

Commands respect, contacts in the game and knows his stuff. 

Id love Roy Keane here as manager. 

Based on what?

Guest LondonOwl313

Anyone but Chris Coleman.. he’s on Monday night football tonight and it’s not even started yet and he’s already talking nonsense