Roy Keane

5 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

I personally think he would be a great choice. DC arks on about just wanting someone who will be honest with him, Keane will be as honest with him as it gets.

Commands respect, contacts in the game and knows his stuff. 

Id love Roy Keane here as manager. 

Err...

NO!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

You think Pulis rocked the boat, this f88ker would sink it!

14 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Has done nothing in management, well except leave with teams in a worse position than when he took over. Both Ipswich and Sunderland were solid stable teams in their respective divisions before he took the helm. 

Have you watched the video?

3.28 onwards.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Has done nothing in management, well except leave with teams in a worse position than when he took over. Both Ipswich and Sunderland were solid stable teams in their respective divisions before he took the helm. 

Wouldn’t want him here but I think Sunderland were bottom of the championship when he took over, and got them promoted. 

• Like 4

Don’t think that’s correct Shezza. Sunderland were struggling  in the Championship when he took over. He got them promoted as champions and they were still in the PL when he left. Ipswich he did struggle with. Everybody does! 

Edited by Devonstrix
  • Like 1

Don't let 13 years of doing fizz all since getting a team promoted get in the way of remembering Roy Keane is a poo manager.

For context, Jos had more promotions on his CV, and more recently. 

Are we really considering a manager who once did something on 2007 (just like Pulis did incidentally). I don't doubt the chuckle brothers, stuffing boy and Chansiri the clueless would, but we are better than that as fans.

You have got to wonder why he has been out of the game so long.

If it was anyone else with that long out of the game then everybody would be laughing at the thought.

One of the greatest premier league players does not equal a decent manager.

This isn't the 80s where a simple approach of intimidating and motivation might be all you need.

22 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Don’t think that’s correct Shezza. Sunderland were struggling  in the Championship when he took over. He got them promoted as champions and they were still in the PL when he left. Ipswich he did struggle with. Everybody does! 

Apologies for just repeating what Vulture and Plonk said. Their responses weren’t showing on my device when I posted. 

5 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

You have got to wonder why he has been out of the game so long.

If it was anyone else with that long out of the game then everybody would be laughing at the thought.

One of the greatest premier league players does not equal a decent manager.

This isn't the 80s where a simple approach of intimidating and motivation might be all you need.

Again, not my choice at all, but at least let’s have facts right. He’s been “out of the game” since 2019. Hardly a long time? 

• Like 2

I could see via the way he talks as to why someone who felt the squad had a mentality issue would see him appealing.

But he’s too one dimensional, he can’t empathise with players who simply didn’t have what he had and can’t understand why it’s not Man U circa 1999 any more. He’d just fall out with everyone.

• Like 1

He took Sunderland from rock bottom of championship and got them promoted that season and kept em up.i think too..

Who do you think we should get who is this brilliant manager waiting in the wings to take us on??lol..

DC is obviously struggling for someone to take it or i think they would have been in by now.4 weeks later in middle of transfer window still no one..UTO

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I could see via the way he talks as to why someone who felt the squad had a mentality issue would see him appealing.

But he’s too one dimensional, he can’t empathise with players who simply didn’t have what he had and can’t understand why it’s not Man U circa 1999 any more. He’d just fall out with everyone.

I’m not sure he’d be like he is in the media as a manager. I mean he was assistant at Forest and Ireland recently and they have lots of players that are not dissimilar standard to ours.

I can’t imagine he can walk in and critique them like he does Pogba or when he says Maguire and De Gea wouldn’t be allowed on the team bus back to Manchester if he was still captain lol.

Most of the time he’s asked to comment on title challenging teams or Man Utd, so he holds them to the level that’s required as he knows what it takes to achieve it.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Have you watched the video?

3.28 onwards.

Yeah, Keane’s track record on the coaching side speaks for itself, he's another old school, would he fit into SWFC? 100% no, would he ever? I really hope not, Keane is very limited in his approach, hence why he keeps things simple.