Let's Hit Him Where It Hurts

27 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Are you for real.

What part of the post makes you think he’s not real? 

That no one in their right mind would buy us? Or his hope that DC can convince a good manager and players to come? 

both seem like solid points/desires that real fans may have. 

I know you’ve been lost for words a bit this morning but you’re starting to look a bit bitter. Maybe some sleep and the lack of football for a fortnight will help. 

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

So you think we are still signing players that are financially beyond our means? Or are players such as Iorfa, Dunkley, Luongo, Harris not all decent championship players on affordable contracts for affordable fees?

I mean they combined probably cost the same as Rhodes on salaries.

Personally, I think that’s progress and that someone has changed the transfer/recruitment approach. 

That would be the EFL mate, not someone at the club.

We’re under sanctions. There’s a limit on transfer fees and on wages.

Being subjective. What if DC has learnt a little and decided with this next appointment he is going to be totally transparent with the candidates? Perhaps he’s clearly set out to get someone to specifically coach the team and not manage the other aspects? Listen to the interviews with Carlos and it’s clear this is what his role was. It’s not just here it’s happening at a lot of clubs and all across Europe. The most successful in our country are probably Southampton. Like I’ve said in previous posts the structure above needs to be right though. At least with this next appointment the person coming in should be under no illusions that they are going to get full control of everything at the club. 

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

We really need to act and and act now as a collective fan base.

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

No keyboard warrior is going to tell me what I'm going to do with my money

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Not really though is it? Most clubs now have transfer departments rather than the manager choosing their own players. The manager usually has input but I’d imagine it’s fairly common knowledge that we need players in a variety of positions. 

It would be a shambles to turn down any attractive opportunity awaiting an appointment of a manager. I think you only have to read the 30 odd pages of transfer thread to see most fans want signings. Add to that 18 or so players out of contract at end of season... by your reckoning should we withdraw contract offers until new manager gets his say?? 

If you’re doing this you need the right people in place to carry it out, our track record and rapid decline tells you we’re far from having that.

• Thanks 1

I was all for that before Covid because I was completely fed up how he was running the club but because of the financial Impact to clubs if we pull away all our monetary support now there is every chance the club could fold with DC at the helm.

He could  determines that’s his only way out. Could be the best result for him if he’s losing money hand over fist but not the fanbase. It’s a real contentious argument right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

Boycotting merchandise is not that hard, unless you are desperate for a Wednesday garden gnome or cuddly Ozzie Owl.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Pre pandemic I could get onboard with this and would have been well up for this. Until we get through this and somehow get back to some normality I think we need to just hope and pray we have a club to fight for at the end of all this. For Chansiri’s faults he’s still bankrolling the club through the toughest economic situation in most peoples living memory. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

God bless.

And then moan when the club goes in to admin, suffers a 12 point deduction, gets relegated, nobody then comes in to buy them out of admin and is wound up.

seems a sensible approach to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

That would be the EFL mate, not someone at the club.

We’re under sanctions. There’s a limit on transfer fees and on wages.

I’m fairly sure there isn’t. If there was we’d not be signing Green, offering Bannan and reach new contracts. Etc. 

If there is, let’s hope it stays forever as we’re still making decent signings and offering our players renewals without blowing the budget up the wall. 

• Like 2

So keep funding an incompetent megalomaniac who appear hell bent on controlling every aspect of the club with no knowledge of how to do whilst dragging our club to financial ruin, that sounds like a great idea, hell where do I sign up.

The main issue is that he wants to control every aspect of the club but then doesn't control those aspects.

That leaves us with a club where nobody is in control of anything.

No plan, no coherent decisions. Everything ends up being a last gasp panic.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Boycotting merchandise is not that hard, unless you are desperate for a Wednesday garden gnome or cuddly Ozzie Owl.

Very true the last thing I think I bought was a pair of puma kings from the upstairs puma store 

lol

42 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

If you’re doing this you need the right people in place to carry it out, our track record and rapid decline tells you we’re far from having that.

I disagree. I think the people who identified Harris, Iorfa, Dunkley, Luongo are doing a decent job. All 4 are likely on a fraction of the players they replaced. So they are bringing in competitive players on lessor salaries. They, until now (end of this season) have been working with one hand tied behind their backs by having Westwood, Rhodes,  JvA, Lees, Bannan & Reach sapping circa 150k per week out of the club. Now 2/3 of them offer some sort of return on investment but I’m not sure as a collective they give good value for money. 

Now and only now can they begin to work from a place where they don’t have to worry about 70k per week wasted on Rhodes and Westwood. That likely funds Luongo, Iorfa, Dunkley, Harris & Moses.... so just getting rid of those two gives you another 5 solid pros at this level. 

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

God bless.

do that and the club will be wound up . under normal times and with an owner what would sell for a fair price yes,  but chansiri is obsessed he has spent 350 million yes i know thats rubbish , he claims to have turned down big offers in the past , the club is completely unsellable in league 1 no owner with money can do anything , the 2.5million wage bill is set it dont matter if your sunderland with 30000 or southend with 2000 they will have the same wage bill , i dont agree with much at all what chansiri has done , he created a circus when he employed carlos sent wage bill upto 42million a season signed crocks on 3year deals jones,loovens, abdi loads and loads more . why cant we be like preston and sign up and coming players from league 1 a club run right with half the supporters . whether you like chansiri or not we would have been wound up months ago if he wernt bankrolling the club .

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, wmb said:

Pre pandemic I could get onboard with this and would have been well up for this. Until we get through this and somehow get back to some normality I think we need to just hope and pray we have a club to fight for at the end of all this. For Chansiri’s faults he’s still bankrolling the club through the toughest economic situation in most peoples living memory. 

i wish some would understand this , chansiri has massive faults and i wish we had a different owner but if he wasnt here the club would 100% have got wound up months ago. what amazes me is several clubs aint already got wound up 

• Like 2