Let's Hit Him Where It Hurts

I remember when football used to be about supporting the club. I’m no DC fan but the overreactions are priceless to a degree. ‘Brought shame on our club’, I mean cmon lol 

He tried to reach the stars and failed. He’s not shameful for giving it a go. He’s just made some very poor decisions along the way 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That old chestnut was valid 6 years ago mate

Not anymore

Well he gambled and failed. A consequence of that is we now have to ship through an uncharted territory. I’m sure the club had some sort of sniff that this might happen. I seem to recall threads on it back in the day. The model isn’t sustainable long term if you don’t go up, and we were a whisker away.

He won’t get stick for that from me, but he will get stick for repeated poor decisions since 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, prowl said:

I was going to use Rhodesian Dollar as a comparator but when I looked it up it said they used the Zim $ so I went with that.

According to Wiki it does still exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwean_dollar

I've worked there several times and can assure you they haven't had their own currency for years.

You can only buy things with American dollars but they don't have coins, so if something costs $2.50 and you give $3 they will give you a few sweets to make up the difference.  

lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I remember when football used to be about supporting the club. I’m no DC fan but the overreactions are priceless to a degree. ‘Brought shame on our club’, I mean cmon lol 

He tried to reach the stars and failed. He’s not shameful for giving it a go. He’s just made some very poor decisions along the way 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That old chestnut was valid 6 years ago mate

Not anymore

Yep, fair play for having a go and 2015-17 was the best I have seen from us in 20 years. We shouldn't have to spend the next 4 years and counting paying the price for an objective that ultimately didn't come off though, that's pretty poor long-term planning and risk management and it is not surprising it is criticised. 

13 hours ago, Blue and white said:

That doesn't stand up and will never happen, he is struggling financially now  it's not like he can afford to walk away from the money he has put in.

The best way I would describe DC is he's like a gambler losing a lot of money spending more to chase his losses hoping he will win big.

The problem is he is playing roulette and always better on 50 - he doesn't have the knowledge to know there is no 50 in the wheel.

After nearly 6 years in charge has he honestly learnt anything other than how to waste a lot of money to make something worse.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, fair play for having a go and 2015-17 was the best I have seen from us in 20 years. We shouldn't have to spend the next 4 years and counting paying the price for an objective that ultimately didn't come off though, that's pretty poor long-term planning and risk management and it is not surprising it is criticised. 

Nah we shouldn’t and I’m not saying that, which is why I said he deserves stick for the bad decisions he’s made since then.

I think not selling players at their peak was where he f-ed up the most, and going by his recent interview regarding FF there is definitely some regret there in not doing that.

Has football historically ever been sustainable enough so that you can plan long term? We’re seeing a few more clubs do it these days, but it has never been the norm. 

Clubs can’t forecast what is going to happen each season. For example a team might do brilliantly one season, the next season they get relegated, which means they have to revise the long term plans they put in place during their good season 

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Clubs can’t forecast what is going to happen each season

Dem Galactico's  were going to be playing in Europe this season this time last year...now they have the worst losing record of any Premier team EVER...every cloud and all that 🤣

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nah we shouldn’t and I’m not saying that, which is why I said he deserves stick for the bad decisions he’s made since then.

I think not selling players at their peak was where he f-ed up the most, and going by his recent interview regarding FF there is definitely some regret there in not doing that.

Has football historically ever been sustainable enough so that you can plan long term? We’re seeing a few more clubs do it these days, but it has never been the norm. 

Clubs can’t forecast what is going to happen each season. For example a team might do brilliantly one season, the next season they get relegated, which means they have to revise the long term plans they put in place during their good season 

Fair enough on the long-term planning not being full-proof but there should be some risk management that is in place to prevent a 2-year strategy negatively impacting the club for half a decade if it doesn't come off.

Even with things like FF there are references to how the fans would have reacted had we sold him when we had the chance, the fact we are losing money hand over fist should take priority over whether decisions will upset the fans I'm afraid.

Things have changed recently with the sale of Joao for what seemed like a decent fee and a decent sell on clause as well as the move away from aging players on big long contracts but does all feel a bit like 'after the horse has bolted' and it is taking a ling time to try and turn around. 

14 hours ago, Blue and white said:

We really need to act and and act now as a collective fan base.

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

Well he has my money for the season ticket which runs from 2019/20 through to 2021/22. As posted in other threads, no chance of withdrawing this or even receiving a refund. But as a lifelong supporter who has bought shares and had a 1961 to 1991 debenture, why would I want to make it even more likely that our club would fold?

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

You on drugs?

• Haha 1

God bless.

Great idea bankrupt the club.   God give me strength

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

What we need is for chansiri to turn the corner. Start building value within the squad.

I see we're starting to make this happen but he's made alot of fans very unforgiving with the ticket refund situation I suppose.

What are we starting to do?

Chansiri thinks he knows best, he's ruining our club and putting us into the ground.

He's added another agent sorry "advisor"/ boxing promoter.

He's not added anyone with experience of the English game and anyone who he has in the past hasn't lasted.

Bruce Pulis Miere Roeder Pearson 

We're going for a head coach model without a director of football, our director of football role is filled by two agents and Chansiri.
The two agents we know about 1 has ties to a dodgy company and has been in the background with Chansiri since his takeover.

The other one is a boxing promoter with ties to several different clubs such as Cardiff who incidently we signed both Flint and Patterson from.

He put on Instagram also saying he's a shareholder and then deleted in within a couple of hours, to Chansiri denying it all the next day in his conference call.

We are turning no corner, we have no direction and zero structure.

He's a terrible owner and many fans are blinded because he's put money into the club.

Realistically are we in a better position than when he took over?

We've gone completely backwards.

Points deduction and sale of our ground.

He's a stubborn man with a expensive hobby and the only people he's taking advice from is vultures.

• Like 1
  • Love 3