Let's Hit Him Where It Hurts

15 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We really need to act and and act now as a collective fan base.

I urge every Sheffield Wednesday fan to withdraw there financial support for the club until the current owner sells up and leaves.

The shame he has brought to this club through stupidity, ineptitude and sheer arrogance will live long in the football community.

Some will point out how do we withdraw our financial support if we can't attend games, I say don't subscribe to Ifollow, don't buy merchandise, don't even buy a fecking 2 pence chew of its conected to Chansiri, hell I've even started boycotting John West products.

Please don't kill your club by blindly backing our owner, stand tall grow a pair and make it clear this is our club, it was here before he was even a good idea in his dad mind and it will be hundreds of ears after we have all departed this earth.

God bless.

Seems a bit of an overreaction to the fact we probably wont appoint Paul Cook as manager.

Let’s be honest, it’ll never happen but when you throw the incompetence of DC into the mix with some post covid financial caution, changes in habits and a disinterest in our dour football it wouldn’t be a shock to see a big drop off in attendances when we can eventually return.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seems a bit of an overreaction to the fact we probably wont appoint Paul Cook as manager.

I didn't want Cook as our manager, my concerns are the comments Cook made, same as the Cawley brothers and Pulis, eluded to by Bruce and Carlos.

Where does it stop, how can you have an idiot running every aspect of the club who by his own admission knows nothing about football.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

After all we’ve been through, literally after everything, all the bad decisions...

AND NOT APPOINTING PAUL (Sligo, Chesterfield, Portsmouth, Accrington and Wigan) COOK IS WHERE YOUVE HAD ENOUGH?! 

I don't want Cook as a manger, I've said all along he is a 3rd rate manager and we should be aiming for better, sadly better managers wont come near the club for our fruit loop of an owner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

Careful what you wish for. He's the one currently keeping the club afloat. Withdrawal of the minimal funding you suggest and he may think xxxx it. And the club you say that will be there hundreds of years after DC may disappear pretty quickly. 

That doesn't stand up and will never happen, he is struggling financially now  it's not like he can afford to walk away from the money he has put in.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

I didn't want Cook as our manager, my concerns are the comments Cook made, same as the Cawley brothers and Pulis, eluded to by Bruce and Carlos.

Where does it stop, how can you have an idiot running every aspect of the club who by his own admission knows nothing about football.

Pulis did an awful job, failed to improve on the poor record of Monk with the same resources that an academy coach has managed to get a decent tune from.

Danny Cowley took the Huddersfield job as he felt a synergy with the owners long-term vision - months later Cowley was gone as the owners and the manager didn't see eye to eye.

Paul Cook was my choice but I suspect he has spoke out in this way as he won't be getting the job. If he really feels a manager has no chance of working well with us then why not outline what exactly the issues are, what has he got to lose in that respect? What decisions does he feel he should be able to make that would be taken by someone else?

I am not enjoying the direction the club has gone in over the last 3 years but I won't be withdrawing my money on this basis. We already have expenses way beyond turnover so not sure what significant difference it would make. 

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

That doesn't stand up and will never happen, he is struggling financially now  it's not like he can afford to walk away from the money he has put in.

Why doesn't it stand up. It's not out of the question that numerous clubs outside the Premier league could go bust. No fan income must be a huge loss to clubs, our owner has invested heavily but may think is it worth putting more in when more and more of the fanbase are turning against him. I know I'd think twice in his position. And no I'm not blind to the fact he's made a  absolute pigs ear of running our club. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Why doesn't it stand up. It's not out of the question that numerous clubs outside the Premier league could go bust. No fan income must be a huge loss to clubs, our owner has invested heavily but may think is it worth putting more in when more and more of the fanbase are turning against him. I know I'd think twice in his position. And no I'm not blind to the fact he's made a  absolute pigs ear of running our club. 

The fans are turning against him through his own actions though, he just isn't learning that he cannot run a football club with zero knowledge of the game, the money he's had at his disposal spent wisely would have seen us in the Prem by now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The fans are turning against him through his own actions though, he just isn't learning that he cannot run a football club with zero knowledge of the game, the money he's had at his disposal spent wisely would have seen us in the Prem by now.

I disagree, the past 4/5 windows show a vast change in approach. The fact we’ve stopped paying ridiculous fees and wages shows he has learnt. Whether it’s too little too late is something else but the same mistakes we/he was making are no longer. It’s just we are still paying the price of those initial mistakes. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Not just fans, it's people in football  ex players  pundits and even other chairmen, and yet some of our fans can turn round and say we aren't happy with it but we will continue to back it.

Words fail me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I disagree, the past 4/5 windows show a vast change in approach. The fact we’ve stopped paying ridiculous fees and wages shows he has learnt. Whether it’s too little too late is something else but the same mistakes we/he was making are no longer. It’s just we are still paying the price of those initial mistakes. 

Like I say, words fail me.