Charlie Austin

Wouldn’t be against Wickham at this point If we’re bringing in a few 

hes out of contract in the summer isn’t he? 

gives him a rest of season to prove his worth to us 

my guess is we can afford him so al those turning their nose hat Wickham and Austin 

are going to be really disappointed in what we end up with 

Everybody praying on unearthing a gem....good luck with that 

QPR transfer for Austin does not make any sense.

How much were we asking for with Rhodes, for a Premier League striker to be the cheaper option.

Add to that he came from West Brom, the same team that tried to get us to pay the £50k that Zohore was on.

It just seems other clubs can better negotiate with EPL clubs than we can, its like we low-ball them or get their backs up so they dig their feet in with us.

If he stays fit he will score the goals to move them up the table they create plenty of chances but have been weak at the back.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Wouldn’t be against Wickham at this point If we’re bringing in a few 

hes out of contract in the summer isn’t he? 

gives him a rest of season to prove his worth to us 

my guess is we can afford him so al those turning their nose hat Wickham and Austin 

are going to be really disappointed in what we end up with 

Everybody praying on unearthing a gem....good luck with that 

That's ships past - When people slag of Rhodes what has Wickham done for the last 9 season.

At least Rhodes is a has been, Wickham was a never been, he has never scored more than 9 goals in a season and in the last 9 seasons he has played just 76 games scoring 19 goals. He is on a lot more than Rhodes has been over the last 9 season too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yorksowl said:

Everytime a premier  league 'as been' forward pops up, why is it they can do a job for us.  Is on at 30 to 40 k a week and injury prone. If we are desparate for someone like Austin, we are more in the mire than I thought we were.

I said he’s the type of forward we need; he can hold the ball up and, in addition to that, he is spiteful, aggressive and knows how and when to apply his “gamesmanship” - can you tell me why we wouldn’t want a forward like that? Also, his wages are likely to be supplemented by his parent club while on loan - QPR are rolling in money are they? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

That's ships past - When people slag of Rhodes what has Wickham done for the last 9 season.

At least Rhodes is a has been, Wickham was a never been, he has never scored more than 9 goals in a season and in the last 9 seasons he has played just 76 games scoring 19 goals. He is on a lot more than Rhodes has been over the last 9 season too.

The love in with him is ridiculous. 

33 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I said he’s the type of forward we need; he can hold the ball up and, in addition to that, he is spiteful, aggressive and knows how and when to apply his “gamesmanship” - can you tell me why we wouldn’t want a forward like that? Also, his wages are likely to be supplemented by his parent club while on loan - QPR are rolling in money are they? 

Are they likely to subsidise his wages?

Wasn't the sticking point with West Brom over Zohore the fact they wanted us to pay his full wages whilst he was on loan

37 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Think they got 20m for eze

4 hours ago, Yorksowl said:

To be honest Im not interested in QPR and what the parent club would want in the way of conribution towards his wages..  I believe he is also injury prone thats all we need to add to our growing injury list. I get what you mean but hes nowt special. A bit like Paterson with goals except he comes on for last 15 minutes of a game and scores . If he was that good he would be starting every game. If you take the spiteful out of it, I guess you were not a Nuhui fan. One of the worse bloopers this club as made in quite a few years with regards of allowing a player to leave.

I was one of Nuhiu’s greatest fans and, as such, went back and forth with Ian and ISHSB hundreds of times.