Vladimir Ivić

29 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

A dour negative manager is the last thing we need. 

I agree, I just posted what I found. I doubt any of us would know how he plays properly, except if we have watched Watford all season or got information from multiple Watford fans. I don't think he would be as defensive/bad as people are currently making out. I only saw him/his team when he played us at home in his 3rd game, it ended 0-0. The first half was defensive and the second half was completely opposite and we were lucky not to lose by a few goals really.

The Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54127586 Also I've been looking at his Watford results if anyone is interested: https://www.transfermarkt.com/vladimir-ivic/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/35944/verein_id/1010/datum_zu/2020-08-15/datum_ab/2020-12-19   

• Like 1

Honestly it can really get embarrassing on here can’t it 

it’s like reading kids squabbling because they didn’t get what they wanted, and the amount of Watford insiders on here who know the ins and out of their dressing room is frightening 

He may not get the job yet and he may not be your choice and you may be in love with the idea of cook or Pearson or megson or any other manager coming in, but FFS let’s give whoever gets it a chance and see what he brings to the team before we start ripping the man and his style and tactics to shreds shall we. 

15 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Precisiely. He kept saying in his presser that he hates negative managers. ‘I told Steve Bruce I don’t want to appoint you due to your style of play’

He then appoints Pulis and a month later;

’he was sacked as he plays negative one up front football’ 

He really has no clue and goes on the recommendations of his mates/advisors. 

Didn't Pulis say to Chansiri he would play a more attacking style initially?

Chansiri can't stop people saying one thing, then doing another eg Bruce

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Disagree, that just intimates our fan base is racist. I’m sure the fans would be excited about a proven manager with a track record of playing decent football regardless of nationality.

It is for quite a few on here so I'll just leave the thought there 

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

I agree, I just posted what I found. I doubt any of us would know how he plays properly, except if we have watched Watford all season or got information from multiple Watford fans. I don't think he would be as defensive/bad as people are currently making out. I only saw him/his team when he played us at home in his 3rd game, it ended 0-0. The first half was defensive and the second half was completely opposite and we were lucky not to lose by a few goals really.

The Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54127586 Also I've been looking at his Watford results if anyone is interested: https://www.transfermarkt.com/vladimir-ivic/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/35944/verein_id/1010/datum_zu/2020-08-15/datum_ab/2020-12-19   

Apologies if it came across like that, it certainly wasn’t a dig at you.

I have 3-4 Watford supporting mates who didn’t take to his football and heard some horror stories from the training ground. From the comments they passed on I really don’t want him near the club.

At the minute our players are lower than a snakes belly. They’ve had issues with payments and then had a month of chasing games with Pulis in charge. They need some positivity and an arm round them and Ivic won’t be that person. 

1 minute ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Didn't Pulis say to Chansiri he would play a more attacking style initially?

Chansiri can't stop people saying one thing, then doing another eg Bruce

If Chansiri or his advisors had anything about them they just needed to look at Pulis’s record and style of play to know full well they wouldn’t get attacking football in a month of Sundays. 

Further proof that they genuinely have no clue on appointing managers. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Had he not had 22 games at Watford, how would you view his credentials based on the strength of the leagues in Greece and Israel.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against him, genuinely don't know much about him, which is my concern.

On the face of it, we're appointing a manager who is an apparent authoritarian in approach,. which we know doesn't work with our squad and doesn't seem to have an attacking mindset...based on his time at Watford setting up 541?

As for advisors being friendly with Pozzo's, it's been reported before and our early transfer business with Watford demonstrates we have been an outlet for their unwanted players, not necessarily successful. There is a reaeon we constantly shopped and a few clubs repeatedly

I'm not necessarily in disagreement with you, more questioning how you've come to the conclusion over Paixao and Ivic. I was curious more than anything.

If it's been reported that there is some kind of friendship between the Pozzo's and Paxo, then I've just not seen it. It stands to reason there must be something due to the transfers, but I wondered how deep that friendship was, or if there was a friendship of any kind.

In answer to your question, of course the leagues in those two countries aren't anywhere near as good as the PL and across the board probably barely equal to the Championship. That said, a win ratio is a win ratio and regardless of the strength of the league, I would consider - in isolation - that his credentials would be worth considering. Like I said, "in isolation" because it depends who else is in the running for the job. If, as reported, Cook is also in the running, out of the two I would chose Cook, purely because he knows the English game and the league better.

All managers are authoritarian in approach, but there are degrees to which the authority is upheld. Until today I'd not necessarily realised what Ivic's approach was and if he is a hard-liner, then that may not work with the current batch of players. Long term they will not be here as all players are transient, but, certainly until the end of the season they are and for me it is a question of survival and then build for the future. On that basis again I would choose Cook, but if it is Ivic who has been offered the job then I do feel we have a good manager - on paper at least.

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Apologies if it came across like that, it certainly wasn’t a dig at you.

I have 3-4 Watford supporting mates who didn’t take to his football and heard some horror stories from the training ground. From the comments they passed on I really don’t want him near the club.

At the minute our players are lower than a snakes belly. They’ve had issues with payments and then had a month of chasing games with Pulis in charge. They need some positivity and an arm round them and Ivic won’t be that person. 

No you're fine haha. I kinda agree on the player part and thanks for the information.

Has it occurred to anything that maybe there is something rotten in the Watford player camp? And they could have let him down? His methods didnt seem to hamper him in his other jobs? 

He wouldn't be my pick, but it's amazing how knowledgeable some of you think you are about Watford. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

Decent.

Looks athletic...not usually my type, our lass thinks a weight is the time between ordering a takeaway and it turning up.

Think I might be sold.

I messed up. That's his brother's wife lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

Has it occurred to anything that maybe there is something rotten in the Watford player camp? And they could have let him down? His methods didnt seem to hamper him in his other jobs? 

He wouldn't be my pick, but it's amazing how knowledgeable some of you think you are about Watford. 

If it’s rotten in watfords camp it’ll be ******** horrendous in ours. 

Players got Pulis sack with his methods. So no different with this guy if his methods are to be believed.

Viva chansiri. First class clown. Boycott club until he’s gone.

8 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm not necessarily in disagreement with you, more questioning how you've come to the conclusion over Paixao and Ivic. I was curious more than anything.

If it's been reported that there is some kind of friendship between the Pozzo's and Paxo, then I've just not seen it. It stands to reason there must be something due to the transfers, but I wondered how deep that friendship was, or if there was a friendship of any kind.

In answer to your question, of course the leagues in those two countries aren't anywhere near as good as the PL and across the board probably barely equal to the Championship. That said, a win ratio is a win ratio and regardless of the strength of the league, I would consider - in isolation - that his credentials would be worth considering. Like I said, "in isolation" because it depends who else is in the running for the job. If, as reported, Cook is also in the running, out of the two I would chose Cook, purely because he knows the English game and the league better.

All managers are authoritarian in approach, but there are degrees to which the authority is upheld. Until today I'd not necessarily realised what Ivic's approach was and if he is a hard-liner, then that may not work with the current batch of players. Long term they will not be here as all players are transient, but, certainly until the end of the season they are and for me it is a question of survival and then build for the future. On that basis again I would choose Cook, but if it is Ivic who has been offered the job then I do feel we have a good manager - on paper at least.

Some good points. If that's the choice Chansiri has made, that's who we have for the next few months.

I think it will be difficult to buy into any sort of long term tenure beyond the end of the season. I don't think his character suits the squad or meets the attributes stated by Chansiri. Which is the cause of my reluctance.

Been reported by a few, Nixon amongst others the relationship between a certain advisor and the owner's of Watford. That doesn't sit easy with me, Watford will usually have a financial outlay as part of his severance package until he gets a new job, now being recommend to us, despite not meeting the person specification inferred by Chansiri, it just seems a bit murky.

I'm not as against him as I was Pulis, just think it's a bit of a waste of time appointment. Just re watched the game vs Watford earlier this season, not much to get excited about there, especially considering the players he had at his disposal. But as you say he does have a decent points per game ratio. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The majority of people backing cook are the same people who was wank1ng themselves silly over Houghton 18 months ago

How's he getting on at forest again? 

Cooks done absolutely nowt in this league 

• Like 1