Vladimir Ivić

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Another piece. I've been trying to find some positives but struggling. Multiple sources quoting one dimensional, dreary football....sounds familiar.

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/from-the-podcasts/watford-xisco-munoz-vladimir-ivic-troy-deeney/

For the love of god, try harder!  😜   I've been doing my best to convince myself to be optimistic!

• Haha 1

Couldn't Dejphon tell all Wednesday fans to put all their life savings on betting that Ivic is appointed, then appoint him, then fans invest winnings back into the club, thus making us the richest club in world football. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The issues with football immigration have existed for donkeys, the only difference is that pre-Brexit, such rules didn't apply for EU nationals.  Now they equally apply.

It's why you never had Yeovil signing unheard of players from Argentina and Senegal.

Remember Rudi Austin .

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2021 at 11:30, Incognito Owl said:

Found this about him: https://www.90min.com/posts/things-to-know-vladimir-ivic Points 3. and 4. are interesting for his style of play. 3. He Loves Using Different Formations to Attack  "I know what I want and, perhaps even more important, what I imagine is realistic to implement. Personally, I like attacking and aggressive football, with high pressure, but I tailor the scheme according to the circumstances." 4. But His Football Isn't Always Attractive "We won because we played organized and strong football"

Some varied views from Watford fans: https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watford-fans-ivic-sacking-reaction-4816243 Some blame the players ect. and some are happy he was gone.

A bit about his views on youth players: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18807393.vladimir-ivic-claims-watfords-youth-strategy-big-risk/ 

From his https://www.transfermarkt.com/vladimir-ivic/profil/trainer/35944 page it says his preferred formation is 4-3-3, but he's also played mostly 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 at Watford and Maccabi Tel Aviv. Surely he can't be that defensive? As he played as a attacking midfielder too.      

On 07/01/2021 at 14:23, Incognito Owl said:

Found some more: https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18656331.fans-hilarious-reactions-new-watford-head-coach-vladimir-ivic/ The interesting points are from his former two clubs fans, one from Tel Aviv says "Don't expect for a happy face  But he is one great manager  He is tough, but loyal to his players, and from what they said in the last few months they just love him" One from his Greek club POAK FC said "Very good coach. People of watford should trust him and i don't know if you guys change coaches every month but this guy knows what he is doing." Another one said "great coaching in the game...with an excellent team behind him..very good with the teammates and players...he can bring calm inside the team and all like a family (:Chansiri:Haha)..hard working and talented.believe me a great choice! Exactly...believe him and give him space to make his best..from the first game you are going to see his work.."

I'll try and dig out some more later from the Watford forum maybe.         

Again I post these. I posted them again some pages a go with people not knowing about him, but don't know if the majority of people saw them with the amount of posts being posted. I posted them originally in this thread when I researched Ivić. Please read them and the links if you haven't and see what you think, most of them are positive. I didn't want to research some negatives at Watford i.e. the player power saga. As I didn't think Ivić was to blame, as Watford fans have stated.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Surely nothing to do with Brexit.

Serbia not an EU country so would have as much right or otherwise as any non-EU citizen?

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Nothing to do with brexit btw...🤣

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Correct....................................Serbia not in EU..................

He's got Greek passport as well. He didn't need work permit for Watford job because of duo citizenship.

Now he needs one because of Brexit.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, belgrade_owl said:

Now he needs one because of Brexit

Not strictly true unless you know otherwise.

He could have applied for settled status in the UK while at Watford, in which case he's free to leave the UK for  a couple of years and still keep his work status in the UK.

• Thanks 3

Thinking about this you have two managers up for job. Both competent coaches with decent records.

Cook said to be life and soul of party would raise spirits and always grinning. Generally gets on with players as long as they fall into line.

Ivic said to be dour and has demeanour of an undertaker. Known as strict authoritarian and disciplinarian. Got sacked at Watford as generally disliked by players although results were good.

Last manager TP could not get players to play for him and adopt his style

Who would Chansiri go for when presented with such a choice.

Yes he would go for the  undertaker.

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not strictly true unless you know otherwise.

He could have applied for settled status in the UK while at Watford, in which case he's free to leave the UK for  a couple of years and still keep his work status in the UK.

Couldn't have applied for settled status but could of applied for pre settled status.  If agent was on the ball he may have done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Watford hire and fire all the time it's nothing new.

Point is you can't go on his stats when he's managed the top teams in poor divisions where the teams he's managed are always top 4

He is difficult to judge by no means i'm saying he's a bad or good manager but the stats presented are skewed, it's like going to Celtic or Rangers it's virtually impossible to leave with a poor record.

We can't afford to gamble on a unknown quality he's had 20 games at this level.
It's a high risk appointment at this stage of the season and it's another one that's been in Watford circles.

Sooner we cut these dodgy little advisors and boxing promoters off the better, unfortunately we know it's never going to happen.

Wouldnt be my choice, and I agree it can’t just be stats based but by the same token we can’t point to Watford and use that against him and discredit his entire cv.

When I heard we were getting Carlos Carvalhal in who had about 14 clubs and hadn’t worked for a while other than in UAE then I was scratching my head. But when I heard him talk I could see why he had impressed.

Barnsley have kissed a few frogs with mixed results. Must be something about the obscure ones who do well enough to get a job.

• Like 1