Vladimir Ivić

51 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

He’s now bookies favourite at 4/9....

It’s like we go in circles of managerial appointments, it’s either a ‘tried and tested’ old school English steward of The Football League or a complete lottery pick European chap nobody saw coming. 

This move looks very desperate, only joined Watford at the start of the year and has under achieved with a very strong squad. He also fell out with the club captain and fans favourite Deeney. Surely there are better options available? PAUL COOK FFS. 

Is Deeney still a fan favourite? I've seen while looking at Ivić, that a lot think him and others have too much power etc.

27 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I looks like he's employed, and we'd never get him in a million years.

He's a DoF lol

Ivić and Ivić double team then haha.

Edited by Incognito Owl

19 minutes ago, Alan said:

Has it occurred to anything that maybe there is something rotten in the Watford player camp? And they could have let him down? His methods didnt seem to hamper him in his other jobs? 

He wouldn't be my pick, but it's amazing how knowledgeable some of you think you are about Watford. 

Exactly, I had no idea the athletic had so many Watford reporters based in and around sheffield.  Incredible insight from our fans into Watford FC. No whiff of any lazy Google searches and ill informed opinions around this forum whatsoever 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Some good points. If that's the choice Chansiri has made, that's who we have for the next few months.

I think it will be difficult to buy into any sort of long term tenure beyond the end of the season. I don't think his character suits the squad or meets the attributes stated by Chansiri. Which is the cause of my reluctance.

Been reported by a few, Nixon amongst others the relationship between a certain advisor and the owner's of Watford. That doesn't sit easy with me, Watford will usually have a financial outlay as part of his severance package until he gets a new job, now being recommend to us, despite not meeting the person specification inferred by Chansiri, it just seems a bit murky.

I'm not as against him as I was Pulis, just think it's a bit of a waste of time appointment. Just re watched the game vs Watford earlier this season, not much to get excited about there, especially considering the players he had at his disposal. But as you say he does have a decent points per game ratio. 

Was the Watford squad that fantastic that day? It was missing Deeney, Gray, Sarr, Capoue, Hughes and some others, all out injured at the start of the season.  Murray hasn’t really done much this season, feels like a player at his age on his way down hill. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alan said:

Has it occurred to anything that maybe there is something rotten in the Watford player camp? And they could have let him down? His methods didnt seem to hamper him in his other jobs? 

He wouldn't be my pick, but it's amazing how knowledgeable some of you think you are about Watford. 

Isn’t the point about comparing CV / Suitability rather than trying to belittle some supporters on what they do or don’t know about Watford. A manager who has won 3 titles in English football , managed in the championship , wants the job , seems generally well regarded Vs a manager who has done brilliantly in Greece and Israel with a question mark over his playing style and management style. 
Would you take the risk on Ivic given the current status of SWFC ? For the record, I would not, if it were my decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Was the Watford squad that fantastic that day? It was missing Deeney, Gray, Sarr, Capoue, Hughes and some others, all out injured at the start of the season.  Murray hasn’t really done much this season, feels like a player at his age on his way down hill. 

Not their best, but still had some quality. 

Was more interested in how they set up, first half very pragmatic 541 sitting deep. Second half they put more bodies forward and caused us problems. 

He seems another who chops and changes formation depending on the opposition. I'd rather we mastered a way of playing and created an identity rather than constantly being reactive to the opposition. We've tried that for years under various managers and it doesn't work.

But, to give him his dues he got some good results, but that perhaps doesn't tell the whole story, otherwise he wouldn't have been sacked. 

I just keep coming back to Chansiri's stated focus on player mentality and attacking football and struggle to see how Ivic meets that criteria.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep we need some one that knows the EFL. We've got 23 cup finals coming up to save our place in the championship and to bring in a foreign manager who doesn't know anything about us or our players would be foolish. He could take many games to settle in and implement his ideas.

We also need someone to identify players we could sign from leagues 1 and 2 either in this window or in the summer when we rebuild.

IMO Cook is the safest bet for us.

We’ve had managers that know the league.  Monk and Pulis, remember them. I think too much is made of knowing the league. There are plenty of examples of managers coming into English football without experience of our leagues and being very success.

What matters is can he bring a winning style of football to S6. I remain open minded but having read some of the earlier posts by people who have taken the trouble to search out his background I am not writing him off

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Yep. I got a notification saying it had been moved to Dressing Room. Followed immediately by one saying it had been deleted. 

Thanks and thanks for the thread though haha, it was good while it lasted. I was just about to post that I would add more tomorrow as well.

rawtenor.gif 

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Didn't Nixon also say the other day that Andre Green wasn't a done deal yet a few hours later he was all signed a posing for pics at the stadium? 

Yep, not the fountain of all knowledge, but usually has a good hit rate, especially on the manager side of things

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Just have to sneak them in somewhere else. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Haha got you Neil or whoever.lolSorry to the people coming for the spicy content.

I'll post some spicy one's hehe.WTF: