Vladimir Ivić

23 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Again I post these. I posted them again some pages a go with people not knowing about him, but don't know if the majority of people saw them with the amount of posts being posted. I posted them originally in this thread when I researched Ivić. Please read them and the links if you haven't and see what you think, most of them are positive. I didn't want to research some negatives at Watford i.e. the player power saga. As I didn't think Ivić was to blame, as Watford fans have stated.   

A dour negative manager is the last thing we need. 

35 minutes ago, Brian said:

For the love of god, try harder!  😜   I've been doing my best to convince myself to be optimistic!

I'm trying. The only positive so far is he had some success in Mickey Mouse leagues with teams expected to win something. 

Just looks another in the mould of Jos, Monk...we do have a type (or our advisor who compiles the shortlist and makes recommendations does) despite Chansiri publically setting out contradictory attributes he wanted in a manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

That's not what the Watford fans are saying 

He plays one dimensional football with the objective of not to concede. 

The players didn’t take to him due to his methods and then started a revolt. 

In our postion we need somebody with a bit of personality and charisma to get us out of this mess whilst playing in your face attacking football. Ivic is not the guy to bring in half way through a season when your in a relegation battle. 

25 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder how George Graham would be viewed these days..  sometimes organised and well drilled can be effective 

That’s the problem. The world and player power has moved on. I personally think it’s wrong, but I don’t think he would survive today in the top divisions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

If (if) appointed he would instantly spilt the fans with some people waiting for every defeat to say I told you so. 

I think Captain Blame is some sort of masochistic when it comes to managerial appointments.

Let's be honest it's  because he's Johnny Foreigner 

Just now, Pieman said:

That’s the problem. The world and player power has moved on. I personally think it’s wrong, but I don’t think he would survive today in the top divisions.

Fair point,  it will be interesting if he can be a success in the championship.  Leading an under strengthed Watford team to 5th after the disappointment of relegation isn’t too bad really.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

A dour negative manager is the last thing we need. 

I agree, but it's the type we keep appointing. 

When Chansiri let's the same advisor who recommended Jos, Monk and Pulis control the recruitment process, that's what we'll get. 

It just makes Chansiri look even more incompetent when he publically talks about style considerations, playing more forwards, attacking football etc when recruiting a manager.

• Thanks 1

Just now, striker said:

I agree, but it's the type we keep appointing. 

When Chansiri let's the same advisor who recommended Jos, Monk and Pulis control the recruitment process, that's what we'll get. 

It just makes Chansiri look even more incompetent when he publically talks about style considerations, playing more forwards, attacking football etc when recruiting a manager.

Precisiely. He kept saying in his presser that he hates negative managers. ‘I told Steve Bruce I don’t want to appoint you due to your style of play’

He then appoints Pulis and a month later;

’he was sacked as he plays negative one up front football’ 

He really has no clue and goes on the recommendations of his mates/advisors. 

20 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wonder how George Graham would be viewed these days..  sometimes organised and well drilled can be effective 

Yeah I remember seeing someone post early that Watford fans said he made them hard to beat and were happy with it. I try and remain positive on managers before we appoint them, then give them time and moan about things if needed then haha. You can only go on Ivić on what he's done really. I'm sure Watford fans were in worst situation than us looking at him, probably not with how Watford works and most do well anyway. I'm sure if he stayed with Watford and got them promoted, everyone would be raving about him and wouldn't care about his past record. All managers are a risk, some with higher records fail, some don't. Same with managers like Ivić. Maybe I'm too optimistic on these things, but if Chansiri "risks" it on him and it works then all this will be forgotten about. I would like Cook too (more than others), but if Chansiri doesn't appoint him, I wouldn't be crying about it. I would move on with the new manager, as we don't really affect the decision anyway.  

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Let's be honest it's  because he's Johnny Foreigner 

I don't think so, if he had a track record of attaciing football perceptions would be different.

I think fans have had who enough of dogshit negative 5+ at the back football and want some entertainment.

The point of this process was to find someone who can be entertaining and effective. I don't think this chap fits the bill irrespective of nationality.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Not sure, weren't they 5th when sacked?

Yes, this is why it came as a shock to everybody outside of Watford.

Apparently the training was s**t with constant running and SGT Major mentality. If the players don’t like the manager are they going to play for him? 

They are 5th because they have the best squad in the league by a mile. Mid November onwards the players had finished with him. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I don't think its "Johnny Foreigner"  or owt else....I think its a total lack of confidence in Chansiri being able to pick a bloody manager

He only picks from what's put in front of him based on recommendation from his advisor. 

Ultimately it's Chansiri's fault for handing over control to an advisor, proven to be incompetent after Jos, Monk, Pulis not to mention bringing in players like Abdi, for example.

If the only choices Chansiri is given to choose from is a kick in the nuts or a punch in the nuts it's not going to be a successful choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s now bookies favourite at 4/9....

It’s like we go in circles of managerial appointments, it’s either a ‘tried and tested’ old school English steward of The Football League or a complete lottery pick European chap nobody saw coming. 

This move looks very desperate, only joined Watford at the start of the year and has under achieved with a very strong squad. He also fell out with the club captain and fans favourite Deeney. Surely there are better options available? PAUL COOK FFS. 

• Like 2