SWFC Supporters' Trust Reports on Ticketing and Refunds

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No need for analogies, just answer the simple question - are the club justified in charging us the most expensive prices in the division? Yes o No?

Bear in mind we have been informed our money covers nothing and other clubs are successful and don't fall into points deductions yet manage to charge less, pay refunds and offer better incentives and refunds than us on 2020/21 tickets that haven't been used.

Did that lot up the road feel justified paying the same prices as us well before we were?

Did we feel justified paying these prices watching the squad we’d assembled reaching the play offs twice?

Now because it’s turned to crap you’re questioning the validity of the pricing whilst we’re still paying for the privilege.

From next season our financial worries should be over. We can go back to no investment in the squad, low wage bills and no increase in attendances but everything will be fine because tickets are cheap.

6 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Did that lot up the road feel justified paying the same prices as us well before we were?

Did we feel justified paying these prices watching the squad we’d assembled reaching the play offs twice?

Now because it’s turned to crap you’re questioning the validity of the pricing whilst we’re still paying for the privilege.

From next season our financial worries should be over. We can go back to no investment in the squad, low wage bills and no increase in attendances but everything will be fine because tickets are cheap.

4 seasons after 2 seasons of the play-offs we are still paying for the privilege?! 

Yes, I do have a problem with that is it amounts to inept financial planning. 

Again, we have been told our money covers nothing so no need for us to be paying the most on this basis either. 

I don't expect us to win when we are paying the most but if we are paying the most I expect us to be relatively competitive on that basis and I don't feel paying the most expensive prices for 6 years for a 2 year play-off campaign is justified.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I didnt think prices were justified when we got to play offs, in fact I thought they stank.

Felt like we were being exploited for our loyalty.

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I didnt think prices were justified when we got to play offs, in fact I thought they stank.

Especially as they were at his own admission partly designed to deter away fans. Which is a terrible thing for any football lover to consider without the fact that it could have the same effect on low income home fans. I can afford a ST but if I couldn’t I’d hardly ever go 

He wasn’t talking about milking them. He actually mentioned deterring them. 

Guest Mcguigan
4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Felt like we were being exploited for our loyalty.

25,000 collectively exploited.

People knock DC, he must be an evil genius.

Guest Grandad
Just now, Mcguigan said:

25,000 collectively exploited.

People knock DC, he must be an evil genius.

I don't blame the Chairman so much as those fans who think it's great what he does to our less well off fans

I wonder if Covid will lead to a rethink on getting the stadium full once fans are allowed back in?

I would really like a fuller stadium even if the total revenue from tickets is the same (ie more people paying less). 
The extra wear and tear you get on the stadium is more than offset by extra sales of drinks, food etc. 
It’s also good for all of the businesses who make a living from Matchdays (food and drink/ scarves etc). 
I also can’t get my head around the corp hospitality pricing. My family used to use corporate hospitality most years. It was great for dads Birthday. He’d have all 5 grandsons there and we had a great time! We also used to have the Pie and Pint in the Sherriden suite before it became the Tap. Better to get a bit more cash off people for giving them something of a bit more value rather than just same old crap for more money?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Will be 12,000 soon.

I don't know - Covid could work one of two ways.     People may have got out of the habit of going to games and we see far far less attendance then people realise - or, the exact opposite may be true.

I have no clue which will be the case - I suppose possibly a third option, not much sway in either direction.

I think initially there may be a swell.    It would be a shrewd person who made the most of that - but I don't think I can accuse Mr Chansiri of being shrewd thus far.

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Our best hope of a full stadium is to build a smaller one

Building a new one is a very expensive option. Just knock down the West Stand and give half the South to opposition fans and then the stadium is full! Easy peasy!

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Building a new one is a very expensive option. Just knock down the West Stand and give half the South to opposition fans and then the stadium is full! Easy peasy!

Be easier to get out as well

5 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

You sure?

We’ve got between 20k and 25k home fans willing to attend regularly, depending on form and league position.

How we maximise revenue from these supporters is more important than trying to attract a fan base with cheap tickets, that just isn’t there.

Thats an aging fan base,where do you imagine the next generation of die hard Wednesday supporters are going to come from??....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Do you know when you buy a new sofa over four years, it doesn’t cost less per month in repayments the older it gets.

It costs the same every month until you’ve paid for it in full. We haven’t quite done that yet but we’re almost there.

But if you buy a brand new BMW and, trade it in after 2 years against another new vehicle, chances are, you can have a new shiny motor and, keep your monthly’s approximately the same.

You’ve just proven the Trust’s and, many other fans point, the financial mismanagement of this club has been pathetic. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And still they defend Chansiri. Risible. 

I don't see anyone defending him, think all agree he's made a bollloxe of it.

More the point, plan A went apshyte and now some think it's not fair we pay top prices...while when the future looked bright many didn't give a foook how much it cost...more season ticket holders than any time in our history.

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thats an aging fan base,where do you imagine the next generation of die hard Wednesday supporters are going to come from??....

Ha, not that old chestnut we have been crap for the vast majority of our history, so have the pigs...support stays the same.