SWFC Supporters' Trust Reports on Ticketing and Refunds

31 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Its an interesting read but it'd be better if it were stripped of the commentary that makes it sounds like an opinion piece with a clear bias. Let the facts speak for themselves and people form their own opinions rather than pushing an agenda in what should be a factual statement.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why does stating they are ready to engage with the club undermine the final message? 

Why is there a need to pick insignificant holes in a significant piece of research that the trust have put to the club?

Stating they're ready to engage with the club is the final message, the choice of language prior to that is what undermines this.

You can write a fantastic analysis, full of evidence but if you use aggressive / provocative language the message is lost, which is why my original comment stated it was an interesting piece which would be better left with the facts speaking for themselves. The commentary, particularly the choice of language in parts is unnecessary.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Its an interesting read but it'd be better if it were stripped of the commentary that makes it sounds like an opinion piece with a clear bias. Let the facts speak for themselves and people form their own opinions rather than pushing an agenda in what should be a factual statement.

Yes, should have made clearer that these were the opinion pieces to go with the research.

Blogs are here: https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/blog

Reports are here: https://www.swfctrust.co.uk/reports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless it’s based on information discussed with/told to them by the club in recent discussions 

Did you not see the £ numbers I posted?

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I stand to be corrected but never known Wednesday to bring prices down.  Can't see that changing anytime soon.  When I bought a ticket it never gave any promises about which league we would end up in, I could have had two years in the Prem at the same price just my bleeding luck, I could have one season in League 1.  

I agree I don't think there will have been many seasons when prices have reduced and also agree a season ticket carries no guarantee of success or good football.

However, ticket prices have rarely increased as much as they did under the current regime and when the club conducts an official survey asking supporters whether they prefer the same price structure with the same level of spending on the team or a cheaper approach and they then follow the first option, that should carry with it an expectation that the club won't stop buying players, suffer embargos and points deductions and end up with a skeleton of the team they had when the results of this survey were announced.   

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Salesman patter we fall for it every day

What do you do when you feel like you have been duped by a salesman? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree I don't think there will have been many seasons when prices have reduced and also agree a season ticket carries no guarantee of success or good football.

However, ticket prices have rarely increased as much as they did under the current regime and when the club conducts an official survey asking supporters whether they prefer the same price structure with the same level of spending on the team or a cheaper approach and they then follow the first option, that should carry with it an expectation that the club won't stop buying players, suffer embargos and points deductions and end up with a skeleton of the team they had when the results of this survey were announced.   

Surveys etc are a snap shot of that particular time but the world moves on especially the business world and businesses have to adapt to changing circumstances. 

If we stay up by some miracle and next season we actually challenge for the play offs (Highly unlikely I agree) all this will be forgotten about till we stall again.

I personally asked for my 19/20 rebate to be used to buy goods from the shop. i am lucky enough to be able to roll the 20/21 money to roll over to the 21/22 season. 

However the supporters who are in need of a refund because of there own financial circumstances should be prioritised for refunds immediately. 

I would hope the individuals concerned could if need be assisted by the Trust, it would be a good use of time and be helpful in mutual dialogue . 

13 minutes ago, dowls said:

Will you be praising their sale of St Andrews ? 

No, it will be offered as an example of how one club (in not too dissimilar circumstances to SWFC) has succeeded in raising attendances and income over a period of several years. It will explain how this was done, and offer some suggestions that SWFC could take on board. 

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Do you have the stats to hand in the attendances when SWFC offer reduced ticket prices and how they stack up against the normal match day prices?

Aye, a wet midweek game against Reading is a great barometer.

23 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Well unless we've had 6 years of dodgy auditors on the accounts, I can tell you our matchday and associated income hasn't plummeted as you advise. 

I'd withhold that bit of the statement from the club if I were you. 

Here's the full response from the Trust. 

Since Mr. Chansiri took over matchday and broadcast revenue has been brought together into one entry in the company accounts. To find out the true state of matchday and associated revenue at SWFC, and compare it with the figure provided for matchday and associated revenue at Nottingham Forest, you would need to strip broadcasting and EFL revenue from the SWFC figure for matchday income in the company accounts. As the company accounts are not as detailed as they used to be we acknowledge that determining the true state of matchday and associated revenue at Hillsborough is difficult. For that reason, we've used best guess estimates for matchday and associated revenue from reputable alternative sources (please see our report for references), and an accountant has made projections accordingly for 18/19 and 19/20 where the accounts are not currently available. We stand by those figures as the best available in the context of the lack of detail in the SWFC company accounts, and our conclusion that they are starting to plummet when judged against Mr. Chansiri's early reign. We discuss all of this in the text of the report. Finally, the club has seen our report, complimented us on its quality, and did not make any complaints about the figures we have quoted or their veracity. If they had of done so we would have amended our report accordingly.

• Like 1