Gotta get it right

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

Ay up.

I'm not usually right bothered about the manager comings and goings. Coz they do don't they. Come and go.  There's nowt I can do about it

Just hope they click.

But this one. This one it's left me with me guts feeling like they do when I've eaten sausages. All stabby pains and upset. 

Don't seem to have the same problem wi bacon. 

Anyroad, me point is, me guts feel bad here. 

We've got to get this managerial appointment right. Honestly, more than anytime in our history I feel like this is the one that's got to be 100% spot on.

Not just coz we need someone to keep us up. That's only part of it.

Nah, we need someone now to galvanise the whole club. Someone that the fans can get behind. Someone who can get us on board, someone who can get a connection with us.  

I'm not sayin it has to be a fan or owt they could be from bloody Timbuktu really. But it's gotta be someone who can get us going again.

Get sumat from this squad. Give us sumat to think, "Wey, I can see what he's tryna do. I can see he's got a plan."

I dunno really what I'm on about. But I just have a bad feeling like I'm King Edmund sat on the bog and I just hope us next manager is like some medicated izil and not somebody liggin about in the latrine ready to stick a pike up me starfish. 

We've really got to get this one right.

We could get Pep, Jose, Sir Alex, Klopp but they all have to work under the fool in charge.

Nothing will change hopefully, the issue of Covid means he sells up to someone competent to run a bath let alone a football club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

Of his 5 appointments, only 2 have been any good and Carlos lost his gonads after the first season, whilst Bruce jumped ship when he fully saw the inner workings of the club.

I doubt any experienced manager will come, unless like Pulis, he sees it as a decent last payday. That leaves up and coming managers who want a (real) challenge, or some foreign bloke who probably knows as much about Wednesday as an Amazonian tribesman.

Err, I think Bruce left to manage his boyhood club in the Premier League. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We could get Pep, Jose, Sir Alex, Klopp but they all have to work under the fool in charge.

Nothing will change hopefully, the issue of Covid means he sells up to someone competent to run a bath let alone a football club.

Aye well, mebbe so.  Don't see it happening anytime soon though. So at minute we just need somebody bubbly and keen to come in and get a tune out of these players. 

There'll be someone can do it. 

Mind...finding em....

• Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Just now, Errol Flashman said:

Aye well, mebbe so.  Don't see it happening anytime soon though. So at minute we just need somebody bubbly and keen to come in and get a tune out of these players. 

There'll be someone can do it. 

Mind...finding em....

No one sane so probably Gregory (former Derby manager) or Martin Allen 😁😂😱

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

Ay up.

I'm not usually right bothered about the manager comings and goings. Coz they do don't they. Come and go.  There's nowt I can do about it

Just hope they click.

But this one. This one it's left me with me guts feeling like they do when I've eaten sausages. All stabby pains and upset. 

We've got to get this managerial appointment right. Honestly, more than anytime in our history I feel like this is the one that's got to be 100% spot on.

Nah, we need someone now to galvanise the whole club. Someone that the fans can get behind. Someone who can get us on board, someone who can get a connection with us.  

I'm not sayin it has to be a fan or owt they could be from bloody Timbuktu really. But it's gotta be someone who can get us going again.

Get sumat from this squad. Give us sumat to think, "Wey, I can see what he's tryna do. I can see he's got a plan."

I dunno really what I'm on about. But I just have a bad feeling like I'm King Edmund sat on the bog and I just hope us next manager is like some medicated izil and not somebody liggin about in the latrine ready to stick a pike up me starfish. 

The trouble is that those in the running will be out of work (usually the sack from previous club), so I'm just hoping that there's a Bielsa out there, not a previous reject.  But beggars can't be choosers.  Good luck DC, with the appointment.... 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Agree

It's like giving the best cyclist in the word a bike with no gears and expecting him to win the Tour De Yorkshire

3 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

The trouble is that those in the running will be out of work (usually the sack from previous club), so I'm just hoping that there's a Bielsa out there, not a previous reject.  But beggars can't be choosers.  Good luck DC, with the appointment.... 

Like I said, I wouldn't mind the old Blackpool geezer. He's a positive sort of bloke. I think that's half the job working with these players. 

Needs someone to get in there and put smiles on their faces. ...and ours.

Yer need a lot of luck n'all with any appointment of course. 

But we can help us sens by getting the right sort of personality. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

36 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

King of England!

Admittedly only for 7 months!

He were Hovis by the time he were in his mid 20's.

Had a lot of trouble with old ******** and the other Danes. 

Can't belive King C'nut is in the swear filter.

FFS

• Like 1

Only DC knows what’s available for any new manager. Hopefully he’s willing to allow them to be active in the transfer market. I don’t mean stupidly but there’s a difference to being ‘active’ in the transfer market and the opposite only being able to spend the likes of money on players like Windass and Paterson who weren’t wanted at their other clubs or Pelupessy because that’s all

the money available.

Any new manager will want to add his stamp to a team and can’t just pick up the pieces and use players left over from different regimes. It just doesn’t work like that. If they aren’t able to add or build then you may as well just appoint a firefighting manager in the likes of Holloway or just let Thompson continue until the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, El Toro said:

can’t just pick up the pieces and use players left over from different regimes. It just doesn’t work like that.

Mebbe not, but I suspect that's what they're gonna have to do by and large. 

That reason I think we need a bubbly character who can get this lot onside and playing to best of their ability. 

That still ain't great.  But they're good enough to stay up if someone can  get em going. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Mebbe not, but I suspect that's what they're gonna have to do by and large. 

That reason I think we need a bubbly character who can get this lot onside and playing to best of their ability. 

That still ain't great.  But they're good enough to stay up if someone can  get em going. 

This is probably true, and that’s why I favour a coach who can work with, and improve the players As I see it, that type of coach is not usually someone who will instantly “galvanise” the fan base. That is normally a gradual process. Certainly I’m wary of chest beating managers like Pulis and Megson, who play to the audience with rhetoric, but little substance when it comes to improving players

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

Ay up.

Just hope they click.

Not a big sausage fan, unless they're proper sausages made with love and preferably real meat, Belgium must rank very low in the European sausage making league, they make shocking bangers.

anyways........I couldn't agree with you more on the managerial thingy, we need someone charismatic to get us believing again,  dare I say it, someone like Carlos....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is probably true, and that’s why I favour a coach who can work with, and improve the players As I see it, that type of coach is not usually someone who will instantly “galvanise” the fan base. That is normally a gradual process. Certainly I’m wary of chest beating managers like Pulis and Megson, who play to the audience with rhetoric, but little substance when it comes to improving players

I don't even think they have to be a great coach or tactician.

Players are human aren't they. 

I've had two gaffers in me life who could walk in that dressing room tomorrow and make them lads feel like world beaters - and neither of em knows owt about football.

Aye, I mean you want em to know what theyre doing tacticslly and that. you need that obviously but we're in the middle of the storm right now.  Game to game starting tomorrow.

See I look at somebody like Izzy Brown. 

He's a good footballer. But he looks like a lost boy at minute. 

A man manager, someone who understands  people as much as the game would get in there and "You're a bloody reight player you son,  get out there and express yersen and show everybody"

God's honest. Just that will difference to some players.

Psychology of the human mind int it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1