Gotta get it right

9 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Don't confuse em just tell to put ball int net more than the opposition!😂

No visualise putting the ball in the net so that the mind takes over...all the pro golfers use this method...stops them thinking about the outcome rather than the process

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No visualise putting the ball in the net so that the mind takes over...all the pro golfers use this method...stops them thinking about the outcome rather than the process

I once tried this after reading a book by a bloke called Willi Railo. 

But me imagination is reight furtive and I ended up doing reverse of what I was trying to. Kept having nightmares about a one on one and the keeper kept growing till he nearly filled the net and the ball were like it were helium filled. Exact opposite of what I were trying! 

Few year later I'm running a team. Got a kid  midfielder,  I'm having to play up front coz were short on options. 

So I dig me book back out and thought I might try it on him instead.

Then I remembered how it can go wrong!

So I ditched the book. 

He kept saying "I ant even got a good shot , I'm a midfielder"

So I just said "Aye, best passer of a ball int club. So when you get near box just pass it reight hard into the corner."

And he did. 

Now admittedly there's a world of difference between lads I had and lads our new gaffer is gonna inherit. 

But it's like I said before int it.

They're humans not robots. Someone gets in their heads right and we've got enough for em to get results and avoid the drop.

• Love 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I've seen enough from us defensively against the better teams in this division to know we are more than capable of keeping clean sheets. The last ten minute lapses are mostly mental ones and that can be taught. Where we are lacking is up front and we need pace both for pressing and counter attacking and there must be some Premier teams with fit talented youngsters that can provide us with that and todays young players have a lot of mental coaching especially from the big clubs. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I've seen enough from us defensively against the better teams in this division to know we are more than capable of keeping clean sheets. The last ten minute lapses are mostly mental ones and that can be taught. Where we are lacking is up front and we need pace both for pressing and counter attacking and there must be some Premier teams with fit talented youngsters that can provide us with that and todays young players have a lot of mental coaching especially from the big clubs. 

They're out there. 

Look at job Tammy Abraham did for Bristol City other year. 

Sort we should have been after on loan instead of spunkin buckets of 30 year old a on massive wedge 

*Slaps sen in face "Focus on positive Errol" *

Aye, I agree . Lees is looking more like his old sen. Dunkeld looks like the right sort of bloke.

It can be done with right appointment

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

It’s very clear we are stuck with Chansiri  for the foreseeable future so we just have to pray he hires someone good, that will inspire the players and fans. And who will be happy to work within the chairman’s special parameters.  

I can accept we have financial issues but sadly until things improve on the pitch, no one is going to want to come to Chansiri’s rescue.  So he needs to find a special manager now 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

If we get a result Friday would it not be best thing to leave it with Thompson and bullpen short term

As long as they're getting results it gives him time to make sure we can see everyone who's interested and not making it a rush job.

Mind...There might not be a reight long queue forming! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A12owl said:

Whoever gets the job has to phone DC every week to give him a report. It would be much easier if DC was in the UK and the manager could have a socially distanced meeting. 

I'm sure he'll be back when Covids  over.

Rowing wi managers in person!

• Like 1

DC and his mate just don't seem to do due diligence where appointing Managers is concerned.

Clown Carlos had a record of a club every year. Jos had the CV of a pub team Manager. Monk went down the toilet at every club he had. The less said about Pullis the better.

It's a tough ask now to get anyone decent who'll tolerate DC's shenanigans.

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

After today I don’t think we have another league game for over 2 weeks. Hopefully enough time to get the right man in. Worried who Chansiri is going to be advised to get in though. 

Yeah it could be like when Jos came in when he watched the FA Cup match away at Carlisle I think and had a week or so for the pigs match. I'm feeling positive about it though.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

After today I don’t think we have another league game for over 2 weeks. Hopefully enough time to get the right man in. Worried who Chansiri is going to be advised to get in though. 

Yes it’s not ideal but it’s clear from what Chansiri said that the most important thing now is for him to find someone that HE likes and respects and wants to work with. Otherwise we are going to be in this Groundhog Day for a long time.  
It seems the only manager he has liked and respected is Carlos, so if it has to be another obscure foreign manager like him then so be it.  

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes it’s not ideal but it’s clear from what Chansiri said that the most important thing now is for him to find someone that HE likes and respects and wants to work with. Otherwise we are going to be in this Groundhog Day for a long time.  
It seems the only manager he has liked and respected is Carlos, so if it has to be another obscure foreign manager like him then so be it.  

It’s a worry though that the transfer window opens tomorrow and we haven’t a manager to assess the squad and decide what players he wants and needs. We need players in ASAP, can’t wait until the end of the window, to many points to play for. 

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s a worry though that the transfer window opens tomorrow and we haven’t a manager to assess the squad and decide what players he wants and needs. We need players in ASAP, can’t wait until the end of the window, to many points to play for. 

Yes but as the airborne rat just said, it’s also clear that it’s Chansiri and his advisors that are choosing which players to sign as offers have gone in. 
Ironically the only time we had some success under Chansiri was during Carlos’ time when players were signed for him, but he managed to coach them to win matches.  We will have to hope for the same again otherwise there will always be fall outs and bad press and bad football results whilst we are in the Chansiri era 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes but as the airborne rat just said, it’s also clear that it’s Chansiri and his advisors that are choosing which players to sign as offers have gone in. 
Ironically the only time we had some success under Chansiri was during Carlos’ time when players were signed for him, but he managed to coach them to win matches.  We will have to hope for the same again otherwise there will always be fall outs and bad press and bad football results whilst we are in the Chansiri era 

Wolves seem to manage it ok...mind you he's a top coach with a clear plan

• Like 2
  • Haha 2