Gotta get it right

Ay up.

I'm not usually right bothered about the manager comings and goings. Coz they do don't they. Come and go.  There's nowt I can do about it

Just hope they click.

But this one. This one it's left me with me guts feeling like they do when I've eaten sausages. All stabby pains and upset. 

Don't seem to have the same problem wi bacon. 

Anyroad, me point is, me guts feel bad here. 

We've got to get this managerial appointment right. Honestly, more than anytime in our history I feel like this is the one that's got to be 100% spot on.

Not just coz we need someone to keep us up. That's only part of it.

Nah, we need someone now to galvanise the whole club. Someone that the fans can get behind. Someone who can get us on board, someone who can get a connection with us.  

I'm not sayin it has to be a fan or owt they could be from bloody Timbuktu really. But it's gotta be someone who can get us going again.

Get sumat from this squad. Give us sumat to think, "Wey, I can see what he's tryna do. I can see he's got a plan."

I dunno really what I'm on about. But I just have a bad feeling like I'm King Edmund sat on the bog and I just hope us next manager is like some medicated izil and not somebody liggin about in the latrine ready to stick a pike up me starfish. 

We've really got to get this one right.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, Errol Flashman said:

This one it's left me with me guts feeling like they do when I've eaten sausages. All stabby pains and upset. 

Honestly mate. I’d give em up if they make you feel like that!

As to the manager. Yes. Getting it right would be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Honestly mate. I’d give em up if they make you feel like that!

As to the manager. Yes. Getting it right would be helpful.

Aye, I love em though. 

Once had some venison sausages for me boxing day fryup. 

Pure muscle them bad boys. I had to use a steak knife!

Didn't get bad guts , pure meat int it. 

Mind, bit rich for my tastes.  It must be all the other stuff in them cheap pappy ones that play havoc. But they're the ones I like. 

As for manager. I dunno.

I just want someone who we can think "Yeah, we can get behind this bloke and his ideas and personality" , coz that matters too. Probably shouldn't, but it does. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

Aye, I love em though. 

Once had some venison sausages for me boxing day fryup. 

Pure muscle them bad boys. I had to use a steak knife!

Didn't get bad guts , pure meat int it. 

Mind, bit rich for my tastes.  It must be all the other stuff in them cheap pappy ones that play havoc. But they're the ones I like. 

As for manager. I dunno.

I just want someone who we can think "Yeah, we can get behind this bloke and his ideas and personality" , coz that matters too. Probably shouldn't, but it does. 

Maybe play Bonnie Tyler’s ‘Holding out for a Hero’ on loop at full blast outside Hillsborough to set the right mood?

• Haha 1

I wouldn't be averse ro that geezer who was at Blackpool.

He's a fruitcake but he'd fir right in.

And I suspect he's the type the players would want to play for...

....that's seems to be half the battle wih this lot. 

And we ain't gonna be buying anyone anytime soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Maybe play Bonnie Tyler’s ‘Holding out for a Hero’ on loop at full blast outside Hillsborough to set the right mood?

Don't mention play lists to me after Stevebooms new producer ditched our play book forever after weeks of work!!!

😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

But I just have a bad feeling like I'm King Edmund sat on the bog and I just hope us next manager is like some medicated izil and not somebody liggin about in the latrine ready to stick a pike up me starfish. 

I'm sure this wasn't the main point you were trying to make but just who is King Edmund?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I'm sure this wasn't the main point you were trying to make but just who is King Edmund?

King of England!

Admittedly only for 7 months!

He were Hovis by the time he were in his mid 20's.

Had a lot of trouble with old ******** and the other Danes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Chansiri says he’s got to get it right, I bloody hope he does and listens to the right advisors this time around. 👀 

He could ring me.

I waint charge him millions or ask to become a shareholder  for the privilege either! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

King of England!

Admittedly only for 7 months!

He were Hovis by the time he were in his mid 20's.

Had a lot of trouble with old ******** and the other Danes. 

Thanks, I'm a bit hazy on Anglo-Saxon monarch's. Googled him. Sounds a good lad though.

• Haha 1

Errol, apart from eating venison sausage, you are bang on the money. It does have to be a leader with a plan. Like Klopp when he took over Liverpool. Eddie Howe, when he took over Bournemouth. Like W***** when he took over the p***. 

The dilemma is the transfer window and our current position. We need to take our time. We need to appoint someone quickly. Both of those things at the same time. 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

Ay up.

I'm not usually right bothered about the manager comings and goings. Coz they do don't they. Come and go.  There's nowt I can do about it

Just hope they click.

But this one. This one it's left me with me guts feeling like they do when I've eaten sausages. All stabby pains and upset. 

Don't seem to have the same problem wi bacon. 

Anyroad, me point is, me guts feel bad here. 

We've got to get this managerial appointment right. Honestly, more than anytime in our history I feel like this is the one that's got to be 100% spot on.

Not just coz we need someone to keep us up. That's only part of it.

Nah, we need someone now to galvanise the whole club. Someone that the fans can get behind. Someone who can get us on board, someone who can get a connection with us.  

I'm not sayin it has to be a fan or owt they could be from bloody Timbuktu really. But it's gotta be someone who can get us going again.

Get sumat from this squad. Give us sumat to think, "Wey, I can see what he's tryna do. I can see he's got a plan."

I dunno really what I'm on about. But I just have a bad feeling like I'm King Edmund sat on the bog and I just hope us next manager is like some medicated izil and not somebody liggin about in the latrine ready to stick a pike up me starfish. 

We've really got to get this one right.

You're right of course, but I'm not holding my breath. It still baffles me to this day that chairman, not just ours, splash cash left, right and centre on everything other than a shìt hot manager. Weird.

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

You're right of course, but I'm not holding my breath. It still baffles me to this day that chairman, not just ours, splash cash left, right and centre on everything other than a shìt hot manager. Weird.

Tweeds managed it....

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Errol, apart from eating venison sausage, you are bang on the money. It does have to be a leader with a plan. Like Klopp when he took over Liverpool. Eddie Howe, when he took over Bournemouth. Like W***** when he took over the p***. 

The dilemma is the transfer window and our current position. We need to take our time. We need to appoint someone quickly. Both of those things at the same time. 😀

To be fair to Chansiri, he said one of the reasons Pulis got boot was coz they wanted new man in before transfer window. 

Hopefully that's so new man can wheel deal. 

But even then can't see there being much business done. 

We need someone to get a tune out of these lot we've got.

• Thanks 1

Of his 5 appointments, only 2 have been any good and Carlos lost his gonads after the first season, whilst Bruce jumped ship when he fully saw the inner workings of the club.

I doubt any experienced manager will come, unless like Pulis, he sees it as a decent last payday. That leaves up and coming managers who want a (real) challenge, or some foreign bloke who probably knows as much about Wednesday as an Amazonian tribesman.

• Like 1