Double Standards

We've a fairly big fanbase - we're obviously going to get our fair share of idiots - we're not a collective

No different to any other social media community

Two things that should be on Chansiri's mind

1. I should be reporting these mindless fools to the police

2. I should maybe question allowing my 12 year old public exposure on social media, during a highly emotive time

But nope

the approach our chairman takes is to whine about the few, to the many, on a public platform, making us all look like we're collectively attacking a child

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The assumption that Chansiri shouldn’t come out swinging when he’s defending his son yet when the same scenario is reflected back it’s a different story.

Also the fact we should be able to criticise Chansiri all we like yet if he comes back and explains why he feels it’s unfair the fan base melts like a pot of chocolate fannies.

So a double double standard if you like.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Explain?

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The assumption that Chansiri shouldn’t come out swinging when he’s defending his son yet when the same scenario is reflected back it’s a different story.

Also the fact we should be able to criticise Chansiri all we like yet if he comes back and explains why he feels it’s unfair the fan base melts like a pot of chocolate fannies.

Sorry, should have quoted

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

How is the same scenario being reflected back?

Do you think that it is right that a Chairman, Steward or Custodian comes out swinging emotionally at the very stakeholders he hopes will help keep the club afloat? Again shortly after accusing us of giving the club a bad reputation and bad publicity via social media?

Fans want leadership, pointing the finger, emotional statements is what is expected of us plebs, not our chief navigator.

Seriously, if you wanted to invest in a football club, what would put you off SWFC?

Some moaning fans, some who go below the belt?

or

An owner who is prone to a PR disaster every time he speaks?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If properly delivered, fans forums and media pressers are a great vehicle to build and inspire trust.

Instead at Hillsborough they are normally an unmitigated disaster.

If we were Tesla, our share prices would tumble after every single one!

As much as I hate to say it look at Leeds and their owners engagement with their supporters trust. Not rocket science and relatively simple to manage if done in the right way!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Any father would defend their child - but do this privately, through the authorities. He uses his annual public statement to say this but there's no detail of how many incidents there have been or if they are different people and how many or is it a handful of loons.

The fans criticising DC on here and elsewhere is simply part of the job/role and he just needs to accept that. Providing it's not personal, there's absolutely no issue in my eyes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

He says he will inform the police - just do it man.

Does he think constantly banging on about personal/family abuse on SM is doing any good, other than distraction tactics for him. Does he understand nothing about SM/nutters in the world and lack of moderation from the various platform companies - does watching the President of the United States' antics over the last 4 years not resonate with him on this subject?

I doubt DC was anywhere close to social media before joining the club. I bet the last 5 years have been an exhausting learning curve for someone who is clearly old fashioned and traditional 

6 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Just what abuse has is son had? Im not on the socials so havnt seen owt🤔

His lads only got Instagram from what I’ve seen and the public posts on his pictures are nothing special. Few people telling him to sack Monk at the time. Nothing about Pulis and nothing abusive.

Can only assume any abuse he’s had has been his Direct Messages. But DC has an Instagram account too so I’d imagine the same messages are being sent there too. 

I’m in no way doubting it, or the severity of it. But publicly there’s nothing I’ve seen directed at his lad that’s abusive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

I doubt DC was anywhere close to social media before joining the club. I bet the last 5 years have been an exhausting learning curve for someone who is clearly old fashioned and traditional 

All the more reason he should be contacting police and not threatening to do it

If it’s that bad (and I’m 100% sure it will be) then call the cops and move on 

Dont sit there saying it’s that bad but you’ve done nothing about it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Yes I sympathise with the cultural challenges he faces but that is not a good enough excuse for the top dog of such a massive business.

6 years is a long time and to show you have not learnt anything about owning a football club and the society or culture  it operates in

• Like 1