Double Standards

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Also depends what people class as ‘abuse’

Some think swearing is every day working mans language and others think saying Chansiri is incompetent is abuse 

Everyone has different interpretations 

We know its deplorable to abuse on the internet...We don't do it to each other do we?

it f.ookin' happens..sorry but its a feeble excuse..whats so special about chansiri?....We ALL get dogs abuse...the more contacts you have, the more famous you are...it comes with the territory, another startling piece of naivety.

Does he stop to think some of them may not actually be Owls fans...and the ones that are, are seriously not worth the bloody trouble.

Its gonna pan out as football fans abuse Chairmans family, the fact that he is foreign won't help, all this will reflect on the whole fanbase, 

We will be seen as a bunch of racist thugs, when in all honesty the only people in this whole farce worth a flyer are...The fans.

Fans who have stuck with this shambles of a club, year in, year out, home and away for far longer than it has EVER deserved.

"Customers!"..its as much on insult to Wednesday fans as most any other I can think of.

Chansiri knows this, and he no doubt knows how his statement will be held in a media that loves to turn verbiage into vitriol.

Thats gonna be his way out, leaving the fans as pariahs, and his own inadequacies lost in what really makes the headlines.

Look at his decisions, and they were HIS decisions...not ours

Rhodes

Abdi

Urby

.Jos, Monk, Pulis..

Train wrecks, car crashes and cakeball

Still...I'll hold me hands up...Some of my decisions ..as a fan, have been abysmal.....Ive kept trotting down to the place.

had i not..and had thousands of others not,,,We wouldn't have this problem would we?

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2

There's a bit I didn't understand. 

He was gonna let Pulis leave by mutual agreement...Coz it would be better for Pulis...

...but Pulis were gonna knock so Chansiri sacked him.

Eh?!

Surely being sacked is better for Pulis. ...massive pay off and he's nearing retirement anyway so he won't care about being sacked being in his CV 

Have I missed sumat? 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Yep, but a proportion of those 99.999% still use inflammatory language when talking about a man who honestly doesn’t seem all that bad - not Putin bad, or CIA bad. Just naive and stubborn. Not a “cancer” or “evil”. Incompetent, maybe, but an “idiot”?

Look out - that 0.001% are reading this and thinking it’s ok to behave like this.

I'm really sorry but as the Public face of a business you have no choice but to roll with being called a cretin, cancer or evil in today's world. Not arguing that it is right, it is unfortunate.

We've probably done this to death now between us so I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But again I have to point out that we've only heard one side of the story

So are you in agreement that we shouldn't just take one side as gospel and should wait for Pulis' side of events before jumping to any conclusions?

My point is, That people on here have been quick to jump to conclusions after Pulis interviews, without giving the chairman the right of reply. Yet the chairman makes a statement and hold on we need to hear Pulis version. Why would Chansiri lie, it’s already going cost him a fortune to pay off Pulis who can retire a couple of million quid richer ( going on what Alan Biggs said ).

Pulis has every right to reply, but his track record on integrity isn’t that good let’s be honest. Personally I will back the chairman’s decision on this one despite his other failings. 

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

WHy do people not understand that you can't completely remove the idiots. If you are in the public eye you are going to always get lunatics. That is social media's fault, not our collective as fans

Bang on the money Neg. It is an abhorrent slur on our society, but it is here to stay. I remember watching points of view on the telly in bewilderment and wondering why people didn’t get off their fat arses and switch over. Don’t get wound up, don’t write a letter, just bloody watch something else. Life is too short people....

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

My point is, That people on here have been quick to jump to conclusions after Pulis interviews, without giving the chairman the right of reply. Yet the chairman makes a statement and hold on we need to hear Pulis version. Why would Chansiri lie, it’s already going cost him a fortune to pay off Pulis who can retire a couple of million quid richer ( going on what Alan Biggs said ).

Pulis has every right to reply, but his track record on integrity isn’t that good let’s be honest. Personally I will back the chairman’s decision on this one despite his other failings. 

Why would Pulis lie though?

He’s had his career. Chansiri stands to lose a lot more from telling the truth than Pulis does.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I think most rational people would agree with you. However, I used 'fool' to describe him today on here, and there's not much difference between fool and idiot technically but I wouldn't have used  the word idiot - but that's me.

Look, I’m not the thought police here, I swear all the time - I take the mickey out of people and sometimes I say things i shouldn’t.

I just think that some of the stuff on here today was well over the top and  equal parts disgusting and laughable. FWIW there seemed to be a hardcore 4-5 posters really going over the top which I suggest would be people with axes to grind and is not indicative of the fan base as a whole. I just think maybe we should take more responsibility when dealing with these individuals as they do nothing but sew poison amongst the fans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

My point is, That people on here have been quick to jump to conclusions after Pulis interviews, without giving the chairman the right of reply 

And my point is that you're quick to jump to conclusions after Chansiri interviews, without giving Pulis the right of reply

See what Im' saying?

I'm sure you'll agree that it would be ridiculous and unfair to judge a situation having only heard one side of the story?

And that it would be massively hypocritical to only apply your view if it suits you depending on which side of the story has been given?

Im sure you'd agree that?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

There's a bit I didn't understand. 

He was gonna let Pulis leave by mutual agreement...Coz it would be better for Pulis...

...but Pulis were gonna knock so Chansiri sacked him.

Eh?!

Surely being sacked is better for Pulis. ...massive pay off and he's nearing retirement anyway so he won't care about being sacked being in his CV 

Have I missed sumat? 

I’m fairly confident Pulis’ contract would have had a mutual get out clause. I am also confident, he will not have been paid £2m. Calling it ‘whatever’ will have been irrelevant to the pay out. Obviously, gross misconduct would be different, but that’s not applicable here.

Guest Willow Owl
7 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

So we as fans have interpreted Pulis's side of the story and Chansiri has represented his side of the story?

Does that mean we don't need to wait for Pulis and it's a sealed deal.

It was a humungous error of judgement to go into the personal level of detail he used to justify his sacking of Pulis. Going to depths such as Big Tone said he would call in sick so I sacked him is not what you do in a presser as the Steward of a football club.

Just read back on the number of threads on here making assumptions and criticising the chairman without knowing the facts of the sacking. 

Why shouldn’t he go into this much detail if it’s true. Why shouldn’t the rest of the football world know what Pulis is like as a person, and if it may save another club from of employing him then good. 

Personally I am glad he has gone into this much detail as this is what fans were crying for after the sacking. 

48 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

So this mornings rant filled with blame, potential slander and more blame has resulted in an article appearing on the BBC titled 'Owner Dejphon Chansiri condemns abuse from fans towards son'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55498707

That is the kind of PR that really will lose us sponsorship deals DC so when you do a media presser why not do some stewardship instead of going on an emotion fueled rampage of blame?

It is clear for all here that you are incompetent and it seems recent appearances in the nationals means others are starting to notice it.

I don't really agree with how he's handled the TP situation, although, if he feels like he's backed in to a corner and screwed over by him then I can understand his frustration. I also don't agree with the blaming of supporters

However, I don't like pushing the blame on to DC when his family gets abuse. Maybe your anger should be aimed at the culprits for his rampage around that

Guest Willow Owl
8 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Why would Pulis lie though?

He’s had his career. Chansiri stands to lose a lot more from telling the truth than Pulis does.

Has Pulis made a statement. Apologise if I have missed it.

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

I don't really agree with how he's handled the TP situation, although, if he feels like he's backed in to a corner and screwed over by him then I can understand his frustration. I also don't agree with the blaming of supporters

However, I don't like pushing the blame on to DC when his family gets abuse. Maybe your anger should be aimed at the culprits for his rampage around that

I was going for a lie down and then saw this.

I feel that you have actually fallen into that trap as intended. Awful goverance of our club but that doesn't matter because we the fans, have abused his son and it's them we should blame for all of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Just read back on the number of threads on here making assumptions and criticising the chairman without knowing the facts of the sacking. 

Why shouldn’t he go into this much detail if it’s true. Why shouldn’t the rest of the football world know what Pulis is like as a person, and if it may save another club from of employing him then good. 

Personally I am glad he has gone into this much detail as this is what fans were crying for after the sacking. 

So to summarise your recent posts:

1) People shouldn't just criticise someone over a situation without hearing both sides of the story

2) But it's ok to criticise Pulis having only heard one side of the story because it is Chansiri that has given his side and not Pulis

Ok

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop