Double Standards

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Whether you agree with him or not. His honesty about what had happened with TP situation. He’s admitted he’s made a mistake. Pulis wanted mutual consent which would probably have contained non disclosure. Chansiri sacked him, ( quite rightly after 1 win in ten games and atrocious football). 
Our fans were crying out to know the details and he has given them. 
It gets me how people are questioning his reasoning for the sacking. 

It's only one side of the story though mate

I'm sure if Pulis had gone to the press first slating Chansiri you'ld have been telling us that it's only one side of the story and until we had heard from the chairman you weren't believing it

Nothing wrong with that view by the way - but it surely has to work both ways and has to be consistent

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Almost makes you wonder why he mentioned the abuse that he did nothing about doesn’t it 

I'm not going to question Chansiri's integrity when it comes to defending his son (though I can on plenty of other matters).

He obviously feels hard done by and this morning was just the latest of similar press events, where rather than calmly discussing pertinent issues, he just airs personal grievances.

I do however think it strange that a national news outlet thinks that Mr Chansiri's kid getting nasty messages online, is the biggest story from this morning's car crash presser.

• Like 2

Just now, Mystic Neg said:

I will make sure that next time someone posts on here or anywhere else I see that they are going to go and assault Chansiri and his whole family I will let you and the moderators of said platform know.

Well that’s very mature of you.

1 minute ago, Bing Cosby said:

I'm not going to question Chansiri's integrity when it comes to defending his son (though I can on plenty of other matters).

He obviously feels hard done by and this morning was just the latest of similar press events, where rather than calmly discussing pertinent issues, he just airs personal grievances.

I do however think it strange that a national news outlet thinks that Mr Chansiri's kid getting nasty messages online, is the biggest story from this morning's car crash presser.

Dave Allen did the exact same thing pretty much word for word in his press briefings

Owlstalk Shop

The problem with all social media, apart from them harvesting and using your data to their gain, is that there is no policing of the entire social media space. By that I mean the collective of social media platforms. There needs to be more governance, from a single entity who can control the entire social media space. There needs to be more background checks before an individual can join a platform, including address verifications to stop a banned user rejoining under a different user name. After verification, the platform must provide written proof that this information has been totally deleted, or face huge fines.

The algorithms platforms employ to fish out various comments are complex, but nowhere near as complex as the ones they have spend billions on to push their advertising agendas your way. Or the articles they believe you want to see and read, to further fuel your beliefs. If they wanted to, they could do more to stop this.

They are huge money making machines; the majoirty becoming some of the largest and richest companies in the world - in the space of 15 years. They make up their own rules and until such times as there is a single authority controlling each and every one of them, nothing will ever change.

• Like 3

I am no fan of DC, but he has plowed millions into our club (lots of it misguided?...absolutely)

But he bought us 5 years ago and if he hadn't where would we be? No one will ever know.

We could be better off or worse..

Had he had the right advisors, this would

a) have used his money more wisely for him and

b) the club would have better players and perhaps could have kicked on after the 2 play off failures.

BUT...none of this happened. We are where we are.

We are a once successful club..memories quickly fading.

We are at the foot of the championship, and will be relegated in the next 4 or 5 months.

We will then be stuck in the lower leagues (L2 is entirely possible) for the foreseeable future

This is not going to turn around

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm sure if Pulis had gone to the press first slating Chansiri you'ld have been telling us that it's only one side of the story and until we had heard from the chairman you weren't believing it

Nothing wrong with that view by the way - but it surely has to work both ways and has to be consistent

The other side of the story was speculated on quite thoroughly in the thread covering Pulis’ sacking and DC didn’t come out of it looking good. We were so willing to believe the worst in him no one considered his motivations. That’s why we got his side of the story - Pulis’ side was decided upon by us at the get go.

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is though, this is the first time Chansiri has come out to explain his decision and side of things. 

We have had weeks of people deriding Chansiri on here and making incorrect assumptions after Pulis interviews.

Nobody was willing to say 2 sides to a story then. 

14 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

The Chairman of a professional football club, talking in the terms he did about a recently sacked manager, is a much bigger story than some morons giving a kid grief online, no matter how distasteful the latter is.

Unfortunately not for the gutter press in this country, they prefer to report the latter.

The idiots that have given them the news to report should be ashamed.

Another own goal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Thing is though, this is the first time Chansiri has come out to explain his decision and side of things. 

We have had weeks of people deriding Chansiri on here and making incorrect assumptions after Pulis interviews.

But again I have to point out that we've only heard one side of the story

So are you in agreement that we shouldn't just take one side as gospel and should wait for Pulis' side of events before jumping to any conclusions?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

It really isn't, 99.999% of people know the difference

Yep, but a proportion of those 99.999% still use inflammatory language when talking about a man who honestly doesn’t seem all that bad - not Putin bad, or CIA bad. Just naive and stubborn. Not a “cancer” or “evil”. Incompetent, maybe, but an “idiot”?

Look out - that 0.001% are reading this and thinking it’s ok to behave like this.

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

The other side of the story was speculated on quite thoroughly in the thread covering Pulis’ sacking and DC didn’t come out of it looking good. We were so willing to believe the worst in him no one considered his motivations. That’s why we got his side of the story - Pulis’ side was decided upon by us at the get go.

Nope - we've not heard a peep from Pulis so we've only heard one side of the story

I'm sure you'll agree that untli we've heard Pulis take on it that it would be unfair to just assume the Chairmans version of events isn't the full picture?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Yellowbelly said:

Yep, but a proportion of those 99.999% still use inflammatory language when talking about a man who honestly doesn’t seem all that bad - not Putin bad, or CIA bad. Just naive and stubborn. Not a “cancer” or “evil”. Incompetent, maybe, but an “idiot”?

Look out - that 0.001% are reading this and thinking it’s ok to behave like this.

Nobody should ever namecall anyone no matter how angry they are at that person

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

So we as fans have interpreted Pulis's side of the story and Chansiri has represented his side of the story?

Does that mean we don't need to wait for Pulis and it's a sealed deal.

It was a humungous error of judgement to go into the personal level of detail he used to justify his sacking of Pulis. Going to depths such as Big Tone said he would call in sick so I sacked him is not what you do in a presser as the Steward of a football club.

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I think most rational people would agree with you. However, I used 'fool' to describe him today on here, and there's not much difference between fool and idiot technically but I wouldn't have used  the word idiot - but that's me.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope - we've not heard a peep from Pulis so we've only heard one side of the story

I'm sure you'll agree that untli we've heard Pulis take on it that it would be unfair to just assume the Chairmans version of events isn't the full picture?

I agree sure.

But would you not also agree Chansiri had the right to put his side across after the harmful speculation that painted him as the villain?

That Honest Tone hasn’t yet spoken doesn’t detract from the fact that DC gave a fairly comprehensive version of events that until disproved should be taken at face value, unless you believe Chansiri to be lying?