Double Standards

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dunno

For me that’s not even a issue we should focus on

If it’s that bad call the police first time every time on the weirdos and move on

This...let the police deal with it - that and the one directed at Bazza’s family.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Any father would defend their child - but do this privately, through the authorities. He uses his annual public statement to say this but there's no detail of how many incidents there have been or if they are different people and how many or is it a handful of loons.

The fans criticising DC on here and elsewhere is simply part of the job/role and he just needs to accept that. Providing it's not personal, there's absolutely no issue in my eyes.

But the point is some of it is personal - cretin, cancer, evil etc - are just some of the words used this morning by our fans, on here. Enough people use this terminology the more it becomes acceptable. By all means, criticise the man for his shortcomings as an owner but the emotive name calling just stirs the pot of discontent and makes supporting this club a toxic experience.

Guest Willow Owl
45 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

There was absolutely nothing in that blame filled rant that was positive or helpful to the club in any way.  Another car crash rant from a child.  It's very depressing.

You asked for answers you get answers. You don’t like answers !!!

What should he have said ?

Just now, NeonLeon said:

His lads only got Instagram from what I’ve seen and the public posts on his pictures are nothing special. Few people telling him to sack Monk at the time. Nothing about Pulis and nothing abusive.

Can only assume any abuse he’s had has been his Direct Messages. But DC has an Instagram account too so I’d imagine the same messages are being sent there too. 

I’m in no way doubting it, or the severity of it. But publicly there’s nothing I’ve seen directed at his lad that’s abusive. 

Also depends what people class as ‘abuse’

Some think swearing is every day working mans language and others think saying Chansiri is incompetent is abuse 

Everyone has different interpretations 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, FreshOwl said:

I doubt DC was anywhere close to social media before joining the club. I bet the last 5 years have been an exhausting learning curve for someone who is clearly old fashioned and traditional 

Possibly - he still relies on texts from his manager to communicate. 

In the end, Att is from a generation that does and will use SM in vast quantities - he has been subject to SWFC fans' contact as far back as 2016. Is the recent 'abuse' new and has it got worst. Has DC told him to take his account down?

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

The Chairman of a professional football club, talking in the terms he did about a recently sacked manager, is a much bigger story than some morons giving a kid grief online, no matter how distasteful the latter is.

Almost makes you wonder why he mentioned the abuse that he did nothing about doesn’t it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Yes I sympathise with the cultural challenges he faces but that is not a good enough excuse for the top dog of such a massive business.

6 years is a long time and to show you have not learnt anything about owning a football club and the society or culture  it operates in

He could have done a BA and a PhD on running Wednesday in 6 years. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

But the point is some of it is personal - cretin, cancer, evil etc - are just some of the words used this morning by our fans, on here. Enough people use this terminology the more it becomes acceptable. By all means, criticise the man for his shortcomings as an owner but the emotive name calling just stirs the pot of discontent and makes supporting this club a toxic experience.

I'm sorry, but this is perhaps childish stakeholder feedback, with some justification. He has built that reputation.

There is a big difference between that and then saying, 'I want you to die, I am going to burn your house down, I am going to kidnap your son' 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All the more reason he should be contacting police and not threatening to do it

If it’s that bad (and I’m 100% sure it will be) then call the cops and move on 

Dont sit there saying it’s that bad but you’ve done nothing about it 

Yeah fair one. Did he bring it up or was he responding to a question. I doubt he’s on social media to see the barrage, more than likely word has been passed on and if the kid isn’t whinging then it’s probably not a big issue at this moment. But yes if it’s that bad it should be sorted behind closed doors 

I do understand what you are saying, however, this is a forum, and whilst moderated, is still fairly open and posts can be inflammatory. There's probably worse on other SM, but these are the times we live in and DC ain't going to change that unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Almost makes you wonder why he mentioned the abuse that he did nothing about doesn’t it 

Masive diversion tactic. When he is under the pump then he does this, blame people. Throw in something like abusing his son in his eyes means that his failure and his short-comings are no longer important.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I do understand what you are saying, however, this is a forum, and whilst moderated, is still fairly open and posts can be inflammatory. There's probably worse on other SM, but these are the times we live in and DC ain't going to change that unfortunately. 

No but we could give it a pop by not “liking” these posts and calling people out on their behaviour.

The fact that I’m trying to say this is wrong but am being told there’s nothing we can/should do about it makes me sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some think swearing is every day working mans language

My wife is very middle class and a teacher, but it didn’t stop her calling me a ‘f’ing c**t’ when I told her she looked fat in her new leggings!

Joking aside, language always impacts people differently. I think with this particular issue saying anything about someone’s 12 year old is probably Ill advised. But if it’s actually threats or abuse then tell it to the authorities.

They might not have any reasonable means of censure but that’s a different issue. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s more what he shouldn’t mate

What part of the press briefing did you enjoy most?

Whether you agree with him or not. His honesty about what had happened with TP situation. He’s admitted he’s made a mistake. Pulis wanted mutual consent which would probably have contained non disclosure. Chansiri sacked him, ( quite rightly after 1 win in ten games and atrocious football). 
Our fans were crying out to know the details and he has given them. 
It gets me how people are questioning his reasoning for the sacking. 

5 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm sorry, but this is perhaps childish stakeholder feedback, with some justification. He has built that reputation.

There is a big difference between that and then saying, 'I want you to die, I am going to burn your house down, I am going to kidnap your son' 

Only a short hop, skip and jump if left unchecked.

What you don’t condemn you encourage.

No but we could give it a pop by not “liking” these posts and calling people out on their behaviour.

The fact that I’m trying to say this is wrong but am being told there’s nothing we can/should do about it makes me sad.

I will make sure that next time someone posts on here or anywhere else I see that they are going to go and assault Chansiri and his whole family I will let you and the moderators of said platform know.