THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

I wanted to be straight-forward.

He could contact me anytime. He told me at others clubs he had once a week meetings with owners, he said that was enough. We needed to learn who each other were and trust each other and work together.

I also told him our situation, our player mentality, the inconsistencies - it is his job to fix it.

He had experience of 30 years. I needed to trust him, we could see from his CV very well. That’s why I brought him here, to hear the truth from him.

That’s why I recruited him to be here.

Since we played four, five, six games I started to think he is not the right one because of the way we play, the way he treated our players. But he’s good with the press. He knows how to make the press like him. That’s good for him, but of course he cannot damage the club.

My team said to give him a chance and more games to do better. Of course I need to make a decision whether he is a right man or not before the end of the month.

If he is, he goes forward for the window, if not, he should not recruit any players.

He text me saying he’d been there for three weeks and that he can have a summary of what happens and where the club is.

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

Pulis did little for our players fragile confidence.   Making it clear after every match that they werent good enough.  So that comment i understand.

And I said at the time the public treatment of Odabajo would go down like a lead balloon. I can imagine he is a popular member of the squad. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He could talk to me directly because he had my phone but he doesn’t like to do that.

He likes to talk to the press but not to talk with me. He sent me what he thinks a few weeks ago.

He said big club, big potential, but record doesn’t lie, he said about identity and club structure. It made me very surprised.

When he saw the players in the interview he said they were good enough.

He send me some players to look at for January and worked with our recruitment team and then after that he sent me again who he wanted to bring in on loan or transfer.

I said OK, then do it. Our people then start to work with those names some we talk, some we send an offer for, but nobody will answer until the window is open.

I allowed him to do what he wanted. The idea on social media that I wouldn’t let him have the players then he leaves, that’s not true.

He is the one who wanted Sam [Hutchinson] to come back. My philosophy all the time is to manage our squad. The squad needs to fit to the manager.

Even now I sack him but we still work for that. We need to strengthen our squad.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

He [Pulis] wanted Sam to come back. I didn't have any issue with that but of course I ask questions about his fitness and where he would fit in.

My philosophy all the time was whoever who is going to come and manage my team is how you are going to manage the squad.

Our squad needs to fit to the manager but of course you can bring a few players in. That's normal when a new manager comes in.

We still need to strengthen. Some loan players need to go back and we need to bring new ones in. We have no issue with the players.

I always support the coaches who come here.

When I interview all the coaches, the one who comes in, I am always transparent about our club and players so they are not surprised when they come.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He could talk to me directly because he had my phone but he doesn’t like to do that.

He likes to talk to the press but not to talk with me. He sent me what he thinks a few weeks ago.

He said big club, big potential, but record doesn’t lie, he said about identity and club structure. It made me very surprised.

When he saw the players in the interview he said they were good enough.

He send me some players to look at for January and worked with our recruitment team and then after that he sent me again who he wanted to bring in on loan or transfer.

I said OK, then do it. Our people then start to work with those names some we talk, some we send an offer for, but nobody will answer until the window is open.

I allowed him to do what he wanted. The idea on social media that I wouldn’t let him have the players then he leaves, that’s not true.

He is the one who wanted Sam [Hutchinson] to come back. My philosophy all the time is to manage our squad. The squad needs to fit to the manager.

Even now I sack him but we still work for that. We need to strengthen our squad.

Top stuff from DC so far. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Pulis did little for our players fragile confidence.   Making it clear after every match that they werent good enough.  So that comment i understand.

Sometimes players need to be told the truth. They are often TOO well looked after and soft because of it.

• Like 2