Players thought Pulis was going?

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I thought he was less positive yesterday on that. Even when Hutchinson returning (let's be honest it's the worst kept secret out there) was presented with it. 

Now this story. 

He said in last weeks press conference that he wouldn't comment on any transfer rumours until players were through the door and then the press could rip him to bits or otherwise regarding signings. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I thought he was less positive yesterday on that. Even when Hutchinson returning (let's be honest it's the worst kept secret out there) was presented with it. 

Now this story. 

He was certainly not wanting to say much, but nor was he actively trying to rein in expectations about whether there would even be any players coming in at all.

It's most probably still unclear to Pulis just whether he'll actually be given the go ahead to bring players in during January, but his current view might just be that if he's not, he'll walk.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He said in last weeks press conference that he wouldn't comment on any transfer rumours until players were through the door and then the press could rip him to bits or otherwise regarding signings. 

Then why go on record stating, my current players arnt good enough and I'll be replacing them? 

Just now, cowl said:

He was certainly not wanting to say much, but nor was he actively trying to rein in expectations about whether there would even be any players coming in at all.

It's most probably still unclear to Pulis just whether he'll actually be given the go ahead to bring players in during January, but his current view might just be that if he's not, he'll walk.

I think today's news, is there to help that along one way or another. 

Wouldn't be the first time a manager, player or agent has used to press to get what they want. 

8 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

So apparently according to some on here Nixon is never wrong:

6 days ago:

"Sun journalist Alan Nixon has revealed that there is nothing in rumours suggesting that Tony Pulis is going to walk from Sheffield Wednesday."

Nixon today:

"Tony Pulis set tongues wagging that he was going to walk out on Sheffield Wednesday"

Which is it?

The stories literally say the exact same thing?!?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Then why go on record stating, my current players arnt good enough and I'll be replacing them? 

I think he meant in terms of not commenting on specific names, which is why he said he had nothing to say regarding Hutchinson.

I don't think the way he has constantly referred to the squad as not being good enough in general has helped at all, strange way of going about things pretty much saying they keep giving their all but they aren't very good.

3 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

To fire them up. 

😂

Yeah thats not going to work. If the manager thinks you are rubbish, you are getting replaced. On top of that, you are already not getting paid probably. 

It's a very nieve veiwpoint to take that dude. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I think he meant in terms of not commenting on specific names, which is why he said he had nothing to say regarding Hutchinson.

I don't think the way he has constantly referred to the squad as not being good enough in general has helped at all, strange way of going about things pretty much saying they keep giving their all but they aren't very good.

It's a very strange way of going about things and might suggest, why we didn't get that new manager bounce. 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

It's a very strange way of going about things and might suggest, why we didn't get that new manager bounce. 

If we don't end up bringing in a couple of key players in January and he walks away from a contract then I am not sure I could really blame him for doing so but at the same time, he was brought in last month to improve on the previous managers results with what he had to work with and he has failed to do that so far. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think today's news, is there to help that along one way or another. 

Wouldn't be the first time a manager, player or agent has used to press to get what they want. 

Yes, I said as much myself earlier. In fact, I'm taking it to be the sole reason for the story in the first place and that it came from Pulis' camp in some way.

It's not good though. Not good that he's doing it, and not good that he feels this is what he has to do to get some kind of reaction from DC.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If we don't end up bringing in a couple of key players in January and he walks away from a contract then I am not sure I could really blame him for doing so but at the same time, he was brought in last month to improve on the previous managers results with what he had to work with and he has failed to do that so far. 

Wouldnt blame him walking away, either. 

Infact, given the utter shizshow, I'm. Puzzled to why he hasn't. 

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Yes, I said as much myself earlier. In fact, I'm taking it to be the sole reason for the story in the first place and that it came from Pulis' camp in some way.

It's not good though. Not good that he's doing it, and not good that he feels this is what he has to do to get some kind of reaction from DC.

Thing is, DC will either ignore it or more likely just go into full stubborn mode. 

At a guess anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

So apparently according to Neil on here Nixon is never wrong:

6 days ago:

"Sun journalist Alan Nixon has revealed that there is nothing in rumours suggesting that Tony Pulis is going to walk from Sheffield Wednesday."

Nixon today:

"Tony Pulis set tongues wagging that he was going to walk out on Sheffield Wednesday"

Which is it?

Corrected it for you 😂

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Wouldnt blame him walking away, either. 

Infact, given the utter shizshow, I'm. Puzzled to why he hasn't. 

I think he might as well wait it out until January to see what he is given in the window. If he was to quit before that he is basically holding his hands up to not being able to do any better than Monk with the same circumstances.