Players thought Pulis was going?

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

I just don't understand what DC's strategy is here with regards to January.

Money's obviously tight; so much so that the players aren't getting paid in full on time.

So why even go to the expense of changing manager? I mean, I was delighted he sacked Monk, and in itself it was certainly the right decision, but given the costs involved what was the actual strategy in doing so if you're not even going to be able to back the new manager in the transfer market?

Once again, DC's behaviour is hard to credit with any reason.

Did he even have anything to do with even hiring pulis?

Or did his mate, give one of his mates a job? 

Think there might be a bigger picture here, we all agree swfc being run into the ground, that's clear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Not sure why he would want to leave. He knew about the players' lack of ability and the club's owner before taking on the role. He thought he could stabilise and keep the team in the Championship, and that was a 6-month project, with January being an important month. 

Only family pressures or lack of funds for that January investment could change this situation.

Or an ego that's taken a hit due to not being as good as he thinks he is.

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Did he even have anything to do with even hiring pulis?

Or did his mate, give one of his mates a job? 

Think there might be a bigger picture here, we all agree swfc being run into the ground, that's clear. 

Given the rumours of DC insisting even fairly minor decisions require his approval, it would be hard to put that side by side with him allowing a managerial change to be made without his agreement, although it's likely his mate did do a lot of the running here in bringing Pulis in.

It's another point though; you'd think from how things have unfolded that even DC's mate was completely unaware that money was all of a sudden going to get this tight. Hardly surprising though, I suppose, considering he's only an ‘adviser’ anyway.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So we've now got a manager trapped in a job he doesn't want?

How do we think that's gonna turn out?

Shouldn't be an issue as I've just read on Owlstalk that we are going to finish this season in 19th place even if we don't make a single signing.

Relax. 

lol