Players thought Pulis was going?

53 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Nixon’s story today...

PULIS STAYS

Tony Pulis set tongues wagging that he was going to walk out on Sheffield Wednesday - but that would cost him a fortune. 

Even the players thought Pulis was going. However, sources close to Pulis reveal it is not possible because of the terms of his contract and that he will not leave in that way. 

Blimey, imagine how disappointed those players must have felt when they found out he was staying

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Not quite sure why Pulis doesn’t just walk if he thinks we are a lost cause? If this was after January and Chansiri has broken promises on money then I could understand but he knew what a poo state we were in when he took the job so that shouldn’t be an issue if he’d done his research on us?
So basically this reads we’ve got a squad who aren’t getting paid and aren’t up to it quality wise and a manager who can’t get them up to the task and doesn’t want to be here.....brilliant.

• Love 1

I suspect there is worse to come.....TP might,just might be able to make us the 4th worse Club in the Division.....this season(realistically our only hope)

IF even he feels that the alleged 'issues' at the Club are unsolvable,than presumably it would be Bullen again to season end....(if TP left)

I personally feel that our Club will see BB,Lee's & Reach leave at season end(ime not bothered if they do) irrespective of if we stay in the Championship.

Hopefully WW & JR will go too.......(& take VA & Odubajo with them).People will argue & disagree I know,but they represent a core of players who have been at this Club too long & achieved nothing.

We need a new 'project' with fresh faces with something to play for,& an impact to make.

We also in my view need a fresh start with a new Chairman, & rid of the current 'advisors'...

Ime not even sure we will survive as a Club,let alone achieve this....

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whenever Nixon prints something people say it's rubbish or has no sources

It then always turns out Nixon was right

No he is sometimes right, NOT ALWAYS. There are many football fans who have had Nixon rumours which are just that....rumours. Lets see what the club say. IF its true then DC should get shut.

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Not quite sure why Pulis doesn’t just walk if he thinks we are a lost cause? If this was after January and Chansiri has broken promises on money then I could understand but he knew what a poo state we were in when he took the job so that shouldn’t be an issue if he’d done his research on us?
So basically this reads we’ve got a squad who aren’t getting paid and aren’t up to it quality wise and a manager who can’t get them up to the task and doesn’t want to be here.....brilliant.

Wilder had to deal with players not getting paid at both United, and Northampton. At Northampton they weren’t paid properly for months in the season Wilder won the title. If the job is too much for Pulis, either quit now, or wait until he’s fired

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Eh???? I’ve followed him since 2014. How on earth would you know whether that’s made up?? Madness 

That's incredible 

On 09/07/2015 at 18:26, FreshOwl said:

Nixon just blocked me lol jock twohat.

So not only have you followed him since 2014, but he blocked you... and you think he chats such utter crap that you made a new twitter account just so you could keep following him and his crap?

• Haha 5

I don't doubt there's a thread of truth to this, but like much of what Nixon writes it's hard to understand clearly what he's actually saying.

Of course, the vagueness is entirely intentional, but it's hardly surprising that so many feel his hit-rate is quite low.

He clearly does come by information though, and irrespective of what is said, if players and staff are only being partially paid I doubt there are many of them that wouldn't be thinking hard about what their options are right now; and since Pulis has hardly been here long the option to reverse himself out of the situation must be quite tempting.

Still, the real message here can only be understood from considering why Pulis let this little nugget slip to the press in the first place, because it obviously came from him (or via his agent or whomever). No doubt it's DC who he's trying to communicate to, and it's probably about trying to force his hand with transfer monies (as well as player wages etc.).

• Thanks 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

That's incredible 

So not only have you followed him since 2014, but he blocked you... and you think he chats such utter crap that you made a new twitter account just so you could keep following him and his crap?

great digging @StudentOwl

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 33 said:

The sooner he realises that £120M is down the pan and the only way of not losing another £20M, £30M or £50M to add to it is to take the hit, sell and walk... the sooner the better.

He owns the ground now.....costing us allegedly a Million a year(currently) in rent......think on....sizeable 'asset' to sell on,or borrow against(as he has)

Edited by parajack

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

He clearly does come by information though, and irrespective of what is said, if players and staff are only being partially paid I doubt there are many of them that wouldn't be thinking hard about what their options are right now 

Options are:

1) Carry on, be professional and wait it out

2) Contact the EFL, leak to the press and complain in anger and demand something gets done

3) Down tools and refuse to play (saying you're 'injured')

4) Carry on playing but not play as good either because you're down about the situation, or on purpose

5) Throw games, get sent off, do anything you can to earn your missing wages back in bets at the bookies

Loads of options

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

That's incredible 

Yeah he blocked me when he got something wrong and I called him out. I created a new account for work so followed him again because his content was interesting. You always follow the haters!

But you seriously took the time to dig that out, my god. Neither of us come out of this with any dignity 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

He owns the ground now.....costing us allegedly a Million a year(currently) in rent......think on....sizeable 'asset' to sell on,or borrow against(as he has)

It's £3m a year on a 30 year deal

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That's incredible 

Oooooh, Student Owl does some digging and blows a massive hole straight threw FreshOwls claims. 

• Haha 1