Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I would ask anyone who at the time of the Chairman selling off our stadium said "nothing to see here -it's normal practice" if they've reevaluated since and come to a different conclusion?

That's not quite the same though.

He was selling the stadium - to himself - in order to circumvent FFP rules.

What we are hearing now is far more serious. It appears we have genuine cashflow problems.

If that is the case then the potential outcomes are far more serious.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

That's not quite the same though.

He was selling the stadium - to himself - in order to circumvent FFP rules.

What we are hearing now is far more serious. It appears we have genuine cashflow problems.

If that is the case then the potential outcomes are far more serious.

Got ya

So if Sheffield Wedneday went bust what would happen to the stadium?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I would be off sharpish, paid regularly on time is worth much more than the anxiety that living without knowing if I can pay my bills on time or if I'm going to go overdrawn because I've not got my full wages in my account

You're coming at this from a weird weird angle

So if you are on 800 quid a week..and one month your wages wer late..you would clear off sharpish to another company who could only pay you 400 quid a week...ok..and fwiw not ONE of our squad will have be suffering anxiety about paying their bills😂

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you are on 800 quid a week..and one month your wages wer late..you would clear off sharpish to another company who could only pay you 400 quid a week...ok..and fwiw not ONE of our squad will have be suffering anxiety about paying their bills😂

Its not just one month though is it.

I'm obviously dealing with an intellectual heavyweight here.

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're one of those still defending the Chairman and claiming it was just a one off one month aren't you?

lol

100% not..think yoi have me mistaken for bladeshater🤔..i just cant get upset about players wages..maybe im a cold fish or summat..but i have no sympathy for our players..zero

Flipping hell.

I'm not suggesting that Wednesday sell the stadium to a property developer in order to save ourselves.

I'm saying Chansiri flogs it once the club has gone kaput to get some cash back.

Edited by SiJ

Just trying toput myself in a players position for a moment. Your bottom of the league, getting pelters from fans left right  and centre. Your mind probably, almost certainly not quite 100% on the job (you can argue the rights and wrongs of that) Then imho there is no wonder performances are as they are. There's the human nature in us all that says, well if they can't  be bothered then neither can I. Remember, to them it's a job. That's why I don't go for this kissing the badge crap.

So, to a degree I can get it. Yes, they should be paid regardless. The pelters come with the job, but basic pay shouldn't go amis. I'd be the same.

Now, as a supporter that money owed to thousands should have been paid months ago. Players come & go, but supporters are the lifeblood of the club. Fail to realise that, & you've lost it. 

For me, the chairman & his advisors have passed the point of no return. I really  can see admin not so far away.

• Like 1