Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

2 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

If you earn 10K per week and are living a 10K per week lifestyle then you are a ********.

Earn 10K per week and live a 2K a week lifestyle, put 8K away and buy a property every three months.

Keep it going for a few years and you will have a property portfolio that will pay you 2K per week for the rest of your life.

Nobody who has played professional football in the top 2 tiers for 7-10 years of their careers should ever need to "work" again.

You would think they would all be advised to do this wouldn’t you.

I have an old client who does sell on property to players, so the switched on ones are doing this.

4 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

If you earn 10K per week and are living a 10K per week lifestyle then you are a ********.

Earn 10K per week and live a 2K a week lifestyle, put 8K away and buy a property every three months. 

Where are the properties that are £24,000 to buy though?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

This is all a point of relativity as well as overall working environment.

imagine people doing the same job as you , in the same way , at the same sort of workplace. But they are being paid on time , at multiples of what you are getting . For no good reason apart from your boss is totally clueless and theirs isn’t.

where do you want to work?

do you want to do your best for that company , who can’t or won’t pay you your wages , despite your boss being , apparently, a billionaire ? 

• Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby

If Chansiri's not paying players in full, doubt very much VAT man is getting all his tax and we know where that leads.

Let's hope the vulture lender's getting all his wedge or we'll do a Coventry.

He should now clear debts and sell to fans and Owls community cheaply, like Rangers owner has just done.

The Trust should get ready.

Edited by Hornsby

Just now, hugeowl said:

Most people have  had to change their lifestyle and live on less money 

Are footballers exempt from this pandemic or they are that stupid they don’t see what is going on ? 

Excuse me for not feeling sorry for the players 

Hang on Hang on Hang on.....

Where are you basing your opinion that the players have changed how they live?

Someone in this thread who doesn't know them?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Where are the properties that are £24,000 to buy though?

Worksop mate.... lol Used to have some but when I had to empty one of hypodermic needles and saw a kids bedroom covered in bloody child sized hand prints it was time to sell up. 

Edited by Morepork

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He is

The reports have been that he's been paying them in two installments in a month instead of one

Then why are they blabing to Mirror, Staton, Sun et al every month  and celebrating when goals conceded?

And doubt that's in their contracts. 

Plus, how do you attract decent players in Jan like this. 

21 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Keep it going for a few years and you will have a property portfolio that will pay you 2K per week for the rest of your life.

Nobody who has played professional football in the top 2 tiers for 7-10 years of their careers should ever need to "work" again.

Christ. I wouldnt know how to spend 10k a week. 2k a week would be great lifestyle. I dont spend anywhere near that but dont want for anything.

Why are footballers held to a different standard to the rest of us about getting paid? Does it apply to everyone in the entertainment industry? If this was happening to actors or TV presenters would the same apply? Because they're earning loads it doesn't matter if they get paid on time?

If I earn 3k a month, but I only get 10% of that i.e £300 on pay day with the rest coming at an undetermined point in the month following, I probably wouldn't be giving it full effort in my job either and would be looking to get out sharpish

• Like 7

End of the day what ever you think of players wages, what they do with it or how they spend it or whether they are overpaid, underpaid, deserve it or don't deserve it its all irrelevant 

A person should be getting paid what their contract says on the day stipulated in their contract, and if the payment method has changed  they will have to have been legally notified of this by the club 

Regardless of what the players are paid. It's just another in the long list of crap we are seeing from the owner. None of this is healthy for the club whether it be, paying players on time, not submitting finances on time or using FFP loopholes. It's time to face up to the facts the club is sinking and the worst thing about it is we can't do anything about it.

• Like 1