Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

Have I entered another reality here?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He is

The reports have been that he's been paying them in two installments in a month instead of one

Err , aren't youu tweeting that players haven't been fully paid, include a post from Staton also confirming this?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So the players don’t even know why? Imagine being paid only a bit of your wages on pay day. And then get no explanation as to why. And then ask if you could be arsed to put a shift in on the Saturday. 

Feel sorry for the staff at the club being put in this position to have to try and answer the players when they ask why they’ve not been paid, whilst in the other department they’re trying to deal with the season ticket refunds

And then the communications guys are getting abuse for not putting anything out to the fans about anything when they can only put out what the chairman says they can

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby

Ahh , thanks.

Sorry fast moving story while I am trying to do my own firm's annual accounts and tax returns. Can't keep up.

First to go with cash flow is usually VAT payments so this smells very odious.

Face and respect is all in Asia so he should clear debts and  sell tous  fans, like at Rangers now.  

17 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Maybe seems a lot to most people, but if you have liabilities such as mortgages then it can be a problem.

Yeah thats the problem as much as I'd love not to care these guys have signed a contract with the club and have planned/made commitments accordingly so they should be paid what they're owed, interest rates are basically 0% so its really worrying to see.. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

“Also hearing some players may have had issues on more occasions than the three months reported”

that’s not just worse - that is serious worry time

Every month since last November going by results....the fact that this is before the covid induced cash flow problems is ringing alarm bells now