Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So if you are on 800 quid a week..and one month your wages wer late..you would clear off sharpish to another company who could only pay you 400 quid a week...ok..and fwiw not ONE of our squad will have be suffering anxiety about paying their bills😂

image.png.f02239e516d54bfff78f24132b557828.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

100% not..think yoi have me mistaken for bladeshater🤔..i just cant get upset about players wages..maybe im a cold fish or summat..but i have no sympathy for our players..zero

To summarise:"I am backing the Chairman over the players, the manager, the staff at the club, and the season ticket holders that are waiting for refunds"

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

At other clubs this would create a bit of a siege mentality. Players and fans against the ownership. Look at Wigan last season.

But I could never see that at Wednesday. Just don’t think we’re that kind of club. 

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

100% not..think yoi have me mistaken for bladeshater🤔..i just cant get upset about players wages..maybe im a cold fish or summat..but i have no sympathy for our players..zero

Nailed it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist

If swfc are in breach of contract isnt it their right to walk out and get another club? ..lets hope they all take that option..

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another question: If you were a player currently at the club who Pulis wanted to keep (not one of the bad ones he wants to get rid of) and weren't getting paid, but then saw the manager/chairman/club go out and spend money in January to bring more players in - what would you think?

Depends if they were on £38,680 a week like me.

Or whether they were on £3000 like the Dutch lad.

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At other clubs this would create a bit of a siege mentality. Players and fans against the ownership. Look at Wigan last season.

But I could never see that at Wednesday. Just don’t think we’re that kind of club. 

Its because some fans are sick to the back teeth of our overpaid underperforming spineless pampered players..

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really - you're still not getting paid your wages?

If I'm only getting £7,000 of my £38,680  , I'm obviously not happy. 

But I'm still getting double what someone else is getting who actually plays more then me.

I obviously want what I'm owed.

But I have empathy too and I'm not a complete swollen head you know!

Just because I'm a millionaire footballer. 

You swine!

lol

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Its because some fans are sick to the back teeth of our overpaid underperforming spineless pampered players..

I mean, this was reported about a year ago initially.

Do you think that the two things about player performances after Xmas this year and not being paid correctly might have something to do with each other at all? Maybe? Just a little bit?

7 minutes ago, marshy said:

Just trying toput myself in a players position for a moment. Your bottom of the league, getting pelters from fans left right  and centre. Your mind probably, almost certainly not quite 100% on the job (you can argue the rights and wrongs of that) Then imho there is no wonder performances are as they are. There's the human nature in us all that says, well if they can't  be bothered then neither can I. Remember, to them it's a job. That's why I don't go for this kissing the badge crap.

So, to a degree I can get it. Yes, they should be paid regardless. The pelters come with the job, but basic pay shouldn't go amis. I'd be the same.

Now, as a supporter that money owed to thousands should have been paid months ago. Players come & go, but supporters are the lifeblood of the club. Fail to realise that, & you've lost it. 

For me, the chairman & his advisors have passed the point of no return. I really  can see admin not so far away.

Agreed. In the next 6 months these are all out of contract:

Shaw

Urhogide

Westwood

Penney

Pelupessey

Odubajo

Van Aken

Rhodes 

Reach 

Harris

Bannan 

Lees

Then the summer after:

Luongo

Iorfa

Borner

Dunkley 

Palmer

Wildsmith

FFP breaches, not owning the stadium, relegation with literally no players, L1 wage cap etc etc

Let's not kid ourselves we aren't going anywhere but bust. We're a shell of the club we were honestly i just don't see any other way out of it.

• Like 1