Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

By the fans more

Those fans who storm round everyone demanding they blindly clap every failure of the Chairman

They're like the Chairman's stormtroopers

At least they're fewer in number now and they're a bit less vehement because there's very little they can say to defend it bar he's chucked a few quid at it - more than the ten bob millionaires ever would.  For some of us who questioned him a while ago it was like the Alamo.

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Why are footballers held to a different standard to the rest of us about getting paid? Does it apply to everyone in the entertainment industry? If this was happening to actors or TV presenters would the same apply? Because they're earning loads it doesn't matter if they get paid on time?

If I earn 3k a month, but I only get 10% of that i.e £300 on pay day with the rest coming at an undetermined point in the month following, I probably wouldn't be giving it full effort in my job either and would be looking to get out sharpish

Even if you knew you would get nowhere near your current wage if you cleared off 'sharpish' ?

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Even if you knew you would get nowhere near your current wage if you cleared off 'sharpish' ?

Whatabouttism at it's finest.

Doesn't matter one jot whether they'll get paid more or less at their next job, what matters is they aren't getting paid what they're owed on time right now, what they might or might not earn in the future is totally irrelevant.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Would be nice if all thr players got together and said if there is a cash flow problem we would prefer the club to sort out the st refunds first..we will wait for the rest of our wages👍

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Whatabouttism at it's finest.

Doesn't matter one jot whether they'll get paid more or less at their next job, what matters is they aren't getting paid what they're owed on time right now, what they might or might not earn in the future is totally irrelevant.

But you said you would be off sharpish..you wouldnt if you couldnt get anywhere near your current wages..so stop making things up..we all know the players will get their full wages..so what if its late🤔

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Yep. The thing is, who aside from DC at the club qualifies to talk about it? 

No one. No CEO. No accountability. Divided responsibility = terrible communication. A chairman who runs the club back in Thailand and an advisor who hangs around the club but doesn’t actually have an official title or position. Well if he does, it hasn’t been communicated to the fans. 

We are a joke and heading one way. 

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

But you said you would be off sharpish..you wouldnt if you couldnt get anywhere near your current wages..so stop making things up..we all know the players will get their full wages..so what if its late🤔

I would be off sharpish, paid regularly on time is worth much more than the anxiety that living without knowing if I can pay my bills on time or if I'm going to go overdrawn because I've not got my full wages in my account

You're coming at this from a weird weird angle

Edited by Gob_Bluth

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I would ask anyone who at the time of the Chairman selling off our stadium said "nothing to see here -it's normal practice" if they've reevaluated since and come to a different conclusion?

DC said there’s nothing to worry about though. Just like when he said we won’t fall foul of FFP because we have ‘friends’. Or when he claimed we had a better squad than Sheffield United.

The bloke is never wrong!