It's not over yet folks

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Obviously it's not over,  we've still got to endure another 26 games of this sh*t.

If you offered me relegation tomorrow or having to watch the rest of the games, I'd honestly have to think very hard about my choice!

It's a bit like death from a thousand cuts watching us right now isn't it

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look how many games we have left though

And if Pulis had won just ONE game we'd only be one point from safety

Monk has left him in a position of strength - it's up to Pulis now to continue the work Monk was doing and take us to safety

He's got more than enough time/games to do so

If Pulis failed with everything he was left with, the number of games, the number of points to play for (he's had 21 points to play for just in the games he's played since he arrived!!) then it would be a failure of monumental proportions!

He's got this

Stick with it - It's not over yet folks

Hope you're right just can't see where the goals are coming from and therefore the wins, especially with the tactics we've seen to date. He keeps eluding to January, hope he can convince some decent players to come but I can only see that happening if they have no other options, which then asks the question how good/rated will they be. 

Like you say, plenty of games to go but need to see a massive swing in performances, tactics and ultimately results as the games are getting ticked off quickly. 

Just now, mattitheowl said:

And we need 40 of those 99.  11 wins and 7 draws.  From our remaining 26 games.  We need to win over a third and get a chunk of draws.  It's utterly dismal.

Pulis has just had 21 points possible out of the games he's already had so far here. 

If he'd just got a single win (even against one of these 'easy' teams we're playing at the moment) we'd have only been one point away from safety

It's not over yet folks

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, mattitheowl said:

And every cut is to the end of your chap!

Well I'd not thought about it quite in those terms

But now you mention it :tango:

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 07.35.49.jpg

It's not over yet folks

Remarkably even though we've been doing so horrifically bad (especially in the recent games) this division is so poor that despite our form, and despite us having six points taken off us, thanks to the work that Garry Monk did in pulling those points back we still remain only 4 points away from safety!

So there's everything still to play for and more than enough games to get to safety

So for those saying Pulis needs time - he's had/got plenty of time. He's got so many games between when he walked into the club and the end of the season a manager of his calibre should have no problems at all pulling us out of this mess.

For those saying we won't recover just take a look at the league table. Just four points between us an Nottingham Forest - and thanks to Garry Monk who had us as the fifth best defence in the division our goal average is better than the teams above us.

So it's all on Pulis now.

He has the same squad Monk was doing ok with

He has more than enough time to get to know his squad, instill his ethics, his style, his tactics

He has a transfer window to do business in even.

It's 100% all on Tony Pulis and a manager of his calibre (and wages) should be able to pull this off with ease.

Just four points away from safety!

And think about this also

From arriving at Sheffield Wednesday to the end of this season Tony Pulis will have had 33 games in total, and a possible 99 points to play for.

It's not over yet folks

Your as deluded as DC

3 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Hope you're right just can't see where the goals are coming from and therefore the wins, especially with the tactics we've seen to date. He keeps eluding to January, hope he can convince some decent players to come but I can only see that happening if they have no other options, which then asks the question how good/rated will they be. 

Like you say, plenty of games to go but need to see a massive swing in performances, tactics and ultimately results as the games are getting ticked off quickly. 

Yeah but Pulis will have had 99 points to play for between arriving here and the end of this season

Ninety Nine

Think about that for a second - nearly a hundred points Pulis will have had to play for in his time here this season!

There's no way he can fail when you look at how poor the bottom sides are, the fact that we're only four points away from safety (thanks purely to Monk setting us up defensively and doing so well this season before he was dismissed) despite a 6 point deduction!

That shows how bad these teams are around the bottom

They really should be easy wins against those sides 

Meaning we should be safe 

It's up to Pulis now

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Grandad said:

Well I'd not thought about it quite in those terms

But now you mention it :tango:

I think the worst part of it for me is I'm just apathetic to it now.  It's so obvious and inevitable, I watch it like I watch any of the premier league games, little involvement and passion.  I've already said to the mrs I'll do everything I can to get my money back for next year's ST because I'm f*cked if I'm paying £550 for a league 1 season ticket. £24 a game to watch league one football.  

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 07.35.49.jpg

It's not over yet folks

Remarkably even though we've been doing so horrifically bad (especially in the recent games) this division is so poor that despite our form, and despite us having six points taken off us, thanks to the work that Garry Monk did in pulling those points back we still remain only 4 points away from safety!

So there's everything still to play for and more than enough games to get to safety

So for those saying Pulis needs time - he's had/got plenty of time. He's got so many games between when he walked into the club and the end of the season a manager of his calibre should have no problems at all pulling us out of this mess.

For those saying we won't recover just take a look at the league table. Just four points between us an Nottingham Forest - and thanks to Garry Monk who had us as the fifth best defence in the division our goal average is better than the teams above us.

So it's all on Pulis now.

He has the same squad Monk was doing ok with

He has more than enough time to get to know his squad, instill his ethics, his style, his tactics

He has a transfer window to do business in even.

It's 100% all on Tony Pulis and a manager of his calibre (and wages) should be able to pull this off with ease.

Just four points away from safety!

And think about this also

From arriving at Sheffield Wednesday to the end of this season Tony Pulis will have had 33 games in total, and a possible 99 points to play for.

It's not over yet folks

Thanks to the good work Gary Monk did Neil? I'm so speechless that I can't add more comments.

1 minute ago, doubled123456 said:

Thanks to the good work Gary Monk did Neil? I'm so speechless that I can't add more comments.

Mate -think about it though -  we had a 6 point deduction

We had to start on minus 6 points

When Monk was dismissed we had the fifth best defence in this division

And even with the points deduction and Tony Pulis having totally messed up the last seven games and only getting three points out of the last twenty one, we're still only four points from safety

If that's not down to Garry Monk then who?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Mate - we had a 6 point deduction

When he was dismissed we had the fifth best defence in this division

And even with the points deduction and Tony Pulis having totally messed up the last seven games and only getting three points out of the last twenty one, we're still only four points from safety

If that's not down to Garry Monk then who?

Any Monks wins were purely down to the legacy of the summer 2019 work of Steve Bruce and his coaches.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

No, of course it's not all over, 4 points not insurmountable, but looks more unlikely with every game and that gap is widening since Pulis took over. 

In all honesty, the football we play appears league 1 standard and can't complain if we are eventually relegated.

This current team, the one we fielded yesterday, will definitely go down.

That is irrespective of management.

We're bob.

But we're hoping that Pulis will bring in the quality we need.

It doesn't have to cost a lot.

Westwood, Lees and Hutch prove that.

It's about contacts.

Just now, striker said:

No, of course it's not all over, 4 points not insurmountable, but looks more unlikely with every game and that gap is widening since Pulis took over. 

In all honesty, the football we play appears league 1 standard and can't complain if we are eventually relegated.

I'd definitely complain if Pulis messed it up

NINETY NINE POINTS he will have had to play with since arriving and the end of the season

33 games

A manager of his calibre should have us mid table by end of season

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Any Monks wins were purely down to the legacy of the summer 2019 work of Steve Bruce and his coaches.

Spot on. If Steve Bruce who is a good manager had stayed we would not be in this position. Useless Monk came in and took this team into the situation we are in now. It blows my mind that we have ppl sticking up for Monk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

We're bob.

It's about contacts.

Our form has totally collapsed over the last 7 matches yes.

but we just need to go back to decent mid table form to stay up .

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

When Monk was here people were saying it's a mid table squad that just needs man-managing

So we fired Monk and brought in Pulis who has 33 games to sort it out

More than enough time

Relax

Only four points from safety

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Athelwulf said:

We're bob.

It's about contacts.

it only bring in quality but have them gel into place with the first kick. 

otherwise we have the rest of this month and the whole of January to suffer more defeats by which time we will be so far adrift the new arrivals won’t make any difference 

• Like 1