It's not over yet folks

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah nothing to do with embargoes, not getting paid on time, FFP, 12 point deduction, total lack of investment into the squad etc

But all the incoming players knew about that I'm sure?

Are you saying amonk had nothing to do.with recruitment, or are you saying they're the best we couid get?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

How would have have done that exactly?

Pretty straightforward. Tell Chansiri they're vital to the side.

Tell him without them (and Fletcher) we'd be left with no creative spark, very little goal threat and run the risk of relegation, with ir without a points deduction.

What seems.more likely happened is he said something along the lines of, "we'll be ok as long as I can sign Callum Paterson, because he'll get us goals if I play him.as a striker".

MASSIVE error in judgement.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Tell him without them (and Fletcher) we'd be left with no creative spark, very little goal threat and run the risk of relegation, with ir without a points deduction.

What seems.more likely happened is he said something along the lines of, "we'll be ok as long as I can sign Callum Paterson, because he'll get us goals if I play him.as a striker".

Fletcher turned down our offer and went to another club.

Monk didn't scout the new players - the recruitment team did

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fletcher is crocked yet again at Stoke. 

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why blame and sack Monk and replace him with someone that cant' even do as well as the manager that got sacked though?

It's such a simple question that's arisen from a simple situation 

Over a year of first team management Garry Monk failed us. He managed 58 first team games and had a win ratio of 31% which is lower than Jos Luhukay. Luhukay is a meme amongst Wednesday fans for being our worst ever appointment, yet he had a better win ratio than Monk.

Monk was not judged and sacked on his last two games. He was sacked for his overall performance as Wednesday manager which saw us absolutely nose dive from 3rd place in the league to 2nd bottom. 

It is very very simple to see why Monk was sacked. Really simple. 

I’m disappointed in Pulis’ start for sure but do I back him to turn it round over Monk long term? Yes I do. He’ll need a bit more than 7 games to prove that though.

Your short-term thinking approach to this debate is very weak. If Pulis does worse over a similar time frame than Monk I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 07.35.49.jpg

It's not over yet folks

Remarkably even though we've been doing so horrifically bad (especially in the recent games) this division is so poor that despite our form, and despite us having six points taken off us, thanks to the work that Garry Monk did in pulling those points back we still remain only 4 points away from safety!

So there's everything still to play for and more than enough games to get to safety

So for those saying Pulis needs time - he's had/got plenty of time. He's got so many games between when he walked into the club and the end of the season a manager of his calibre should have no problems at all pulling us out of this mess.

For those saying we won't recover just take a look at the league table. Just four points between us an Nottingham Forest - and thanks to Garry Monk who had us as the fifth best defence in the division our goal average is better than the teams above us.

So it's all on Pulis now.

He has the same squad Monk was doing ok with

He has more than enough time to get to know his squad, instill his ethics, his style, his tactics

He has a transfer window to do business in even.

It's 100% all on Tony Pulis and a manager of his calibre (and wages) should be able to pull this off with ease.

Just four points away from safety!

And think about this also

From arriving at Sheffield Wednesday to the end of this season Tony Pulis will have had 33 games in total, and a possible 99 points to play for.

It's not over yet folks

Jesus, let it go, the clubs a total mess, relegation is needed 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Over a year of first team management Garry Monk failed us. He managed 58 first team games and had a win ratio of 31% which is lower than Jos Luhukay.  

Ok fair enough

So we sack Monk - no issues with that. I totally understand.

Get rid and get someone better in 

Makes total  sense - I am all for that.

A win ratio of 31% is absolutely horrific 

Unacceptable

Disgusting in fact

What's Tony Pulis win ratio so far here?

( don't need a breakdown, commentary or excuses  - just the % please)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Brissy-owl said:

Jesus, let it go, the clubs a total mess, relegation is needed 

Why do people say this ?

its like saying . I have a job I absolutely hate and pays very badly.

I will quit for a job that I will hate even more and pays even worse.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Over a year of first team management Garry Monk failed us. He managed 58 first team games and had a win ratio of 31% which is lower than Jos Luhukay. Luhukay is a meme amongst Wednesday fans for being our worst ever appointment, yet he had a better win ratio than Monk.

Monk was not judged and sacked on his last two games. He was sacked for his overall performance as Wednesday manager which saw us absolutely nose dive from 3rd place in the league to 2nd bottom. 

It is very very simple to see why Monk was sacked. Really simple. 

I’m disappointed in Pulis’ start for sure but do I back him to turn it round over Monk long term? Yes I do. He’ll need a bit more than 7 games to prove that though.

Your short-term thinking approach to this debate is very weak. If Pulis does worse over a similar time frame than Monk I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. Simple as that. 

Nothing to worry about 

we will smash forest next week. We have 8 of the 11 monk heroes from the 4 0 last season ready to go ! 

2 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

relegation is needed 

Eh?

No it's not

Pulis has more than enough games to sort it out

Lots of time left

If we go down it will and can only be due to Pulis mismanagement - nothing else

Pulis will know and expect that too, and has the experience to sort it

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok fair enough

So we sack Monk - no issues with that. I totally understand.

Get rid and get someone better in 

Makes total  sense - I am all for that.

A win ratio of 31% is absolutely horrific 

Unacceptable

Disgusting in fact

What's Tony Pulis win ratio so far here?

( don't need a breakdown, commentary or excuses  - just the % please)

Again completely lacking context. How can you seriously compare a win ratio over 7 games to a win ratio over 58 games?! 

Do you think ANY manager would get this squad and this club firing up the league when they aren’t very good and there are issues behind the scenes? 

If you were DC and you saw your club go from 3rd to 23rd in the league with a struggling manager, would you not take the plunge and replace him with a manager who’s win ratio is excellent at this level and has never experienced relegation in his 23 years as manager in a desperate attempt to protect your reputation and investment?  The appointment makes perfect sense.

The fact it’s not working says A LOT more about the state of the club and it’s ownership than it does Tony Pulis. I think deep down you know that 

Edited by SallyCinnamon