It's not over yet folks

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

it only bring in quality but have them gel into place with the first kick. 

otherwise we have the rest of this month and the whole of January to suffer more defeats by which time we will be so far adrift the new arrivals won’t make any difference 

But on the flip side side Pulis is  playing the easy teams now so should easily start winning games

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, ANDY said:

it only bring in quality but have them gel into place with the first kick. 

otherwise we have the rest of this month and the whole of January to suffer more defeats by which time we will be so far adrift the new arrivals won’t make any difference 

This will be another one for the list , ready for

Jan.

Pulis will sign new players, we will keep losing but not TP’s fault as ‘ not had time to gel’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ANDY said:

Hudds and Barnsley. 

we lost both these “easy games”

playing utter garbage. 

im not holding my breath and would like nothing more than to be proved wrong. 

Well yeah but to be fair Pulis has only had 5 weeks and seven first team games to get to know his squad so.. starting from now we should be beating these easy teams and climb to safety

it's not over yet folks

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I think the worst part of it for me is I'm just apathetic to it now.  It's so obvious and inevitable, I watch it like I watch any of the premier league games, little involvement and passion.  I've already said to the mrs I'll do everything I can to get my money back for next year's ST because I'm f*cked if I'm paying £550 for a league 1 season ticket. £24 a game to watch league one football.  

Sat watching yesterday (and feeling exactly the same) I was trying to work out if I feel like that because I'm not in the ground, and therefore detached, or if it's just a culmination of the last few years of crap football

I think it's both

We started 12 points from safety this season 

we are now Only 4 points from safety

if you would have said to me at the start of the season, we would be only 4 points from safety on 13 December I would have bitten your hand off .

then if you would have told me we are only 4 points from safety despite the last 7 games being a complete and utter disaster under a new manager I would have been so shocked I would have poked you in the eye to check you were real . I would then have commissioned  a statue of Garry monk to be built and a therapist sent over to Thailand.

we have gone from 12 points to 4 points from safety so far this season. One last push for those last 4 points and we have 99 to play for !!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd definitely complain if Pulis messed it up

NINETY NINE POINTS he will have had to play with since arriving and the end of the season

33 games

A manager of his calibre should have us mid table by end of season

Pulis is dogshit, most knew that, the others are learning that. 

We (Chansiri) appointed him and therefore must accept the consequence of a terrible, arrogant, ill thought out, backwards decision.

What's worse is he'll waste money in January trying to compensate for the inadequacies of his manager and expect us to be grateful. I don't want his money, I want a properly run football club which doesn't need to chase losses to make up for bizarre decisions made as a result of playing at owning a football club as a hobby.

If you repeatedly punch yourself in the face, you'll feel some pain. This club has been punching itself in the face for years, which Chansiri asks top dollar for us to watch and the result of that looks at the moment looks like the pain of relegation.

Unless a managerial change is made hard to see that changing.

We have games between now and January though 

A load of points up for grabs

Im expecting the experienced manager we now have to work with the players he has and to build a formation and strategy around the players he has to work with

I don’t think he will continue with his current stance of just playing his usual Pulis formation and tactics as it’s clearly failed him

Everyone knows managers have to work with the players at their disposal and Pulis will understand this and change his approach to win us those crucial points against the easy teams we are currently playing 

We will get the points from these next easy games because Pulis will change and adapt his formation and style and manage the players he has in the squad. 

He will understand the points and the club come before his traditional formation and tactics and will change to get the wins

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Pulis is dogshit, most knew that, the others are learning that. 

We (Chansiri) appointed him and therefore must accept the consequence of a terrible, arrogant, ill thought out, backwards decision.

What's worse is he'll waste money in January trying to compensate for the inadequacies of his manager and expect us to be grateful. I don't want his money, I want a properly run football club which doesn't need to chase losses to make up for bizarre decisions made as a result of playing at owning a football club as a hobby.

If you repeatedly punch yourself in the face, you'll feel some pain. This club has been punching itself in the face for years, which Chansiri asks top dollar for us to watch and the result of that looks at the moment looks like the pain of relegation.

Unless a managerial change is made hard to see that changing.

Too early to judge.  We have had bad luck, red cards, mid week games, injuries, freak goalie howlers, played Europe’s form teams, had to travel to Norwich and back, asst manager not joining, goalie coach not joining , players paid late, TP’s cap not being sorted early enough, not his players, all number 10’s.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 07.35.49.jpg

It's not over yet folks

Remarkably even though we've been doing so horrifically bad (especially in the recent games) this division is so poor that despite our form, and despite us having six points taken off us, thanks to the work that Garry Monk did in pulling those points back we still remain only 4 points away from safety!

So there's everything still to play for and more than enough games to get to safety

So for those saying Pulis needs time - he's had/got plenty of time. He's got so many games between when he walked into the club and the end of the season a manager of his calibre should have no problems at all pulling us out of this mess.

For those saying we won't recover just take a look at the league table. Just four points between us an Nottingham Forest - and thanks to Garry Monk who had us as the fifth best defence in the division our goal average is better than the teams above us.

So it's all on Pulis now.

He has the same squad Monk was doing ok with

He has more than enough time to get to know his squad, instill his ethics, his style, his tactics

He has a transfer window to do business in even.

It's 100% all on Tony Pulis and a manager of his calibre (and wages) should be able to pull this off with ease.

Just four points away from safety!

And think about this also

From arriving at Sheffield Wednesday to the end of this season Tony Pulis will have had 33 games in total, and a possible 99 points to play for.

It's not over yet folks

What planet have you been on for the last twelve months?

Guest Grandad

We play Forest midweek

The only team in the Championship with a worse record than us during Pulis's reign

The consequences of losing that one don't bear thinking about. Quite honestly I'm completely amazed people are still defending the running of the club and Chairman.

It would be like having a wife who sleeps with all your mates but saying "Yes, she makes lovely cakes though"

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No but Pulis would still have a transfer window and more than enough points to play for before the end of the season

Yes Pulis should be able to keep us up without too many signings. Our squads no worse than Rotherham’s is it so he should be getting more out of the players he’s got. 

• Like 1

Just now, Grandad said:

We play Forest midweek

The only team in the Championship with a worse record than us during Pulis's reign

The consequences of losing that one don't bear thinking about. Quite honestly I'm completely amazed people are still defending the running of the club and Chairman.

It would be like having a wife who sleeps with all your mates but saying "Yes, she makes lovely cakes though"

Will be an easy victory V notts forest.

we slaughtered them last season under Monk and they are much worse this season.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Look how many games we have left though

And if Pulis had won just ONE game we'd only be one point from safety

Monk has left him in a position of strength - it's up to Pulis now to continue the work Monk was doing and take us to safety

He's got more than enough time/games to do so

If Pulis failed with everything he was left with, the number of games, the number of points to play for (he's had 21 points to play for just in the games he's played since he arrived!!) then it would be a failure of monumental proportions!

He's got this

Stick with it - It's not over yet folks

A position of strength. Fooook me. Bottom of the league with a shocking squad bereft of even one decent striker. If that’s a position of strength I’m the the foooking queen mother. 

41 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pulis has just had 21 points possible out of the games he's already had so far here. 

If he'd just got a single win (even against one of these 'easy' teams we're playing at the moment) we'd have only been one point away from safety

It's not over yet folks

If my Aunty was a bloke, she’d be my uncle. 

The fact is, he hasn’t won one of those games and doesn’t look like doing so.