It's not over yet folks

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The mess Monk made will take more than 7 games unfortunately.

Its a mess of 3 - 4 years, that's the problem. Been a downward spiral over that entire period. 

Let's be clear as much as there are problems on the pitch its behind the scenes that fills me with little hope.

Our relegations generally coincide with boardroom messes

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We can only judge pulis after 3/4 years in my view 

Tony pulls has not become a bad manager overnight.

When was the last manager that got 3 / 4 years. 

Simply does not happen, isn't the average tenure of a Championship manager 15 months or summat.

Just now, mkowl said:

Its a mess of 3 - 4 years, that's the problem. Been a downward spiral over that entire period. 

Let's be clear as much as there are problems on the pitch its behind the scenes that fills me with little hope.

Our relegations generally coincide with boardroom messes

Absolutely mate. Problem is far greater than Pulis, Monk or whoever is in charge.

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We can only judge pulis after 3/4 years in my view 

Tony pulls has not become a bad manager overnight.

I’d give him until the end of the season and see where we finish. If we stay up he’s done his job simple as that.

And you’re absolutely bang on mate well said. You don’t become a bad manager overnight. Any manager would struggle working at this club as is being proven time and time again. 

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Pulis has only had seven first team games

How anyone can expect him to do as well as the level of results that got Garry Monk sacked in that time is beyond me

What do you think to the summer signings, admittedly we've seen more of some than others. Rate them out of 10 on what you've seen so far...

Paterson

Dele Bashiru

Brown

Windass

Flint

Kachunga

Dunkley

Marriot

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Any manager would struggle working at this club as is being proven time and time again. 

Why blame and sack Monk and replace him with someone that cant' even do as well as the manager that got sacked though?

It's such a simple question that's arisen from a simple situation 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

What do you think to the summer signings, admittedly we've seen more of some than others. Rate them out of 10 on what you've seen so far...

Paterson

Dele Bashiru

Brown

Windass

Flint

Kachunga

Dunkley

Marriot

Far too early to say mate - it's only been a few weeks

I'd have to ring up people and ask them before I could decide

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

When was the last manager that got 3 / 4 years. 

Simply does not happen, isn't the average tenure of a Championship manager 15 months or summat.

It is proven that the most successful managers stay the longest.

look at sir Alex compared to , say, Terry Yorath. 

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why blame and sack Monk and replace him with someone that cant' even do as well as the manager that got sacked though?

It's such a simple question that's arisen from a simple situation 

See my post above re the 8 signings. 

8 players

8 wages

How much of a positive impact did that recruitment have on results?

Comparing them to the players Monk was happy to see leave, were we left in a stronger or weaker position?

Are we any nearer, after that recruitment to knowing our best XI or formation?

Do we still have gaps in the squad forcing us to play players out of position, despite a huge summer overhaul?

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Paterson - 6

Dele Bashiru - 3

Brown - 5

Windass - 6

Flint - 5

Kachunga - 4

Dunkley - 1

Marriot - 0

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Explain how Monk was happy to see Fletcher and Fox leave

He wasn't, but he was happy to see Forestieri, Nuhiu, Hutchinson and Lee leave. He's been happy not to play Westwood

Even Keiran Lee, who had clearly gone backwards, would improve us at the moment. The others are no brainers for first team places the moment.

And on Fletcher and Fox, why were they so keen to leave? Maybe they saw the writing was on the wall because they couid see how he was dismantling the squad?

He wasn't, but he was happy to see Forestieri, Nuhiu, Hutchinson and Lee leave. He's been happy not to play Westwood

Even Keiran Lee, who had clearly gone backwards, would improve us at the moment. The others are no brainers for first team places the moment.

And on Fletcher and Fox, why were they so keen to leave? Maybe they saw the writing was on the wall because they couid see how he was dismantling the squad?

Yeah nothing to do with embargoes, not getting paid on time, FFP, 12 point deduction, total lack of investment into the squad etc

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

Actually Monk said he was keen to keep Nuhiu and Lee

We can only presume Chansiri wasnt