Owls manager Tony Pulis assesses the defeat at Carrow Road

34 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I don't mind the manager calling players out and being vocal, Pulis seems quite willing to do that. But to call one player out for 2 poor passes when we have others doing the same and more frequently (not necessarily in this game but in others) that don't get berated is a bit naff. You could lambast all our team for wayward passes or floaty long balls to nobody.

I thought Pulis looked annoyed (good hope he carries this onto the training ground), but I wonder if he is starting to see how tough it's going to be with this squad.

From the comments he has made so far, he is under no illusion how tough his job is here. 

It looks like he is quickly working out whether the players we have are his kind of players. Talent is obviously a factor, but it seems he gets more (understandably) frustrated when players make unnecessary mistakes or don’t follow his instruction. 

Until he can bring in at least two definitive strikers, his options are limited and playing to order is clearly his way of managing games. 

Guest LondonOwl313
34 minutes ago, parajack said:

As i have said recently no one in the forum is changing each others views......you are entitled to think monk stupid, this might suggest not....Harry Redknapps new 3.8 million home to be built on Gary Monks Sandbanks land!!       

Monk knew what he was doing......join the dots why

Dude.. Donald Trump is a billionaire apparently.. yet his intelligence is demonstrably low or at best average. There’s no link between money and intelligence.. Monk comes across as being fairly unintelligent, his vocabulary is repetitive.. and his decision making shows a lack of emotional intelligence. Him having money doesn’t negate that.. playing football or investing the proceeds of it in some land doesn’t make him intelligent 

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Dude.. Donald Trump is a billionaire apparently.. yet his intelligence is demonstrably low or at best average. There’s no link between money and intelligence.. Monk comes across as being fairly unintelligent, his vocabulary is repetitive.. and his decision making shows a lack of emotional intelligence. Him having money doesn’t negate that.. playing football or investing the proceeds of it in some land doesn’t make him intelligent 

Anyone with money can buy a better investment broker

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Great that he will call players out like Joey. It's so true that we are used to crumbling at the end of games, Monk never stopped the hoof ball and it stuck. Tom 'Panic!' Lees must be the worst player to have in that situation.

Totally agree - he does defend well at times but his constant clumsiness with tackles, constantly passing sideways or backwards shows he has no imagination or can spot a good forward pass. He panics cause he’s past his best and simply not good enough over 90 minutes. He been like that for a couple of seasons now and it’s time he was replaced with a more mobile and intuitive centre back. PLEASE !!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Has he ever done it to a clubs best players though? Or has he ever said to the media that half of the team won’t be here come the end of the season mid season with 20 games to go when you need the same players to get you results. I doubt it because you’d have to be pretty dumb to do that 

As someone else remarked Players contract negotiations start some 6 months,sometimes longer before they end......there not daft,and neither are their agents......players already knew in most cases they were not going to be part of the managers re build

Monk saying it publicly just put the rest of us in the know....Leaving aside Fletcher & Fox(who were offered,but turned down contracts) 

None of the released Players went on to Championship Clubs...

Anyone here think the released Players wouldn't allegedly  have bust a gut to tell us,if they had offers but turned them down? really?

Edited by parajack

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Dude,you have no idea whatsoever what Trumps IQ is do you? or monks?...if you do,site your source:.Trump inherited his money and has been bankrupt before.

monk has shown shrewdness in his dealings & is a self made man. Thats my opinion,you have yours...Lets get back to football eh?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

From the comments he has made so far, he is under no illusion how tough his job is here. 

It looks like he is quickly working out whether the players we have are his kind of players. Talent is obviously a factor, but it seems he gets more (understandably) frustrated when players make unnecessary mistakes or don’t follow his instruction. 

Until he can bring in at least two definitive strikers, his options are limited and playing to order is clearly his way of managing games. 

Not just strikers though is it? he was exhibiting the same frustration today to me,that monk was at times. I agree with you,if Players do things he hasnt coached them to do,give the ball away too easily and dont retain possession,what can he do??

Guest Therealrealist
47 minutes ago, parajack said:

Dude,you have no idea whatsoever what Trumps IQ is do you? or monks?...if you do,site your source:.Trump inherited his money and has been bankrupt before.

monk has shown shrewdness in his dealings & is a self made man. Thats my opinion,you have yours...Lets get back to football eh?

His dc self made or did he inherit is money?..Trump May have inherited some money..but to end up president of the USA..I reckon he’s done allright

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, parajack said:

You’re trying to link IQ to money when there’s no correlation when it comes to high net worth. That’s the point.. just because Garry Monk has some cash doesn’t make him smart.. in fact, would guess that Pulis has more so in your world he has a higher IQ right.. lol

We have definitely improved but we desperately need that first win and soon. The overall play was good again but good sides see it out or at least don’t lose. I feel pulis is the right man for the job but it’s long term and if we did go down he as to have the chance to see the job through Its a similar situation to big ron 

11 hours ago, parajack said:

Not just strikers though is it? he was exhibiting the same frustration today to me,that monk was at times. I agree with you,if Players do things he hasnt coached them to do,give the ball away too easily and dont retain possession,what can he do??

He will know wants he needs / wants. He’s made his mind up about the only centre forward who is contracted to the club, so at least 2 players for that area are a must.

I would like to think he has plans for various other positions, apart from centre half where we seem well stocked.

He needs to be given money, not having to wait for the end of the window to see what yellow ticket items he can pick over.

It will be interesting to see if he / the club can move  Rhodes on, although I doubt it.

19 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Some interesting comments from pulis. He blamed the players for the last 10 minutes for just kicking the ball away and dropping deeper.

Sorry but when you change to a back 6 and take your striker off that will happen.

But what if he has coached them not to do that? he has a plan for everything it seems,including how to defend with 10 men..inconcievable he would have coached them to do that(as monk used to say in his post match conferences)...

if he has told them to pass it about when in possession,and not just lump it away & they dont do it.....he is at the same point where monk was....

Scratching his head and thinking what else can i do?(get rid,we know....but when? will he have enough money?)

Some Players just not good enough in many ways....I dont myself rate VA or PP..(though they have some good points & do some good things in games) VA in particular in front of our goal makes me feel nervous.

11 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’re trying to link IQ to money when there’s no correlation when it comes to high net worth. That’s the point.. just because Garry Monk has some cash doesn’t make him smart.. in fact, would guess that Pulis has more so in your world he has a higher IQ right.. lol

How about going back to football?...let it go

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

But what if he has coached them not to do that? he has a plan for everything it seems,including how to defend with 10 men..inconcievable he would have coached them to do that(as monk used to say in his post match conferences)...

if he has told them to pass it about when in possession,and not just lump it away & they dont do it.....he is at the same point where monk was....

Scratching his head and thinking what else can i do?(get rid,we know....but when? will he have enough money?)

Some Players just not good enough in many ways....I dont myself rate VA or PP..(though they have some good points & do some good things in games) VA in particular in front of our goal makes me feel nervous.

I’m not necessarily saying get rid. I don’t think he should have been appointed in the first place though. Besides, the managers seem to be getting progressively worse so until the guy hiring them changes it will continue to do so. 

And whatever he has coached them or told them to do, taking off a striker and replacing him with a defender away against top of the league will invite pressure. There was no outlet in that last 15 minutes.

We also seemed to change to a back 6. Again, the message is clear at that point - see if you can come and break us down. Unfortunately they did twice because the players just aren’t good enough.

I’m with you on VA - improved this year but still has lapses in concentration and I’m not sold on him due to a couple of half decent performances.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

We have definitely improved but we desperately need that first win and soon. The overall play was good again but good sides see it out or at least don’t lose. I feel pulis is the right man for the job but it’s long term and if we did go down he as to have the chance to see the job through Its a similar situation to big ron 

I think myself we should have pushed on,and carried on bombing balls into their box,i wasn't watching the match but it seemed to me listening,that Harris & reach were playing well,and causing all sorts of problems with their pace,and Windass & Patterson too a threat.

How many times have we seen that this side dont have the wherewithall to see out a match?

Now TP has seen it for the first time.....if we do go ahead & try to hang onto a 1-0 lead against less talented sides than Norwich,we might get away with it,but i wouldn't bet on it.

In my view,to take the unknown out of the defence,we would need to replace VA,PP,Lee's & buy in a new Keeper.Thats a lot of Players  when you think we probably need to shell out for at least 2 strikers,maybe 3

BB,Reach,JR, &TL & VA have all  expressed a desire to previously to stay at S6... Reach certainly currently playing much better.....but how many players form have we seen at S6 fall off the edge of a cliff after getting a new contract?

Some of these 30 or older now,..how many games will they be able to play & sustain a 'high tempo' game? without picking up injurys?

JR shouldn't even be considered,as he doesn't seem to be in TP plans(well he isn't playing him except off the bench) I wouldnt myself re contract anyone but Reach(1 year) BB (1-2 years max)