Owls manager Tony Pulis assesses the defeat at Carrow Road

I don't mind the manager calling players out and being vocal, Pulis seems quite willing to do that. But to call one player out for 2 poor passes when we have others doing the same and more frequently (not necessarily in this game but in others) that don't get berated is a bit naff. You could lambast all our team for wayward passes or floaty long balls to nobody.

I thought Pulis looked annoyed (good hope he carries this onto the training ground), but I wonder if he is starting to see how tough it's going to be with this squad.

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, parajack said:

I just wonder if the same people praising Pulis(i agree with them by the way) for being outspoken about players faults as he see's it,are some of the same ones saying how foolish monk was to do the same?

Personally i just think monk was sick of it......but was unable to change it......lets hope TP can,though he sounded irritated to me on his post match conference,and really who can blame him?

There’s a difference between how it’s been done though. Pulis is constructive with his criticism and is open and honest, doesn’t throw them under a bus and tell them they’re finished. 

Monk on the other hand told players they had no future at the club mid season. Big difference 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

There’s a difference between how it’s been done though. Pulis is constructive with his criticism and is open and honest, doesn’t throw them under a bus and tell them they’re finished. 

Monk on the other hand told players they had no future at the club mid season. Big difference 

Over the last 10 years Pulis has frozen out way way WAY more players than Garry Monk ever has

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Over the last 10 years Pulis has frozen out way way WAY more players than Garry Monk ever has

Has he ever done it to a clubs best players though? Or has he ever said to the media that half of the team won’t be here come the end of the season mid season with 20 games to go when you need the same players to get you results. I doubt it because you’d have to be pretty dumb to do that 

54 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Interesting that Pulis would , “ call out “ Pelupessy when it was Pulis who chose to substitute him into the game when we were winning. 

I'm going to take a wild guess that Pulis didn't send Joey on with the instruction  "when you get the ball, pass it to a yellow shirt". 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Has he ever done it to a clubs best players though? Or has he ever said to the media that half of the team won’t be here come the end of the season mid season with 20 games to go when you need the same players to get you results. I doubt it because you’d have to be pretty dumb to do that 

I'd look it up - you might be shocked/surprised but you're better off being aware of how Puliis freezes players out regularly so it doesn't come as a surprise when / if he does it here

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The best players??????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Not really,nit picking,theirs the principle first of should a critique be done behind closed doors? or to the media? both managers have felt the need to do it publicly, tells you something....(frustration at the players coming out?)

Dont have to explicitly tell a payer he is  finished,you can sub him,you can choose not to select him,even with few if any strikers...

What would that tell you?

Footballers are people,& not naive,and their occupation/workplace is no different to mine or yours in that respect.....they know when its 910 jack time,just like you and me....

Sometimes its nothing whatsoever to do with them,just a manager wanting different things..

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

The best players??????

Westwood, Hutchinson, Forestieri we’re comfortably within the best half a dozen players at the club 

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Unless you think him stupid(dont find many stupid Millionaires) Q:How pi**ed off must he have been to have done that?? and if he was out of order,why do you think Chansiri didnt step in?..

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not really,nit picking,theirs the principle first of should a critique be done behind closed doors? or to the media? both managers have felt the need to do it publicly, tells you something....(frustration at the players coming out?)

Dont have to explicitly tell a payer he is  finished,you can sub him,you can choose not to select him,even with few if any strikers...

What would that tell you?

Footballers are people,& not naive,and their occupation/workplace is no different to mine or yours in that respect.....they know when its 910 jack time,just like you and me....

Sometimes its nothing whatsoever to do with them,just a manager wanting different things..

Well as an example.. Jordan Rhodes. Pulis clearly wasn’t happy with him against Stoke, subbed him early then hasn’t used him last two games. After the Stoke game he got asked about it and he said he’d have a chat with him so you’d have to think it’s been resolved in the right way. Under Monk he’d just disappear to watch homes under the hammer with no explanation given

14 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Also a big difference on impact.

Monk actually won some football matches.

• Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Unless you think him stupid(dont find many stupid Millionaires) Q:How pi**ed off must he have been to have done that?? and if he was out of order,why do you think Chansiri didnt step in?..

I do think Monk is stupid for doing that.. at the time he said it I just thought well that’s totally unmotivating and it’s a daft thing to say after 26 games. Got no idea how much money he has but intelligence and wealth are only loosely correlated, particularly when said wealth has been earnt from kicking a ball about.

Yeah I’m sure he was annoyed.. because his monotone press conferences after the previous 3 defeats hadn’t had any effect. Can’t rely on Chansiri to do anything.. they’re like dumb and dumber

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I do think Monk is stupid for doing that.. at the time he said it I just thought well that’s totally unmotivating and it’s a daft thing to say after 26 games. Got no idea how much money he has but intelligence and wealth are only loosely correlated, particularly when said wealth has been earnt from kicking a ball about.

Yeah I’m sure he was annoyed.. because his monotone press conferences after the previous 3 defeats hadn’t had any effect. Can’t rely on Chansiri to do anything.. they’re like dumb and dumber

As i have said recently no one in the forum is changing each others views......you are entitled to think monk stupid, this might suggest not....Harry Redknapps new 3.8 million home to be built on Gary Monks Sandbanks land!!       

Monk knew what he was doing......join the dots why

I’m not sure which was my favourite Joey moment today

The attempt to take a shot whilst sitting down

The booting the ball out of play under limited pressure twice 

The moment where he got time and space and broke forward for once. Then panicked and passed it backwards to Palmer

Three real contenders, all with legitimate claims 

I don’t think anyone who watched today’s game can say that the players didn’t give their all.  They tried right up to the final whistle.  Problem is we are lacking a goal scorer plus that bit of quality.  

Pulis will get it right; the issue is whether he can do this before we are well and truly cast adrift.  The importance of the matches between now and the New Year cannot be understated.  The players we have must keep battling and giving it their all.  

At times I get very angry but at the end of the day so long as the players give everything you cannot ask for more than to try your best - even if ultimately it is not good enough.  I genuinely believe TP can sees the teams weaknesses / imbalance but he needs time an has to work under current constraints.  

• Like 2