Owls manager Tony Pulis assesses the defeat at Carrow Road

15 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So you think Pulis believes Joey is a top player who would sure up our defence and maintain possession?

I think he played Iorfa there because he's not convinced by Pelupessy. Having said that when he used him as a substitute he must have decided he offered the best availanble option.

The truth is that some of our players aren't good enough despite trying their best. The manager can only play the players he's got available. If he uses a player he doesn't think is good enough it must be because he's the best option despite his failings. It's not the fault of the player if he can't do a job perfectly, all you can ask is that the player does his best and gives 100%. Pelupessy does that.

Every club would like better players but you can only buy what you can afford. I'm hoping Pulis can find us a few gems at knock down prices. We need them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’m not sure which was my favourite Joey moment today

The attempt to take a shot whilst sitting down

The booting the ball out of play under limited pressure twice 

The moment where he got time and space and broke forward for once. Then panicked and passed it backwards to Palmer

Three real contenders, all with legitimate claims 

Desperately limited footballer who needs to be offloaded in January if possible , i know some will bleat but he aint good enough and never will be , people bleated about Baker and Thorniley leaving but neither of them are even making the match day squad for Newport and Blackpool.

17 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Westwood, Hutchinson, Forestieri we’re comfortably within the best half a dozen players at the club 

Westwood?

Wow.

The man gets injured when the opposition cross a ball over his head.

He's a liability.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The tactics wasn’t to go to a back 6 though.. it was to use the pace of the black lads on the counter attack, so they were playing up front out of position. He’s played Harris up top in both of the last two games because without Windass the only recognised striker is Rhodes and he doesn’t have the pace to play that role 

It looked like a flat back 6 to me with 3 in front and Harris up top on his own. The point still stands though. Make negative substitutions and it will invite pressure

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

The tactics wasn’t to go to a back 6 though.. it was to use the pace of the black lads on the counter attack, so they were playing up front out of position. He’s played Harris up top in both of the last two games because without Windass the only recognised striker is Rhodes and he doesn’t have the pace to play that role 

Why didn’t you call Windass and Rhodes ‘ white lads .’ ? 

Embarassing post, should be deleted. 

• Love 1

On 05/12/2020 at 20:14, parajack said:

I  agree, with pulis said what i thought,players are well paid to do a job,and be able to withstand pressure and not fold,why should the manager always carry the can for players who dont/cant do whats asked??

Didnt monk do similar and was lambasted for doing it?

Thing is, Pulis has a track record where players whether they agree with him

or not they know he speaks from

experience at the highest level

where he has more than held his own. Monk doesn’t have the gravitas Pulis has.

On 05/12/2020 at 20:14, parajack said:

I  agree, with pulis said what i thought,players are well paid to do a job,and be able to withstand pressure and not fold,why should the manager always carry the can for players who dont/cant do whats asked??

Didnt monk do similar and was lambasted for doing it?

I think the difference is pullis was more balanced the way he does it. 

He'll praise those that deserved it and criticise those who need it. 

He's trying to give players that need it a kick up the backside. 

The way monk conveyed a similar thing sounded more like deflection of blame away from himself  on to scape goats. No balanced view or praise for individuals that had played well in the same interview.