Owls manager Tony Pulis assesses the defeat at Carrow Road

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Makes no excuses for our players. 

Especially liked the fact he called out pelupessy for consistently kicking the ball back to them and just inviting pressure on. 

No hiding behind the curtain 

Someone posted the other day that calling out players was a horrific thing to do from a manager

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Especially liked the fact he called out pelupessy for consistently kicking the ball back to them and just inviting pressure on. 

Yup and about flipping time, we may as well just play with 10 min when pelupessy plays 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Interesting that Pulis would , “ call out “ Pelupessy when it was Pulis who chose to substitute him into the game when we were winning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(1) NB:didnt see the match ,listened on the radio  (context)

Positives:

Great to hear the ball being put out to the wing backs,and with no messing about,crosses being pinged into the box,also no knocking the ball out of play from kick off.(straight into an early goal scoring chance)

Adam Reach seems to be getting some form back,and great to hear about him putting some quality balls in.

Harris a real handful with his pace,just a pity he wasn't able to finish one of the chances.

Organised and gave Norwich a game,making chances & scoring first  but side incapable of holding out and not conceding after going ahead.

Patterson & Windass looking good(bet your glad monk brought them in eh?) cant have it both ways...

Negatives

PP miss & general play,just not good enough,squad player(at best) plenty of effort,but just needs replacing in my view.Had he scored it may well have put the game out of Norwich reach.

VA loaned out,but little better in my view for it.At fault for the Fulham goal,and by the sounds of it today,could have given another goal away similarly.Always feel currently that he will do similar,dont have confidence in him.

GK sounded like he was at fault for the first goal? We seem to be forever having these conversations,no matter who is in goal..

Squad(still) seem to fold in the last period of a tough match(Pulis ref this in his post match talk) Pulis sounded frustrated to me,& highlighted some things the Players were doing,which i assume he didn't coach(not passing around,just booting the ball away for Norwich to pick up,& so on)

This side in my view not good enough to have a tactic of defending and hanging onto a 1-0 lead....or a 1-1 draw even....how many times have they shown us this?

57 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

100% confidence in TP-players really are putting t’effort in, some aren’t good enough, January will be a big month.

Exactly 

Won't stop people slating pulis tho 

• Like 2

Great that he will call players out like Joey. It's so true that we are used to crumbling at the end of games, Monk never stopped the hoof ball and it stuck. Tom 'Panic!' Lees must be the worst player to have in that situation.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Someone posted the other day that calling out players was a horrific thing to do from a manager

I  agree, with pulis said what i thought,players are well paid to do a job,and be able to withstand pressure and not fold,why should the manager always carry the can for players who dont/cant do whats asked??

Didnt monk do similar and was lambasted for doing it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep but we're living in a world of post-truth and hypocrisy where that's concerned

I just wonder if the same people praising Pulis(i agree with them by the way) for being outspoken about players faults as he see's it,are some of the same ones saying how foolish monk was to do the same?

Personally i just think monk was sick of it......but was unable to change it......lets hope TP can,though he sounded irritated to me on his post match conference,and really who can blame him?

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Big TP fan. Over the next few games I am sure we will start to see a return from our hard work... 

Already seeing improvement and better organisation,but i just hope the players can respond,sadly hard work and effort alone may not win us games,and by the time the transfer window comes,if we dont start winning we will have a mountain to climb...