THE BUZZ IS BACK

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The talk about the premier league was nice and generally pie in the sky.

But his general demeanour, how he came across and his knowledge and how he seemed to genuinely want to guide DC and the club really impressed me. Hopefully a good safe pair of hands for us and makes me feel like we could have replaced Bruce who was also an engaging talker in the media.

Boro fans will be smiling knowingly. 

30 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Well I just watched the whole 1hr 20mins and I’m far more invested in him, it’s not who I wanted but he’s bought me over for now at least.

He didn’t bull

He was to the point

I think a few things he said without saying them fully were

1. Weaver and Bullen will be going

2. Barry Bannan won’t be his long term captain 

3. Kieran Westwood will be first choice 

4. We are biggest than the team from S2

Welcome TP

Sums it up perfectly

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Results are the be all and end all. If he doesn’t get them he won’t get anyone’s support.

But I think he came across well as his own man, not trying to portray a particular image or hide himself. The club has lacked a communicator and had one briefly in Bruce...whether it’s telling people a few things to get them on side whether they believe them or not that’s fine as it works and Bruce would tell players what he needed to. But I think he seemed quite honest with it.

I know plenty of Boro fans up in the NE and what they thought of Pulis as they finished 7th. I also know they needed Colin to save them after he left.

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Do you really care that much what Middlesbrough fans think? 

Defination of tin pot

55 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It all boils down to man management, you either have it or you don't.

Monk didn't, Pulis does.

FFS. So you"ve figured that out after one presser, when its standard for any new manager to blow smoke up the chairman's/fans arses? How cheap are some of our fans?

I'll look out for your Pulis out post after our next defeat.

• Like 1

I liked what I heard too. Seems an honest, likeable guy and that's what I got from his interviews at other clubs. Breath of fresh air compared to Monk and Jos for sure.

Not afraid to say things how he sees them. He wants Westwood back in, and interesting comments on Patterson not seeing him necessarily as a striker. Thought he would have been used as a target man under him so interesting to see how he's deployed.

This isn't a great team though so can't expect a major turnaround right away. But he sounds like he really fancies this and wants to put things right so hopefully it will be the start of a better period ahead.

Also meant to add that I can see why he's good friends with Meggo. Both have a lot of similarities, good honest, hardworking guys that fans can relate to.

Has the game moved on from those types now? We'll see but I think we desperately needed a boss with some personality and one players will respect- and one that actually answers questions honestly that fans want to hear. 

18 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think we’ve been the definition of tin pot for longer. All fans can be worth listening to. 

Middlesbrough one trophy in their history 

Crystal Palace never won a trophy in their history 

They'd be last fans I'd be listening to about been successful

• Like 1

Great, really enjoyed it. Watched the entire thing before coming on here as I didn't want to be swayed, pleased to see the reaction has been positive.

I've been watching a lot of the Undr the Cosh podcast recently and several of his former players have spoken fondly of him and appreciated his honesty. Even when they were out of favour or told to move on they praised him, it's the managers that lie and can't look you in the eye that players tend to dislike, that podcast can be brutal as well at times. (you should hear every player that's played under Kevin Blackwell) What I saw today matches up with what I've heard on about him on there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Always happens, or the wife says "we should have gone for the bigger one" lol 

When my wife told me I should have got a bigger one I was most offended. Some women are  never satisfied.

It's not the size that matters.lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Middlesbrough one trophy in their history 

Crystal Palace never won a trophy in their history 

They'd be last fans I'd be listening to about been successful

They’ve averaged over 30000 7 times since 1999. We’ve not managed it since the 1960s. People in glass houses......They weren’t moaning about lack of success they were moaning about being bored shiteless. 

1 hour ago, waddleisgod said:

Well I just watched the whole 1hr 20mins and I’m far more invested in him, it’s not who I wanted but he’s bought me over for now at least.

He didn’t bull

He was to the point

I think a few things he said without saying them fully were

1. Weaver and Bullen will be going

2. Barry Bannan won’t be his long term captain 

3. Kieran Westwood will be first choice 

4. We are biggest than the team from S2

Welcome TP

Fully agree and Paterson is not a centre forward...interesting stuff 

20 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They’ve averaged over 30000 7 times since 1999. We’ve not managed it since the 1960s. People in glass houses......They weren’t moaning about lack of success they were moaning about being bored shiteless. 

What's attendence have to do with owt? 

Aye yes Middlesbrough the free flowing football team everyone loves and knows 

I'm not going to rant but I don't get it.... I really don't...... it's like you all don't know Tony Pulis and he's a manager from abroad nobody knows.... It's so weird. Really really weird. 

It's nice to see your all happy but.....

This is like people historically saying 

"I can't wait to watch paid dry!"

"I remember watching paint dry, was so exiting!"

"He going to create a squad to fit paid drying! And that's AWSOME!" 

The best seems to be Pulis "Will make us great again!!!" 

I REALLY REALLY wish I felt the same but..... he's Tony Pulis.... and I've watched his team's play once a season against us usually at home and that was enough....

It's okay I know your all going to tell me he's the messiah and I've got it all wrong bt........ I didn't on Jos or Monk. I called it on Carlos had to go and that Bruce was the right choice but Newcastle ruined that....  I'd like to say I WILL be wrong now but it's Tony Pulis......... I think he should get in to PR because one press conference and he's given you all amnesia. 

Anyway we will see.......... Okay.