THE BUZZ IS BACK

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From a sales point of view the Currys salesman has sold me on the big new TV and I've bought it

He's pulled every sales trick in the book to talk to me about the problems I have with my current product, flattered me a little, offered a solution, told me the features and benefits etc

We now have to get it home, set it up, and see how it does

Hope it's not a Bush

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I agree Pulis made all the right noises...BUT our players will be the same ones on Saturday they have been all season....in the main crap.

If he can get them to gel and play as a team, and get them to FIGHT, we may make progress.

Progress being moving away from the bottom of the table, these players are not play off material or anywhere close.

I won't hold my breath though been too many false dawns.....

It all boils down to man management, you either have it or you don't.

Monk didn't, Pulis does.

• Like 1

I could have given that interview. He had his soundbites ready to keep the fans happy.

Proof will be on the pitch, it's a results based busines and I'll reserve judgement at this point.

Curious to see how we line up and play on Saturday so will watching on Ifollow.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From a sales point of view the Currys salesman has sold me on the big new TV and I've bought it

He's pulled every sales trick in the book to talk to me about the problems I have with my current product, flattered me a little, offered a solution, told me the features and benefits etc

We now have to get it home, set it up, and see how it does

I bought a new telly from a mate, 20 inches bigger than the one I had n he only charged me £50, the only problem was the volume button wouldn't work, but for that price I couldn't turn it down! 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I agree Pulis made all the right noises...BUT our players will be the same ones on Saturday they have been all season....in the main crap.

If he can get them to gel and play as a team, and get them to FIGHT, we may make progress.

Progress being moving away from the bottom of the table, these players are not play off material or anywhere close.

I won't hold my breath though been too many false dawns.....

Good point. However, Bruce got so much more than Jos out of the same group of players. It won’t be a surprise if Pulis gets far better results than monk with the same squad. There’s a lot to be said for successful experience in the championship.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Might not have the option I don't think the players we have, can attain anything better than they have already performed at.  

I genuinely believe we have a mid table team as it stands.

We are a good way from bothering the top 6, but he has time to assess what is needed and what isn't before January and then our rebuild will start.

Well I just watched the whole 1hr 20mins and I’m far more invested in him, it’s not who I wanted but he’s bought me over for now at least.

He didn’t bull

He was to the point

I think a few things he said without saying them fully were

1. Weaver and Bullen will be going

2. Barry Bannan won’t be his long term captain 

3. Kieran Westwood will be first choice 

4. We are biggest than the team from S2

Welcome TP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I genuinely believe we have a mid table team as it stands.

We are a good way from bothering the top 6, but he has time to assess what is needed and what isn't before January and then our rebuild will start.

Think Monk would have got us away from relegation but the rebuild must be made of better quality that the last window.  To be honest three  real quality players in key positions would see us move up the league.  

The talk about the premier league was nice and generally pie in the sky.

But his general demeanour, how he came across and his knowledge and how he seemed to genuinely want to guide DC and the club really impressed me. Hopefully a good safe pair of hands for us and makes me feel like we could have replaced Bruce who was also an engaging talker in the media.

9 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Well I just watched the whole 1hr 20mins and I’m far more invested in him, it’s not who I wanted but he’s bought me over for now at least.

He didn’t bull

He was to the point

I think a few things he said without saying them fully were

1. Weaver and Bullen will be going

2. Barry Bannan won’t be his long term captain 

3. Kieran Westwood will be first choice 

4. We are biggest than the team from S2

Welcome TP

5. Paterson isn’t a striker and where are the rest of them,!