THE BUZZ IS BACK

Thought he spoke well enough, but buzz definitely not back yet for me.  Just words as things stand, sounded competent but uninspiring.  First big test is league position by end of year.  Following on from that, let’s see what use is made of January transfer window.  I’m hoping to have buzz back by then, but not banking on it.

• Like 1

Whoever was appointed you’d have someone pointing out a reason in their opinion why they were the wrong appointment.

What makes me laugh is just about everyone agreed that Bruce was a good appointment (which he was) yet have reservations about Pulis who has a similar track record. If a lot of it is down to styles of play? It’s not as if Bruce has his teams playing champagne football?

• Love 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

From a sales point of view the Currys salesman has sold me on the big new TV and I've bought it

He's pulled every sales trick in the book to talk to me about the problems I have with my current product, flattered me a little, offered a solution, told me the features and benefits etc

We now have to get it home, set it up, and see how it does

Hope you took out the free insurance 

• Haha 1

The best bit of his press conference was him admitting we don’t have the players to play the Pulis style. It is good he recognises this. We have no pace down the sides and no physical presence up front.  He can play the way he did at Stoke , boro and wba but we will lose. He will need to adapt for the next 6 weeks , and then buy some players in January. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Boro fans will be smiling knowingly. 

I remember Villa fans smiling too when Bruce was announced.  Turns out Wednesday might need dinosaur managers to sort out their problems more than other teams do. We shall see 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Predictable soundbites, from Tony. 

I'll wait to see how we play first, before getting all giddy. 

Exactly. Talk is cheap. Lets see where we are after 20,30,40 games and see how excited people get after his press conferences then.

Hope it works out for him but why get excited after a press conference? 

7 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Exactly. Talk is cheap. Lets see where we are after 20,30,40 games and see how excited people get after his press conferences then.

Hope it works out for him but why get excited after a press conference? 

Because after theshite served up over the last 12 months that interview sounded as good as Gwen Stefani singing naked in my shower.

• Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich
10 hours ago, ashley8 said:

I'm not going to rant but I don't get it.... I really don't...... it's like you all don't know Tony Pulis and he's a manager from abroad nobody knows.... It's so weird. Really really weird. 

It's nice to see your all happy but.....

This is like people historically saying 

"I can't wait to watch paid dry!"

"I remember watching paint dry, was so exiting!"

"He going to create a squad to fit paid drying! And that's AWSOME!" 

The best seems to be Pulis "Will make us great again!!!" 

I REALLY REALLY wish I felt the same but..... he's Tony Pulis.... and I've watched his team's play once a season against us usually at home and that was enough....

It's okay I know your all going to tell me he's the messiah and I've got it all wrong bt........ I didn't on Jos or Monk. I called it on Carlos had to go and that Bruce was the right choice but Newcastle ruined that....  I'd like to say I WILL be wrong now but it's Tony Pulis......... I think he should get in to PR because one press conference and he's given you all amnesia. 

Anyway we will see.......... Okay.

I don’t think it would have taken a genius to work out Bruce would do well and Jos and Monk would Be poo!

Tony pulis isn’t the kind of person to say stuff just to please you, it says it how it is, and so far so good. Back him and shut up whining.

I'm not feeling anything yet. New manager syndrome probably going to kick in with the players about to prove themselves and looking to get another chance if they were previously out in the cold.

Will be waiting with my judgment on TP and the team until we've got some matches under our belt. For now, I wish TP welcome and wish him all the best and of course, as with any manager coming to Wednesday, want him to succeed in making us return to great shape again. But I can't shake this feeling, it's Pulis... but I'm trying to quell my own fears about that and hope he can deliver and prove me wrong!

9 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Tony pulis isn’t the kind of person to say stuff just to please you, it says it how it is, and so far so good. Back him and shut up whining.

To be fair, Monk wasn't about saying stuff to please you either, always delivering honest press conferences, but the problem with that was how bleak and poo it was delivered. And during a long run of poor form as was the case under his tenure, being repeatedly told honestly that things are poo, it just doesn't breed confidence either.

I hope TP will bring a bit more passion into it, tell it how it is, but be more energetic and engaging.

19 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

I don’t think it would have taken a genius to work out Bruce would do well and Jos and Monk would Be poo!

Cancel culture comes to Owlstalk. 

12 hours ago, waddleisgod said:

Well I just watched the whole 1hr 20mins and I’m far more invested in him, it’s not who I wanted but he’s bought me over for now at least.

He didn’t bull

He was to the point

I think a few things he said without saying them fully were

1. Weaver and Bullen will be going

2. Barry Bannan won’t be his long term captain 

3. Kieran Westwood will be first choice 

4. We are biggest than the team from S2

Welcome TP

I’m quoting myself which is sad I know, but one thing I didn’t mention was it was nice to have a manager speak with personality, he was having a laugh with the journos and seemed genuinely relaxed and enthusiastic.

when you think of the dull dross that came out of Monk and Jos it should be refreshing hearing what the manager has to say!

10 hours ago, ashley8 said:

I'm not going to rant but I don't get it.... I really don't...... it's like you all don't know Tony Pulis and he's a manager from abroad nobody knows.... It's so weird. Really really weird. 

It's nice to see your all happy but.....

This is like people historically saying 

"I can't wait to watch paid dry!"

"I remember watching paint dry, was so exiting!"

"He going to create a squad to fit paid drying! And that's AWSOME!" 

The best seems to be Pulis "Will make us great again!!!" 

I REALLY REALLY wish I felt the same but..... he's Tony Pulis.... and I've watched his team's play once a season against us usually at home and that was enough....

It's okay I know your all going to tell me he's the messiah and I've got it all wrong bt........ I didn't on Jos or Monk. I called it on Carlos had to go and that Bruce was the right choice but Newcastle ruined that....  I'd like to say I WILL be wrong now but it's Tony Pulis......... I think he should get in to PR because one press conference and he's given you all amnesia. 

Anyway we will see.......... Okay.

^^^^^; Our new Director of football , nowt he doesn't know !

44 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

I enjoyed what Tony Pulis had to say yesterday but a lot of it was just to please supporters.
He has been around the block a bit and knows how to play to the gallery by saying we are bigger than United.
Also the part about Sheffield being a working class place was all public relations really.

I have no doubt though that he wont stand any shirkers. 
One thing I dislike about our side since the play off final is the feeling some were going through the motions.
Confident Pulis wont stand for that.