England men's fixtures omdt.

Guest Mcguigan
4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He is a decent holding midfielder. Not sure why we need him and Rice on the pitch

We don't. The performance had improved since Phillips pushed on but, imo, there are better no 8's than Phillips for England. 

In his correct position, its just daft to suggest he's a million miles away from the team. 

Southgate see's his energy and his athleticism in midfield ads a positive, which is fine but at no 8 I'd like to see more there. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

JWP worth a squad place for the set pieces.

Sterling has been rubbish today 

I don't think Sterling's had a great season for club and country.

Edited by bradowl
  • Like 1

Just now, bradowl said:

I don't think he's had a great season for club and country.

Not many wide attackers in the squad. I’m not a fan of Southgate’s 3 at the back systems, but given the lack of wide attacking options in this squad it seems like it’d make more sense since Sancho, Rashford, Saka, Grealish etc aren’t in the squad. Are they all injured?

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Not many wide attackers in the squad. I’m not a fan of Southgate’s 3 at the back systems, but given the lack of wide attacking options in this squad it seems like it’d make more sense since Sancho, Rashford, Saka, Grealish etc aren’t in the squad. Are they all injured?

Rashford & Saka are.

Sounds like Pope has set a record tonight:

6 clean sheets in his first 6 appearances. 

Typical performance under Southgate.

Slow ponderous, sideways passing.

Safety first football.

He'll comment on how we kept the ball and passed it well but against the top or even decent  teams you need to pass it quicker and move quicker.

We will just do a Wednesday and pass it around get squeezed back into our own half and the punt it forward. Not see the ball for a time and then rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Why am I getting the impression you’re not a fan of Lingard?

lol 

I don’t mind Lingard to be honest he’s alright but it’s just the clear favouritism that annoys me.

I’m worried about the Poland game now, I won’t live it down with my partner and her family if we lose against them

All this attacking talent and it's almost like Southgate is scared to use it.

In the last 16 of Euros we will probably face France, Germany or Portugal and If he leaves talented attacking players on the bench we go out in the last 16 he'll get slaughtered!

• Like 1