England men's fixtures omdt.

Just now, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Typical performance under Southgate.

Slow ponderous, sideways passing.

Safety first football.

He'll comment on how we kept the ball and passed it well but against the top or even decent  teams you need to pass it quicker and move quicker.

We will just do a Wednesday and pass it around get squeezed back into our own half and the punt it forward. Not see the ball for a time and then rinse and repeat.

He’s just a classic inoffensive England coach that the old boys at the F.A seem to love 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

All this attacking talent and it's almost like Southgate is scared to use it.

In the last 16 of Euros we will probably face France, Germany or Portugal and If he leaves talented attacking players on the bench we go out in the last 16 he'll get slaughtered!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t make it out of the group, Czech Republic and Croatia are no pushovers

• Like 1

Is Kane oblivious to how bad that is or just trying to save face.

I don’t see any reason for him to drop deep in international football like this when the players aren’t as fragmented so no space, nobody able to make the runs like Son does. It’s pointless. He just needs to get in the positions and let people make the chances for him.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Will Man City look at Kane and think we can replicate what we saw today with Kane, Stering and Foden lol

They could well do.

You are forgetting that he would be playing under the tutelage of the world's best coach. Kane has ability, of that there is no doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

They could well do.

You are forgetting that he would be playing under the tutelage of the world's best coach. Kane has ability, of that there is no doubt.

I don’t think Guardiola would be particularly interested in him

I don't think we will do as well as people are expecting in a major tournament. For me we don't have enough quality in the central midfield area. Player like Rice and Phillips will get dominated against the top teams like France, Italy, Germany etc.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, markg said:

I don't think we will do as well as people are expecting in a major tournament. For me we don't have enough quality in the central midfield area. Player like Rice and Phillips will get dominated against the top teams like France, Italy, Germany etc.

That is why he has to get his tactics spot on, he could start with Foden behind Kane with Rashford and Sterling wide, with Grealish and Sancho to bring on.

I just hope we see the likes of Grealish and Sancho on the pitch trying to go for it rather than the likes of Phillips or a Ward Prowse.

If he goes negative and leaves talented players on the bench the likes of Foden, Grealish and Sancho and we go out in round of 16 he'll be slaughtered.