England men's fixtures omdt.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has done well for England before and is in-form right now. Don't see a problem with it. He's far from my favourite player but as long as he is in on merit then fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Huncho said:

He has 5 goals and 2 assists from 7 matches. If he keeps that up then he will be good enough for the squad. 

He hasn't suddenly improved loads, he's just on good form, he a decent PL player but you don't win competitions with decent PL players. 

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He hasn't suddenly improved loads, he's just on good form, he a decent PL player but you don't win competitions with decent PL players. 

Like I said, if he keeps it up it won’t just be down to form.

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He has improved from not playing at all prior to his move!

Southgate said he wouldn't have been picked if everyone was fit but as he is fit and on form he got picked!

Has he brought his smelly feet to your clinic or something? 

12 minutes ago, Huncho said:

Like I said, if he keeps it up it won’t just be down to form.

fair enough just seems funny to me Grealish plays really well for age and misses out on several squad (Ireland could've nabbed him) Lingard plays a few good games and gets straight back in

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has improved from not playing at all prior to his move!

Southgate said he wouldn't have been picked if everyone was fit but as he is fit and on form he got picked!

Has he brought his smelly feet to your clinic or something? 

Southgate is desperate to pick him, he loves him

No I haven't seen him in clinic, I've limited experience with footballers, just had one young lad who was at an academy that used to come every few weeks as was too worried to have the nail removed which takes 6-8 weeks to recover from.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

fair enough just seems funny to me Grealish plays really well for age and misses out on several squad (Ireland could've nabbed him) Lingard plays a few good games and gets straight back in

Southgate is desperate to pick him, he loves him

No I haven't seen him in clinic, I've limited experience with footballers, just had one young lad who was at an academy that used to come every few weeks as was too worried to have the nail removed which takes 6-8 weeks to recover from.

Southgate hasn't picked him previously when he hasn't been on form and others have been available. He picked him this time on merit. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Southgate hasn't picked him previously when he hasn't been on form and others have been available. He picked him this time on merit. 

What I am saying is that the threshold for Lingard to get picked is lower than most of players

IMO Rice is a far better choice for holding midfield than Philips. I wasn’t sure about Rice a year or two ago but he’s been class for West Ham this season and looks like a proper player. 

A midfield 3 of Rice, Foden and Bellingham has the potential to be something special, and obviously there are some really exciting options further up the pitch as well... if Stones and Shaw can keep their good form going, we can find a better centre half than Maguire, and get a proper manager, England have got the makings of a really decent side for the next few tournaments

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

IMO Rice is a far better choice for holding midfield than Philips. I wasn’t sure about Rice a year or two ago but he’s been class for West Ham this season and looks like a proper player. 

A midfield 3 of Rice, Foden and Bellingham has the potential to be something special, and obviously there are some really exciting options further up the pitch as well... if Stones and Shaw can keep their good form going, we can find a better centre half than Maguire, and get a proper manager, England have got the makings of a really decent side for the next few tournaments

I fully agree, I've been thinking about why don't we try and tempt Guardiola after he leaves Man City? I think he mentioned before he would like to manage internationally and that he plans on retiring when still relatively young? What other projects would excite him, Juventus/another Italian team and another national team like Spain etc? I think he would enjoy working with our current/future players and has been working here since 2016 too, but we will probably stick with Southgate and people like him though.

• Like 1