England men's fixtures omdt.

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The problem is we literally have loads of awesome attacking midfielders that are much better and it’s enough of a struggle to fit them in yet he’s also adding Lingard into the mix that is nowhere near as good but no doubt will take a much better player’s squad place.

I don’t think he’ll be a starter in the major games. Didn’t Southgate say he was even lucky to get a call up with the injuries? 

Edited by Huncho
  • Like 1

On 26/03/2021 at 01:42, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

HullOwl the short corner is played back to a colleague. The defenders all advance as the colleagues passes back to the player who has taken the corner. He is obviously offside, but not from a corner, from open play. The corner has gone ! 

Well yes, that's what I meant...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Huncho said:

How many subs are we allowed at the Euros, 7? If it’s 5 I’ll probably agree. Would you have Maddison in over him? 

Everyone in your squad is a sub but yeh I'd have Maddison, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rashford, Saka, Sancho, Sterling as attacking midfield/winger options, there is just no room for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Everyone in your squad is a sub but yeh I'd have Maddison, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Rashford, Saka, Sancho, Sterling as attacking midfield/winger options, there is just no room for him. 

Agreed with all but Saka. I seriously don’t get the hype with him, but maybe I haven’t watched him enough. Although I’ve seen a fair amount of Arsenal in lockdown. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Huncho said:

Agreed with all but Saka. I seriously don’t get the hype with him, but maybe I haven’t watched him enough. Although I’ve seen a fair amount of Arsenal in lockdown. 

I think he's a really good player but in that list I would imagine at least him and Maddison will miss out anyway so not sure why he is messing about with Lingard. I would've tried a new player and tied them down to our national team for the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think he's a really good player but in that list I would imagine at least him and Maddison will miss out anyway so not sure why he is messing about with Lingard. I would've tried a new player and tied them down to our national team for the future.

Just seen this posted and it would be my exact team. With hindsight I’d have Sterling over Rashford.

C74CF96D-5596-4493-97D6-43D8E0A60F98.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Foden, Mount, Rashford, Sterling are in the current squad. Southgate said himself that Lingard is lucky to be in the squad right now due to injuries to others. If he continues his form in the next 2 months he will be in with a shout, if not he won't be in. Don't really see where the issue is with that. 

Saka and Rashford are injured for both games: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56543022 

My team for tomorrow, 4-3-3, I'll try and go with the same players/that impressed and see how the team do with a tougher match:

Pope

James, Coady (c), Stones, Chilwell

Ward-Prowse, Rice, Foden

Lingard, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins

Kane to come on at some point and start against Poland probably, he'll probably start tomorrow though. It's hard to choose really, I could choose Walker/Trippier, Shaw, Bellingham, Mount, Sterling and Kane. Also why has Southgate chose 3 RB's for this squad? On Lingard I kinda like him as a player, he's on form and I would pick him for the Euro's if I had space, but I doubt I would with all the other players available. He would probably have to continue his current form. I would play him tomorrow over Sterling to give him another game/chance.     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Replace Maguire for Coady and maybe Henderson/Rice for someone else and I would be pretty happy with that.

Depends who we are playing I suppose. I much prefer the England team with 4 at the back than the 3 that Southgate has used previously, I can understand two holding midfielders against the top sides in this formation but think one would be enough in games we are expected to win. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Depends who we are playing I suppose. I much prefer the England team with 4 at the back than the 3 that Southgate has used previously, I can understand two holding midfielders against the top sides in this formation but think one would be enough in games we are expected to win. 

Yeah I fully agree, 3 at the back would be a waste with our current defenders/attackers. What other CB's do we have? Is Keane still playing/playing good? I thought Tarkowski got called up too at one point?

1 minute ago, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah I fully agree, 3 at the back would be a waste with our current defenders/attackers. What other CB's do we have? Is Keane still playing/playing good? I thought Tarkowski got called up too at one point?

Keane & Tarkowski are still doing reasonably be well but none of our CB's stand out as world class and like you say, playing with 3 to cover the fact that we aren't top class in that position just detracts from the attacking side of our game for which we have plenty of good options. 

19 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Replace Maguire for Coady and maybe Henderson/Rice for someone else and I would be pretty happy with that.

What English defensive midfielders do we have better than rice or Henderson? 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Foden, Mount, Rashford, Sterling are in the current squad. Southgate said himself that Lingard is lucky to be in the squad right now due to injuries to others. If he continues his form in the next 2 months he will be in with a shout, if not he won't be in. Don't really see where the issue is with that. 

As Lingard is just not good enough it's a waste of time selecting him

28 minutes ago, Huncho said:

What English defensive midfielders do we have better than rice or Henderson? 

I meant like hbw said below.

44 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

As Lingard is just not good enough it's a waste of time selecting him

He has done well for England before and is in-form right now. Don't see a problem with it. He's far from my favourite player but as long as he is in on merit then fair enough.