OFFICIAL - TONY PULIS APPOINTED SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MANAGER

Guest Bulgaria

I can understand why he has been appointed.

Make no mistake, we are poor this year, think I've seen about 3 halfs of football that gives me some hope but on the whole we have been absolutely dog dirt.

We are in a relegation scrap and if you begrudgingly had to pick a manager to come in to try and get results, Warnock or Pulis would be high on the list.

I believe he will keep us up, just, but I want to see some entertaining football once this season is done and dusted.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

I can understand why he has been appointed.

Make no mistake, we are poor this year, think I've seen about 3 halfs of football that gives me some hope but on the whole we have been absolutely dog dirt.

We are in a relegation scrap and if you begrudgingly had to pick a manager to come in to try and get results, Warnock or Pulis would be high on the list.

I believe he will keep us up, just, but I want to see some entertaining football once this season is done and dusted.

You are not going to see that under Pulis.

Ask the fans of other clubs he has been at.

An awful appointment.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

So let me get this right....

We have a section of our fans turning their noses up at a manager who in the long period of our obscurity has taken a team into the top elite and held them there quite comfortably

What a strange lot we are

You know very well that’s not what it’s about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Pulis in the same breath as attack constantly! That’s not how he operates. It’s a totally different style of long ballgame.

If the longball is going forward then it is more attacking than the tippy tappy sideways balls we have become used to. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

last time he got promoted ........blokes spent most of the last 15 years in the prem with no mark clubs so no surprise he not been gung ho .........over 400 games in the prem and never been relegated thats some going when your manager of stoke,palace and west brom . 

Talk me through Boro.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

You are not going to see that under Pulis.

Ask the fans of other clubs he has been at.

An awful appointment.

Hi Dronfield..... short term I don't think it's an awful appointment, we need points not style right now.

Long term he is not who I would want as manager though.

Be interesting to see how long his contact is for. I can't see a hard nosed negotiator like Pulis only signing a deal to the end of the season.

47 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Dumb and dumber

totally redeem yourself🤣

Mr Chansiri and Mr Paxo are hero's in the making 

Can't wait to see the statues outside Hillsborough 

Very good appointment.

Jesus Christ our fans are deluded.

We're fighting relegation with a really poor squad of players, and with no money to spend.

Who else are we gonna get in?

We are simply not an attractive proposition for managers.

Pulis will keep us up.

The football we've played has been largely sh*t for decades now, so who cares?

Get a grip.

Good recruitment Wednesday.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Talk me through Boro.

On 26 December 2017, Pulis was appointed as manager of Championship club Middlesbrough, replacing the sacked Garry Monk, who left the club ninth in the Championship table, after an indifferent first half to their season.[134] On that same day as his appointment, Pulis was present in the stands to watch Middlesbrough, managed by Academy manager Craig Liddle in the interim period, defeat Bolton Wanderers 2–0 at the Riverside Stadium. Pulis' first match in charge of Middlesbrough ended in a 1–0 home defeat to Aston Villa.

Pulis' first win as Middlesbrough manager came on 1 January 2018, a comeback 3–2 victory at Preston North End. As the season continued, Middlesbrough temporarily began to suffer under the similar results under Pulis that they received under Monk's management, though Pulis turned the team's fortunes around, and they finished fifth, qualifying to the play-offs. However, they were defeated 1–0 by Villa, thus being confirmed as a Championship club for another season, much to the devastation of the club's fans, players and staff.

As Pulis' first full season as Middlesbrough emerged, the Welshman decided to bring in a few new faces to the squad to make their promotion-targeted league campaign come true. His signings included Aden Flint, Paddy McNair, Andy Lonergan, Jordan Hugill, Danny Batth, George Saville, Sam McQueen and secured the return of Muhamed Bešić. Their first game of the season was a comeback 2–2 draw with Millwall at The Den, which set them up to go on to achieve some positive results and raise their hopes of promotion.

Since then, Middlesbrough had a relatively strong run of results through to February, including a 3–2 away win against Pulis' previous club West Bromwich Albion. During the January transfer window, Pulis brought in the additions of Rajiv van la Parra, on loan from Premier League club Huddersfield Town, and former Chelsea midfielder and previous Champions League winner John Obi Mikel. His side went on to maintain a top 6 position until March, though a run of 6 consecutive defeats saw them drop out of the top six for the first time that season. At the end of the season, Pulis left the club when the decision was taken not to extend his contract.

so in summary, far better than what we have been dealt with the last 3 or 4 years.

• Like 1