Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

Just now, @owlstalk said:

MESSAGE TO ALL WEDNESDAY FANS

If you are just going to post stuff like 'says the same thing every time' or 'we've heard it all before' - Press Conferences are NOT for you

Please don't listen to them, read them or watch them

Thanks

That's not right though is it? Sure there is always an element of standard responses to every managers press conference but if it is repeatedly apologising or going over the same issues without anything actually changing game by game then fans have the right to call this out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sums him up, hollow words. The only positive he can put up is the Birmingham game which he constantly harps back to. What about all the other games where we have been crap. Doesn't wash with me he's had more chances than ANY other manager given the ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL results and performances.

TIME TO GO MONK

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, wmb said:

That's not right though is it? Sure there is always an element of standard responses to every managers press conference but if it is repeatedly apologising or going over the same issues without anything actually changing game by game then fans have the right to call this out. 

Let's be honest - it wouldn't matter what he says

No matter what he says people would just jump on him afterwards

It's soooooooo tedious

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

In football its deeds not words , sadly Monk has uttered lots of words but come up with naff all on the positive deeds front. 

Exactly, all the apologists will be saying give him another chance despite all the evidence showing he's not up to the job. He's already had too many chances, you can't just keep blindly doing the same things and expect to get different results. Go now Monk.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just me that thinks he comes across as really arrogant? 

I found today’s interview arrogant.

But all in all what was he suppose to say that would win me over? Nothing. 

I’m not for one second having this “it’s a bad week” narrative he’s portraying. Or that everything was brilliant in the first 5 games. 1 win in 4 all season won’t keep us up. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

MESSAGE TO ALL WEDNESDAY FANS

If you are just going to post stuff like 'says the same thing every time' or 'we've heard it all before' - Press Conferences are NOT for you

Thanks

It is just the same old rinse and repeat from Monk.

• Haha 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

It is just the same old rinse and repeat from Monk.

Thanks

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

44 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I like to think I’m a balanced poster, never rushing to judgment etc, etc....But right now I’d like to kick his f@cking head in, I’m sick of his repetitive BS. He has no idea, we have no hope it’s a match made in hell.......

😂 Made me spit out the majority of an over-priced Espresso.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Apologises and then have a snipe at fans/press "This is not Championship manager." - seriously just go

He of course always knows best and it's always someone else's fault when things go wrong.

It was interesting that after the Rotherham game in his press interview he didn't see any fault with himself. It was entirely down to individual errors that you 'can't legislate against.' No examination of why individuals he is coaching and managing keep repeatedly making mistakes.

It's a theme that we see time and time again with him.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest - it wouldn't matter what he says

No matter what he says people would just jump on him afterwards

It's soooooooo tedious

Not as tedious as our performances under Monk  . He needs to leave, now. Enough is enough. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1